Gundam Discussion Thread

I know, but the fact that they're trying to tie this one with the original story is what's lame about it. It's a cheap way for Bandai to make money, that's all I'm saying.

For anyone who is interested; Memory of Eden has been released in it's entirety with English subs.

For anyone who is interested; Memory of Eden has been released in it's entirety with English subs.

I watched it,nothing new.. it's just the Asemu/Zehart storyline put into 1 movie into 2 parts. lol. 

What else did you expect? They did say it was going to be exactly that with added scenes much like the SEED special editions :p I skimmed through it and it didn't seem worth watching if you've already watched the series. Too bad that by skimming through it, I noticed that they were out of their mobile suits more than in them.

What else did you expect? They did say it was going to be exactly that with added scenes much like the SEED special editions :p I skimmed through it and it didn't seem worth watching if you've already watched the series. Too bad that by skimming through it, I noticed that they were out of their mobile suits more than in them.

Heh, I thought it was something new. Didn't know it was just a stupid cash grab. 

Heh, I thought it was something new. Didn't know it was just a stupid cash grab.

I posted numerous times though that it was going to be a compilation, all the news posts said that as well :p Oh well, be glad you didn't pay for it!

it's sad because AGE had a lot of potential, it just felt rushed in a lot of areas and some of the characters weren't developed properly. at least that's how I feel about it anyway

I've read that it's the director who screwed it up and that if the director of "Memory of Eden" made all of it, the series would've been solid. For me that's not true though, because the character arts and whatnot still scream "childish" to me.

I've read that it's the director who screwed it up and that if the director of "Memory of Eden" made all of it, the series would've been solid. For me that's not true though, because the character arts and whatnot still scream "childish" to me.

idk, i didn't really mind the art style. it kinda reminded me of an updated version of the art style in the original series

it probably felt childish to you because it was actual children (not teenagers) as the main characters for a good portion of it

Really? Gundam Unicorn and Zeta Gundam: A New Translation both are series with an updated art style. Gundam AGE just looks completely different and has a style that you'd see in Pokemon/Digimon type series. Gundam AGE felt childish because of the character arts and how the characters were.

They were trying to attract new watchers with Gundam AGE, that's why they opted for the character styles that AGE had. And that's also why they opted for a simpler kind of overall art and story. And that is why I didn't like it. Even the first part of ZZ Gundam (which is hated by a lot of fans), which was more comedy (more comedy than you'll ever find in a Gundam series) than seriousness and therefore controversial, was loads better than Gundam AGE.

TL;DR: It wasn't their age, it was the character style/overall style and the simple story.

~

Everything...everything he said.

Age looked liked a show that could have had such sadistic plots in the story if it were to have such "grown up" character art. If Gundam doesn't have the feel of reality like some of our shoes like wing or 00 (despite the technology has nothing to do with us), it doesn't feel intense, it's more "yaaaaaaaay"-ish.

Well, they did aim it towards a new crowd so I get why they opted for the art direction. But for me the art direction just didn't fit within the Gundam Universe that was established so far.

I used to be so creative with designing my own Gundams when I was young, I wish I could just produce my own ideals and make it happen. I want mixture of Gundam 00 & Ghost in the Shell, where the fighting and technology are so strong and the human philosophy gets even more outstanding. Quantum.

How exactly would you even begin mixing Gundam with Ghost in the Shell? Both anime are completely different and have completely different meanings in their stories. There's not a single way to combine both if you ask me. There's nothing like human philosophy in Gundam to begin with. Ghost in the Shell is about how it to be an full-body cyborg and human at the same time.

Sorry, but I just can't wrap my head around wanting to combine both anime. Ghost in the Shell and Gundam just don't go well together and should be separate at all times because mixing them would ruin both. How could you make an anime that is about the line of being human and a machine and at the same time about kids fighting with huge robots in a war to try and find a way to stop the war.

You just want to combine them for the sake of combining them because you like both series. It doesn't seem like you're thinking about what both animes are trying to achieve with their stories. Mixing both is just impossible imo.

Also, the reason why New-Types and all the other version of it aren't front and center of Gundam is because it's a story element to keep it all mysterious and stuff. Putting that front and center in Gundam would ruin that aspect. It would ruin the fact that there are kids in the anime with special abilities and that those abilities aren't fully understood yet and therefore only some of the spacenoids have it. It just wouldn't be as interesting as it currently is in Universal Century. Before you know it they'd make everyone in a war a New-Type with their abilities at the fullest and then they'd start adding power levels to it like they do in Dragonball Z. Where's the fun in that?

There's just no logic in combining Ghost in the Shell with Gundam and putting New-Type stuff in Gundam front and center. I'm sorry for coming down hard on this but the fact is I'm passionate about both anime. Seeing a post with un-logical things about such anime just makes me feel that I want to debunk it all, lol.

Its Destroyer mode is so ugly but I must say that his Unicorn mode looks better. But it's still ugly though :p

Its Destroyer mode is so ugly but I must say that his Unicorn mode looks better. But it's still ugly though :p

As long as a model doesn't have any see throughs, it's good enough. :P

This is that one good thing about the Gundam Unicorn "Phenex" story that I talked about in post #1843:

Screenshot-on-2013-08-19-at-14.39.43.png

It's a heavily customized Bawoo and it looks bloody awesome.

Well, I'm happy again. They're not making the Phenex unit part of the original story, they're treating it as a Mobile Suit Variation.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...