Macromedia FreeHand vs Adobe Illustrator

Question

Macromedia FreeHand vs Adobe Illustrator

Which is best, whats your opinion?

Would they be better for drawing from scratch than Photoshop?

10 answers to this question

I use Photoshop, so I prefer Illustrator.... it suits me better mainly due to Photoshop.

I think both are pretty good, but I absolutly prefer the Illustrator (Photoshop like) interface.

Is it better for drawing from scratch.... well that depends on what you like to draw. Illustrator uses vectors and that is much harder to work with then just the rasters in Photoshop.

in response to 1: i use freehand because im an mx man

in response to 2: there easier to work with because a vector is classed as an 'object' not a bitmap so it can be moved / deleted / resized at any time

anything is better then corel draw lol

illustrator is, in my opinion, the best. it has a very intuitive gui, and it's so powerfull :)

I used to use vector editing software to create shapes and things like that and then bring them into photoshop, but since PS7, they added the shapes creation, I don't use it any longer.

How would I go about creating some shapes like that in the link then? I've tried some of the drawing tools before but I can never work them right lol

pen. its one of the most powerful tools imo.

I've tried some of the drawing tools before but I can never work them right

thats why you cant create the shapes lol

nowdays i'm using more vector tools then ps7...because ps7 has vector tools, but still very primitive.

I'm not too sure about the use of Illustrator/Freehand..... I have them both but never used them.

Would they be used to create something like the logo/menu shapes from this site?

http://www.compjesse.com/

And then be imported into Photoshop to add effects etc?

Have them both, but never used them... hm... *cough*downloaded*cough* :pirate:

I use Illustrator. It seems to me a lot more intuitive than FreeHand. And although I use Flash, I find that it's just as easy to bring in Illustrator vector stuff... well, almost as easy.

Actually I didnt download them, but I did get them "free" with my CIW Website Design Manager course I'm doing.

I say "free" because I have to pay for the course, but even at the end of it I'll still have fully licensed LEGAL packages of the whole Macromedia MX suite, Freehand, all the Adobe products etc.....