How to install chipset, broadcom and wifi drivers on eMachine?

This is very strange... After I download the drivers from the eMachines website, there are no installers for the chipset LAN and wireless and wireless network drivers!

So I go directly to the Broadcom site and it's the same thing! No installers, no nothing! what is going on?!?!?!

Extract the files. Go to device manager, right-click device with exclamation mark, Properties, update driver, go to where you extracted the drivers.

If you tell us the model of the computer, operating system, chipset, wired/wireless models, we could be more helpful.

I can be more helpful without the model.

e-machine ? Throw the damned thing away

Its not worth the aggravation you already have.

You will feel better in the morning - the sun will shine bright, birds will sing, and you will love life even more.

If you keep it, God will kill a puppy

Then ask God to punish whoever bought that thing. ;)

A couple of years ago I had to do an XP re-install on a client's e-machine.

The weird thing was their model wasnt on the website, so I had to call e-machine CS and ask them about the drivers. They wanted to charge me $7.00 ... for the drivers !

From that day on I have a "No e-machines & No Compaq" rule.

ON TOPIC:

Honestly, I prefer to do the driver install the way mentioned above.

I use winRAR, rt. click on the .exe, extract the files to a folder, then tell Device Manager where to look for the driver. This way there are no extraneous software installed...just the driver.

problem fixed. AntiVir was blocking my installations.

On a side note, how exactly does one find out their chipset or graphics card from within the machine?

problem fixed. AntiVir was blocking my installations.

On a side note, how exactly does one find out their chipset or graphics card from within the machine?

I've never seen AntiVir block that either, but I just use the selected defaults.

It will generally have a number on the motherboard, but all the chips with have some numbering on them. Video cards are sometimes harder to tell. There are several utilities for finding that information in Windows.

http://cpuid.com had CPU-Z and PCWizard. Belarc Advisor is another. Sometimes they can't tell either, but they're helpful.