GMail web client all screwed up...

Hey there!

It was very hard to find the right subforum but since it happens on my Mac, I thought I post it right here:

Since a few weeks my GMail web client is all screwed up. Here is a screenshot:

post-65223-1265278659453_thumb.png

This is happening on all Browsers I have installed, which is Google Chrome 5.0.307.1 Dev, which is my default browser, the newest Chrome beta,

Safari 4 and Firefox, all with the newest updates installed. And it only happens on my computer, none of my friends have the same problem.

I disabled any plugin I have ever applied, I reverted it to the default skin which I wasnt using, I changed character settings in browser... nothing.

I have no idea whats going on, but maybe you do... It isnt happening on any other Google Webapp like Reader, News, Calendar or whatever...

System is MacBook Pro 13", 2,26 Ghz, 2GB Ram, OS X 10.6.2...

Forgot to mention it: I did just that after some Google-research, nothing changed. But thanks for the input.

But I just discovered that it is because of my Chrome Dev Build.

That is, because when I tried it a few days ago, the problem occured on all of my browsers, which seemed incredible to me.

After posting that topic here I tried again to assure that everything I stated was correct and boom, on Safari and Chrome Beta, everything worked again.

So the problem only occurs on Chrome Dev Build 5.0.307.1, not on anything else.

Good to know that, but still, the problem persists and id love to have it solved...

Does anyone here have the same Chrome version and the problem does not occur? A friend of mine with the same version tried it last night with no problems.

He is on Mac aswell, but on Leopard. But that shouldnt even remotely be related to that, I call it Bug... right?

• 2 weeks later...

ok, time for a bump... it still does look like in the screenshot above. i am on the latest dev-version and every other webpage i have visited doesnt screw up... only gmail.

i dont know what the hell is causing this problem and apparently i am the only one in the world for whom it comes up.

i am using the beta now again but id like to know whats happening anyways!

anyone?