rotated screen, messed up my wallpapers..help

ok so i have 2 x 22" widescreens @ 1680*1050 each. i decided to rotate one 90 degrees and i cant seem to get any wallpaper working right. im using ultra mon, and although in 'theory' it shows it right look what happens

any thoughts?

post-25842-1259534577_thumb.jpg

If you use the Windows desktop settings window and move the (1) monitor up so the tops of the two monitors line up, it should sort out the problem.

Windows draws the desktop from top left to bottom right on the main monitor...so it takes the starting point from a point lower than the top of the other monitor. It compensates by drawing the bottom of the wallpaper at the top, otherwise it would have nothing there.

How big is the wallpaper compared to the res of the screens you posted.... wallpaper should be 2730x1680 (and you'll loose the top left)... also how do you have the wallpaper set?

I'm guessing the above you have right and the bit currently shown in the top right is the part of the image to the bottom right under screen two.

My thoughts are that the wallpaper starts from point0 vertically on screen 1, a way of "correcting" this would be to set screen 2 as 1 (main) but leaving them in their current locations, point0 vertically will then be in line with the top of the right monitor.

This will however set the start bar on the right monitor.

The easiest solution as to not alter anything else....

Alternatively you could manipulate your wallpaper so that you move the top of the image (530pixles) and place it on the bottom and resave the file... that way the error will resort it back to how you intend for it to look :)

i think i get what you're saying, but why cant i with ultra mon have one 1680 x 1050 on one monitor and one wallpaper of portrait format on the other? just like i had before i rotated the monitor..? doesnt ultramon (or any other program) do that?

damn! i repositioned them virtually so that the tops align and they do work :( :(

is there nothing i can do to have the bottoms align and the wallpapers to work and keep them the way i want them?

I think the only way you're going to get them to work is if you have the highest point on the left...so if you move the monitors in the Windows settings so that the portrait one is on the left it should work...and if you keep it as monitor 2, your start menu should still be on the landscape monitor.

I think the only way you're going to get them to work is if you have the highest point on the left...so if you move the monitors in the Windows settings so that the portrait one is on the left it should work...and if you keep it as monitor 2, your start menu should still be on the landscape monitor.

yes but then they will need the monitor on the left... presumably they wants it on the right....

i think i get what you're saying, but why cant i with ultra mon have one 1680 x 1050 on one monitor and one wallpaper of portrait format on the other? just like i had before i rotated the monitor..? doesnt ultramon (or any other program) do that?

Ultramon can do that - just tick the radio for having "a different background/image for each monitor" then select one monitor apply a wallpaper and then select the other monitor and select the other wallpaper

Regarding you first post -

Looking at your screen shot I presume you are applying the one image across both monitors (the image starts from the top left of either monitor 1 or the monitor on the left but im not sure which) either way there are two easy workarounds....

1. You could apply wallpaper individually to each monitor. Just crop out the parts from the larger image you want and it should work.

or

2. Take the "full" image and cut the top 530pixles off the top and replace them at the bottom.

Have you tried either of the above solutions?

1. You could apply wallpaper individually to each monitor. Just crop out the parts from the larger image you want and it should work.

or

2. Take the "full" image and cut the top 530pixles off the top and replace them at the bottom.

Have you tried either of the above solutions?

1. yes it still fks up the image :(

2. no i will try that, although how can i 'count' 530 pixels? canvas size in photoshop?

The select area tool has a fixed size option, select the top then crop onto its on layer... and then shuffle it about.

I can't see any reason why this wont work.

i'll give it a shot and reply, thanks :)