Why I Ditched Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120%

You know, it's obvious that you don't want to switch, so why not stop hassling the people in here who do want to use it?

All I need in mounting software is to be able to mount, and unmounted. And apparently, I'm not alone with that. So therefore, this app does what I want, and consequently, it does what they want. This is open and shut, so if you could politely refrain from the DT stuff, that would be nice :)

So I can't discuss on a discussion forum with people who come with outlandish claims which are even false.... or do you just want your other viewpoint visible here.

If he didn't want to use a crippled DT lite, and then choose to use another app instead which is even more crippled by design. I just want to know what features he finds so awesome, despite not existing.

So I can't discuss on a discussion forum with people who come with outlandish claims which are even false.... or do you just want your other viewpoint visible here.

If he didn't want to use a crippled DT lite, and then choose to use another app instead which is even more crippled by design. I just want to know what features he finds so awesome, despite not existing.

Gee, look at you getting all fired up. I didn't realize we had to have such religious authority to image mounting software that we had to defend their honor. :rolleyes:

Actually, rather than start a war with people, I'd rather people read my first post, you know, where I say all that I wanted from mounting software was to be able to mount, and unmount. I don't want to have to deal with STPD, I don't want to have to restart, I don't want a separate program, and I don't need that many features.

Anyways, continue bickering, see if I care. What matters to me is that I shared something and people found it useful.

Gee, look at you getting all fired up. I didn't realize we had to have such religious authority to image mounting software that we had to defend their honor. :rolleyes:

Actually, rather than start a war with people, I'd rather people read my first post, you know, where I say all that I wanted from mounting software was to be able to mount, and unmount. I don't want to have to deal with STPD, I don't want to have to restart, I don't want a separate program, and I don't need that many features.

Anyways, continue bickering, see if I care. What matters to me is that I shared something and people found it useful.

And I wasn't dfiscussing with you, I was discussing the topic with someone else in this topic.

And I wasn't dfiscussing with you, I was discussing the topic with someone else in this topic.

As I said, enjoy being fascist about image mounting software, see if I care. I made the polite suggestion that perhaps you should leave it alone, and you still seem to find the need to defend your software of choice. Yeah, you're discussing the topic with someone else, but this is my topic. I made it to help people out, not start a debate :unsure:

Since I apparently am the one who's so religiously overprotective about my software you had to start this argument with me in a completely unrelated thread just because you saw my name in a reply to someone else, I figured I'd bring it back where it belongs. (yes, that's sarcasm)

No, you were mad because he called your beloved DT Lite "crippled" and you were hurt and angry about it. I was annoyed because I didn't put the thread in software discussion because I was offering it as a suggestion for people who only required what I did, which I CLEARLY stated in my first post, but obviously you missed that part.

No I asked him what was so crippled about it, since he chose another software, which by design is more crippled. making his whole argument flawed.

and you posted your "suggestion" on a DISCUSSION forum. meaning other people are allowed to post their opinions and discuss why they should use this over other software that does the same thing, and even more, on the same resources. But hey, I suppose only your opinion should be voiced. and maybe we should instead of discussing the merits of the different softwares in a thread you created talking about how this was apparently better than everything else, we should create a different thread for each softwre with rules that the others can't be mentioned... makes sense....

Seriously, get a grip. and next time you feel the urge to troll me just because you see my name in another unrelated thread where I reply to someone else. just send me a PM or something instead of derailing another thread huh...

I use Virtual CD.... still top of the pops for me :) but a good find none the less! :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks LiquidSolstice. Installed effortlessly and cleanly, working perfectly (W7 x64). This tiny app seems awesome!

I ditched A52 (FE), only needed mounting as well. I'll be sure to come back with WinCDEmu problems if necessary. :D

Can you use this without installing stuff to context menu's? I absolutely hate apps that install stuff to the context menu.

....That's....the whole point. The app has no GUI. The context menu entry will ONLY show up when you right click any of the supported file formats.

Also a SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive user. Pretty simple and easy as well. I'll give it a look.

Virtual CloneDrive + ImgBurn for me.

Agreed. Both small and easy to use. Got to love ImgBurn. What I don't miss about daemon tools is the irritating driver install. It just got annoying after awhile.

• 2 months later...

Interesting find, I've been using SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive in-place of Daemon Tools Lite for some time now (only switched because ImgBurn stopped burning correctly). I will definitely check this out. Thanks ;)

That's what I use, really like it, been using since I ran the Windows 7 beta and Daemon Tools wasn't compatible

• 1 month later...