Why I Ditched Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120%

• 1 month later...

FYI, the latest DaemonTools also has the option to install without SPTD and thus withotu emulation, then you also avoid having to reboot during the install. and it works instantly.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to use Daemon Tools, but since I uninstalled it and started using this other tiny program instead.

It works great and I love the integration; however I was backing up some DVDs and using MAKE MKV, which didn't recognise the mounted image, so had to re-install Daemon. Not sure if it was Make MKV or the Drive mounter.

Just gave it a try on Windows 7.. installed fine, first time trying to mount an iso and it failed :(

Why install when there is a portable version ? The less you install the better Windows behaves.

Why install when there is a portable version ? The less you install the better Windows behaves.

Sadly thats true... The less you touch the registry the better windows behaves too

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Is it working on Windows 8?

rightclick a img or iso and select mount... it's built in at windows 8 so no need for those tools :p

rightclick a img or iso and select mount... it's built in at windows 8 so no need for those tools :p

Moved away from DT a long time ago and just stuck with poweriso for opening iso files and mounting. But yeah, I'm excited to see the implementation of native iso mounting in Win8. Just one less 3rd party program to install when we get the beta next week.

• 3 weeks later...