2010 Summer Football Transfers

"The BBC says that the Reds have rejected an offer of around ?14m for the Spanish keeper, just voted Liverpool's Player of the Season by the fans, though admittedly the competition wasn't stiff."

:rofl: sorry that was just funny :pinch:

Whilst other clubs are linked with signing players, Liverpool are linked with players LEAVING the club.

Gerrard (Real Madrid), Reina (Arsenal), Aquilani (Fiorentina), Benayoun (CSKA Moskow), Torres (Chelsea, Man City, Barca) and Mascherano (Barca). Great.

Thank you Tom Hicks and George Gillett. But I guess it is all Rafa's fault, right?

Whilst other clubs are linked with signing players, Liverpool are linked with players LEAVING the club.

Gerrard (Real Madrid), Reina (Arsenal), Aquilani (Fiorentina), Benayoun (CSKA Moskow), Torres (Chelsea, Man City, Barca) and Mascherano (Barca). Great.

Thank you Tom Hicks and George Gillett. But I guess it is all Rafa's fault, right?

rough times ahead for red's fans :(

Rafe is the only manager that puts public pressure on his own players. It's no wonder, if there is any, that they want to leave.

Other news, AVRAM TO THE HAMMERS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Rafe is the only manager that puts public pressure on his own players. It's no wonder, if there is any, that they want to leave.

Other news, AVRAM TO THE HAMMERS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:D Hopefully it won't follow the good season - bad season cycle.

He's not for sale!!? or are we just driving the price up? shifty.gif

This is from SkySports:

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood claims the club have no intention of selling captain Cesc Fabregas.

The Spanish midfielder is reported to have told the Gunners that he wants to rejoin boyhood idols Barcelona this summer

This is the same situation as Ronaldo.. if he wants to go then lets sell him and make a profit.. but not if we are going to put that money away and not use it to buy 2-3 top players..

Yoann Gourcuff now being linked as Cesc replacement to us.. I don't like the sound of this.. hope Cesc doesn't leave..

EDIT:

Source

I hope we don't sell him on the cheap if it comes down to that.. nothing under ?35M should be acceptable.. broken_heart.gif

Some sources claiming Barca have put Yaya or Ibra on the table in exchange for Cesc + money..

Ibrahimavich was an Arsenal player once, I'd rather not resign old players, Sol was about o.k.

Arsenal got Fabregas for nothing, however a lot of time and money was invested, plus wages when he was injured, so I want ?35,000,000 + Toure.

Why Toure? You have plenty of good players who play in the same position. Diaby, Rosicky, Song, Denilson? You don't like those? 'Cause I don't rate Toure over one of your midfielders.

Why Toure? You have plenty of good players who play in the same position. Diaby, Rosicky, Song, Denilson? You don't like those? 'Cause I don't rate Toure over one of your midfielders.

Actually nothuman.. only Song.. Denilson is more attacking as it Rosicky and Diaby likes to go forward too and is not as good as marking and tackling and just plain holding the ball.. but will Toure be ready to be a backup for Song? Seeing as he is in the starting 11 at Barca..

EDIT: Our current formation is made around Cesc.. I won't be surprised if we change that and make room for Toure if this goes forward pinch.gif

Toure is like a bull dozer coming forward.

He can defend and hang in Midfield.

We need another Song or two.

Song played the Flamini role better than Flamini.

Song was Arsenal player of the season 2009-2010 in my eyes.

Barcelona just completed signing of Villa for ?40m :|

Yeah just read about that, hahahah $40m for a 28 year old who will most likely spend 70% of his time on the bench.

Yeah just read about that, hahahah $40m for a 28 year old who will most likely spend 70% of his time on the bench.

I don't think he's the one who's going to spend most of the time on the bench.

Paul Merson believes Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is the man to replace Barcelona-bound Cesc Fabregas in the heart of Arsenal's midfield.

blink.gif Can't imagine seeing Stevie G in any other jersey than the Red one wears.. not even our red and white..

blink.gif Can't imagine seeing Stevie G in any other jersey than the Red one wears.. not even our red and white..

****ing papers in england need to stop spreading rumours...

lolwat :rofl:

Manchester City have offered ?20m for Aston Villa's England midfielder James Milner, BBC Sport understands.

The England international was recently named PFA Young Player of the Year following an impressive season for Martin O'Neill's team.

The Leeds-born 24-year-old, who joined Villa from Newcastle for ?12m in 2008, is halfway through a four-year deal.

Villa owner Randy Lerner said last week the club will do "everything" in their power to ensure Milner stays.

Premier League and FA Cup Double winners Chelsea and Manchester United have also been linked with Milner, though United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has talked of this summer's transfer market as being "very difficult".

Manchester City have offered ?20m for Aston Villa's England midfielder James Milner, BBC Sport understands.

The England international was recently named PFA Young Player of the Year following an impressive season for Martin O'Neill's team.

The Leeds-born 24-year-old, who joined Villa from Newcastle for ?12m in 2008, is halfway through a four-year deal.

Villa owner Randy Lerner said last week the club will do "everything" in their power to ensure Milner stays.

Premier League and FA Cup Double winners Chelsea and Manchester United have also been linked with Milner, though United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has talked of this summer's transfer market as being "very difficult".

Aston Villa have turned down Manchester City's ?20m bid for their England international James Milner.

"We have received an offer from Manchester City for James Milner and this has been firmly rejected," said a Villa spokesman late on Wednesday.

"We plan to sit down with James and his representative after the World Cup to agree a new long-term deal and this remains our position."

The 24-year-old midfielder was recently named PFA Young Player of the Year.

Leeds-born Milner, who joined Villa from Newcastle for ?12m in 2008, is halfway through a four-year deal.

I would rather have Wrighty's boy, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Arsenal do have a history of buying and selling players from Liverpool.

Gerrard can stay at Liverpool, leave his ego there also.

****ing papers in england need to stop spreading rumours...

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he and Torres left. A decent offer from Real, City, Inter etc... And they'd be off.

MK Dons have signed former Liverpool and Germany midfielder Dietmar Hamann on a one-year contract.

The 36-year-old, who has not played a professional game since leaving Manchester City last July, will become a player-coach at Stadium MK.

He told BBC Three Counties Radio: "I had a few options last year but the right thing wasn't there.

"It's a professionally run football club. It's a club that wants to go higher and into the Championship."

Always liked him.. :)