Meet Firefox 4.0.1

What is the best stylish script for tabs in titlebar that works with beta 8?With mine the new tab button gets active only when i point in its bottom part,like just below the +.

/* Tab Fixes */

#navigator-toolbox[tabsontop=true] #nav-bar {

-moz-border-radius-topleft: 5px;

-moz-border-radius-topright: 5px;

}

#navigator-toolbox[tabsontop=true] #TabsToolbar

{ padding: 0px 110px 0 110px !important; }

#main-window[tabsontop=true]

{ margin-top: -22px !important; }

.tabbrowser-tab[fadein]:not([pinned])

{ max-width: 200px !important; }

/* Menu Bar Fixes */

#main-window[tabsontop=true] menubar

{ margin-left: 110px !important;

padding-top: 0px !important; }

/* Menu Button Fixes */

#appmenu-button dropmarker

{ margin: 0 1px 0 0 !important; }

#appmenu-button-container

{ position: fixed !important;

top: 0px !important; }

#main-window[sizemode=maximized][tabsontop=true] #appmenu-button-container

{ position: fixed !important;

margin: 6px 0px 4px 4px !important;

top: 2px !important; }

I haven't done any actual benchmarks, but personally, on both my OSX and Windows Machine, I find Beta 8 to be faster than the current Chrome 10 beta. It's running nicer and nicer with each update. :)

I haven't done any actual benchmarks, but personally, on both my OSX and Windows Machine, I find Beta 8 to be faster than the current Chrome 10 beta. It's running nicer and nicer with each update. :)

Let's hope firefox gets even faster!

Really hope they move the tabs into the title bar at some point in the future, after using Chrome it is probably the one thing I would want changed, such a waste of screen space on my Macbook.

Is there something wrong with the text rending or is this what it will be like in the final because I find it hard to use the way it is now as I find it to hard on my eyes?

man i am so sick of this firefox sync.

they remove the status bar in the latest builds, and there is no way of telling if firefox sync is running or not. i set it up to replace all data on this computer, and its been 30+ min and still nothing.

im gettin ready ot just scrap firefox sync and go with xmarks.

if you open the customization window, among the buttons you'll see the sync button. On windows 7 it animates while syncing, I don't know about other OS'es

I don't understand the addonbar at all. We shouldn't have to work so hard modifying it with stylish because it was only supposed to be big enough to fit the icons placed in it and expand or contract dynamically. Instead we have... a status bar with a different name? What was the point? Why is it so difficult to Mozilla to implement their mockups properly? The concept and graphics are done and then they refuse to implement them. I like Fx 4, but the addon bar is going to serve the same purpose as the status bar: to be completely hidden and never used.

I don't understand the addonbar at all. We shouldn't have to work so hard modifying it with stylish because it was only supposed to be big enough to fit the icons placed in it and expand or contract dynamically. Instead we have... a status bar with a different name? What was the point? Why is it so difficult to Mozilla to implement their mockups properly? The concept and graphics are done and then they refuse to implement them. I like Fx 4, but the addon bar is going to serve the same purpose as the status bar: to be completely hidden and never used.

There are still some GUI issues to fix yet, give it (sigh, more) time :)

I keep hearing people gloat about has fast it is, but how is the text rendering? Has it improved? I've tried beta 6 and 7 but couldn't stick with it because pages look like crap.

I've been having significant issues with speed since I downloaded FX4, is anyone else have any problems with it running slow? If not I suppose it could just be my computer, it just doesn't seem likely to me because all the other browsers work fine.

I keep hearing people gloat about has fast it is, but how is the text rendering? Has it improved? I've tried beta 6 and 7 but couldn't stick with it because pages look like crap.

I still don't think it's anything to write home about, but it seems as though it may have improved slightly from previous versions. Either that, or I've just become accustomed to it.

Anyone noticed that with beta 8 there is some black square background around some flash items that shouldn't be there?I think this has to do with asynchronous plugins or something like that.( i don't remember how it was called).

http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/B5/35/dee2e0c97942b535.png

http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/9C/33/6bbcc57a020e9c33.png

Yeah, it's because of async painting. It's actually a Flash issue, just uncovered by the changes (before Firefox worked out the alpha channel by itself, now it's using the one Flash provides, which turns out to be wrong in some cases)

It's still using DirectWrite, so unless Microsoft have changed it it'll be the same.

Left clicking the mouse and then the middle mouse button, no longer opens the last closed tab. Anyone else encounter this problem? Am using beta 8.

Left clicking on what?

I know that middle clicking on the tab bar hasn't reopened the last tab for a while now.