Battlefield: Bad Company 2

I just hope, for our sake, that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 retail keys can be activated on Steam (like these games). Also, there's already a 4-pack up for BioShock 2 on Steam. I think that's a good sign.

Yeah I would take that as a good sign, and it is a damn good savings as well there. Nice, I definitely hope this happens.

Okay so Spookie, as Anaron just said, we would have to pay the full price for the Steam version, which is hopefully the one we will be going with as that is the one rumored to have the Squad Pack.

So lets see what happens over the next few days, and if you can hold on to those potential beta keys for the three of us, I would say that would be appreciated, as we would have to pay for pre orders over here I am pretty sure. Hopefully they sort it out sooner than later.

Yeah I'm not fussed about coughing up early if I get a discount. :)

I've got two pre orders with game.co.uk and two with play at the moment. So I should have 3 keys spare with any luck.

I've got two pre orders with game.co.uk and two with play at the moment. So I should have 3 keys spare with any luck.

Sounds good. (Y)

And I am for sure hoping the pricing is similar to the Bioshock 2 4 Pack, because if it is, that means it will only cost us $33.75 each, which is a great deal for sure. :yes:

I'm actually happy to see so many people pumped about this game :p, me myself, I just need a break from FPS games which luckily Q1/Q2 2010 will bring (I still class ME2 as more of an action RPG).

Btw - has it been confirmed yet somewhere that game.co.uk actually got beta keys?

GAME are being unproductive as ever. They are sending out conflicting badly worded e-mails left right and center. They, apparently, won't be sending any out. Though an e-mail today says that they might send some out tomorrow for those who pre ordered from the 15th and before.

We'll see I guess.

Sounds good. (Y)

And I am for sure hoping the pricing is similar to the Bioshock 2 4 Pack, because if it is, that means it will only cost us $33.75 each, which is a great deal for sure. :yes:

Just for information, I don't mind sending the money to Larry to pay for any possible pre-order :)

Alright, it's settled then. We're all down to pre-order the game by sending the money to our pal DirtyLarry. I've got PayPal so let me know when and I'll send it out. See you on the [beta] battlefield. :p

Alright, it's settled then. We're all down to pre-order the game by sending the money to our pal DirtyLarry. I've got PayPal so let me know when and I'll send it out. See you on the [beta] battlefield. :p

Well dont we want to wait until we have a solid price, etc.? It looks like Spookie should have us covered with the Beta, so I say let's just wait it out and see what a price is, etc.

Honestly if they for whatever reason do not have a 4 pack, I still have no problem getting it for you guys through Steam if it saves you money, as Steam is easy as hell to gift stuff, but I really was most intrigued by the 4 pack as it saves me money as well. Especially since I already purchased it for the 360, the less I spend for the PC version the better. That, and I lose my job on February 12th, and right now I do not have a new one, so any money I can save is money I kind of have to save at this point.

Fingers crossed ye :F

If for whatever reason you do not have us all covered, give it to those guys first. Do not get me wrong, if I can be in it I would like to be, but it is not a deal breaker for me either way.

Well dont we want to wait until we have a solid price, etc.? It looks like Spookie should have us covered with the Beta, so I say let's just wait it out and see what a price is, etc.

Honestly if they for whatever reason do not have a 4 pack, I still have no problem getting it for you guys through Steam if it saves you money, as Steam is easy as hell to gift stuff, but I really was most intrigued by the 4 pack as it saves me money as well. Especially since I already purchased it for the 360, the less I spend for the PC version the better. That, and I lose my job on February 12th, and right now I do not have a new one, so any money I can save is money I kind of have to save at this point.

Ah, that's true. If it's like the BioShock 2 4-pack, then it'd be awesome. As you said, it'd cost us $33.75 USD each.

Looking forward to the Beta release of this game, looks to be a good fun game which I'm probably going to be picking up on release.

March is going to be 'the' month for game releases this year unless a ton of awesome games appear later on and are all released at the same time as well.

looks good, but what exactly is the difference with MW2

I'm just curious if you've looked through the thread and watched the videos in it. Because if you had the question would answer it self.

looks good, but what exactly is the difference with MW2

The fact that it looks far superior in every way?

Dedicated servers

MUCH more team based gameplay, and the gameplay is quite different from mw2 overall

Pretty much everything is destructable

vehicles

squads and squad based game modes

ect... ect...

I was just reading on the amazon forums that they seem to be completely ignoring questions on whether they are participating in the beta, and it looks like they may not, they just lost my business. Off to gamestop :p

I was just reading on the amazon forums that they seem to be completely ignoring questions on whether they are participating in the beta, and it looks like they may not, they just lost my business. Off to gamestop :p

I think ealier in this thread someone mentioned that gamestop wasnt participating either or something, nobody was

and it became a free public beta or something

not sure

I think ealier in this thread someone mentioned that gamestop wasnt participating either or something, nobody was

and it became a free public beta or something

not sure

The Gamestop website says you'll get beta access for pre ordering. It says on the BF:BC2 blog page as well.

Taken from here:

How To Get Access: Reserve Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the most sure fire way, but we are still working with some other Retailers & e-Tailers that wish to participate. If you're eager to ensure you get in the two confirmed distributors to Pre-Order are the EA Store, Amazon.de and at GameStop.com.

Also refer to this page if you're ordering from Gamestop:

http://www.gamestop.com/thedeal

I'm assuming they'll send out the emails with instructions on where to download and stuff on Monday probably. I had to cancel my order and re order it again because they didn't have that there when I first did it. It appears you have to do this if you want beta access when ordering from Gamestop. Oh yeah, and it also gets you free over night shipping, which is awesome.

Edited by trag3dy