Games you regret buying

This is not meant as a troll. I honestly wish I never purchased Demigod. I thought the game was going to be so awesome and then it was just such a let down with all the network issues. I hope the Dev's learned their lesson on that one. Open beta is your friend.

Pretty typical of NCSoft. Their only decent game has been Guild Wars.

Actually guild wars was made by arena net which in reality doesn't have anything to do with ncsoft :). NCSoft just came along the way and bought arena net. I believe guild wars was still in development back then.

Only one - a flight sim of the A-10 Thunderbolt II called Silent Thunder. Now, I know the A-10 is not the most agile aircraft in the world, but the flight model in that POS was atrocious!! I had my joystick cranked as far in any direction as it would possibly go, and the plane didn't move! (And yes, I recalibrated my joystick - several times, as a matter of fact.) Had to be the worst game I ever bought, bar none.

Regrets:

1. World of Warcraft (plus expansions) - I bought it because my buddies were really into it. I played long enough to level up to 60 with one character, and 69 on another. It was the biggest waste of my gaming career. I remember doing the same thing over and over again and asking myself, "What is the point of this?"
  2. Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - I paid $50 for this game and barely went past the first few levels. The stealth gameplay got boring fast, and hard. Right now it's just sitting on my shelf collecting dust.
  3. Battlefield 2141 - Again, bought it because my buddies were playing. I thought it would be as fun as Battlefield 2. I was wrong.
  4. Halo 3 - It was a fun game, don't get me wrong. I only regretted buying it because my Xbox 360 died (RROD) a day after I bought it. And I paid $70 for it.

My Games I regret buying:

• Mercenaries 2, x2
  • Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Those are really the only two (or three rather) that stand out. There are some other games I at least like enough not to put on this list though or that I bought dirt cheap. If I had not rented 2 copies of Army of Two: The 40th Day, then that would of definitely been added to this list. The game wasn't as bad as Kane & Lynch or Mercenaries but what a waste of money in my opinion not just for how bad the storyline was. Also was not as good as the first one.

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. I love BK, but I couldn't get into that particular game. It's unfortunate. Maybe CoD3 a little bit, but only because it was pretty much the same thing as CoD2 and ironically, for that same reason, it was still an entertaining game.

-Spenser

Bioshock, Left 4 Dead, Black & White.

All for different reason, but they were all a dissapointment in the end, at least for me. It's the main reason why I didn't (and won't buy) their secuels.

I'm torn but I only regret buying MW2 because of strong morale opposition to Activision & the way the f&*ked over the PC community. The game itslef is very fun though.

Mass Effect is great (second time through .... is insane how complex it can get once into it)

****tiest of them all is Shift ... i actually tried my best but for the life of me could not drive the damn car and almost ended up smashing the keyboard ....

so i guess shift could be made into **** drop the f .. marvelous

i agree Mass Effect was amazing and I only played it once. I'm looking forward to playing it a second time and going through all the extra missions.

I've had a look through my PS3 collection, and the only 2 games that I've bought and not liked are Conflict: Denied Ops (a friend convinced me to purchase so that we could online co-op. It was only ?15 so it wasn't that bad) and GTA4. It's just a complete let down and pales in comparison to the 5 that came before it, even with Vice City Stories' disappointing number of glitches and bugs.

I'm generally rather picky when it comes to buying games (it's not limited to games, I took 2 months to pick a new mobile phone) so I don't encounter this often. GTA4 was my faith in Rockstar, and C:DO was a moment of weakness when I first got a PS3.

The Secret of Monkey Island Remake ...only 2,50? from Steam sale but still not worth it. Just plain awful in every way compared to the original.

Play it in classic mode then? You still get the original yanno.

Suprised at the amount of negative feedback for MW2, I've only heard good things about it before...

Personally, Lost Planet was for me a major let down... Even tried to get into it a second time for what it's worth, but was not enjoying it at all..

I'm surprised people actually regret buying the Call of Duty games. They may be overrated or somewhat disappointing, but I don't regret buying them at all.

I agree. I think one word that described MW2 is frustrating, which is why there is this whole, "I hate MW2, yet I have played it for hours and hours", thing.