Can't find a way to disable sleep button on keyboard.

Well, title says it all. I can't for the life of me find a way to disable the button which is very close to esc I push it accidentally and sometimes my cat pushes it and puts my computer to sleep. :(

Click the Battery Icon in the task tray > More Power Options > Left Pane: Choose what the power buttons do > Change When I press the sleep button to: Do nothing for both On Battery and Plugged In > Save Changes

Oh, not a laptop...

In that case: In the Power Options Screen > Click Change Plan Settings beside the Power Plan Enabled > Change advanced power settings (at bottom of page)

Check the settings under the Sleep and Power buttons and lid trees.

Well, title says it all. I can't for the life of me find a way to disable the button which is very close to esc I push it accidentally and sometimes my cat pushes it and puts my computer to sleep. :(

See image below (much easier to explain)...

46800949.jpg

Can't see the above image? Click here.

Are you using a desktop PC ? The option(s) for sleep buttons etc are only visible on my netbook and not for the desktop PC.

If it's for a desktop you can download and use a free prog called Sharpkeys (google it) which lets you remap your keyboard rather than use a risky reg hack. This will let you change the key(s) which the cat likes to press ;)