Is the Xbox 360 wireless network adapter worth the buy?

Look at this link man:

BT Home Hub as Xbox 360 WiFi Bridge

It works great and if you get a white one it looks great next to the Xbox 360 and the wires are easily hidden. Whatever some members might say? :rofl:

Imagine this without the phone on the front, theres a piece of white plastic to make it just a rounded box. It just sits next to your TV. I used one for months.

Oh and it was £5.

Hope it helps mate.

bt-home-hub.jpg

Try searching for a used Linksys wrt54g that you can flashed with a dd-wrt firmware and then use it as a wireless bridge. usually a used one goes for $25-$30...

If for some strange reason you can't hardwire your console, the official adapter works great (as far as wireless is concerned).

You should just do what I do and get a Powerline solution going, its the only way my PS3 will actually connect to the PSN! :)

I had to get the 360 wireless adapter. I've had no issues with it - game lag, etc. I can stream video from my PC (wireless) to the 360 (wireless) with ease. But the price is way too high. Found mine on eBay for $50.

I find mine incredibly useful, wired was great but I had to move my Xbox 360 in to another room where I hadn't run network cable too. If you have a reason to use the Wireless adapter go for it, but if you are happy with wired at the moment leave it as that.

In my previous home, I had to use wireless for my 360 as well. I went out and bought the adapter and it worked fine but I eventually gave it to a friend and used an Apple Airport Express. Much better bang for the buck, in my opinion. I already had an Airport Extreme so using it in Bridge mode was easy so I'm not sure about your current setup.

If you have to go with the 360 adapter, it works fine just outrageously priced.

If you HAVE to use wireless, get an official adapter on sale or used. They will cost about the same as a bridge that way and work much better. It clips onto the 360 and has a very short USB cable so it doesn't have a bunch of clutter and is controlled in the 360's network settings. If you can, use wired.

Like I said before, find a used Linksys WRT54G that you can load in dd-wrt firmware and use it as a wireless bridge. You can find it for less than $30 on craigslist.

I've used the Wireless Adapter for years and is one of the few Wireless products that has worked pretty much flawlessly the entire time, even with my former (and terrible) D-Link router that would always drop wireless connections with my laptops and frequently refuse connections with my PS3.

I use the wireless adapter with my 360. I've not had any problems with it works very well. The only thing i have against it is the price.

I didn't want to go down the extra router route because i just didn't want another thing i have to plug into the mains.

My flat mate got given one and it's simplicity is the best thing... yes it's over priced, which is why i use my laptop as a wireless bridge (and before the oh so vocal 'wired only' advocates pipe up, i CAN'T wire mine in), but it does just work!