Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Setting this value to 2200 and afterwards adjusting cleartype to the strongest text made my Firefox fonts look so much better. Using Calibri 16 in Firefox.

I have 2000 by default :blink: Might be related to me using GDI++ Firefox looks okay by now but without DirectWrite still better :s

Thank you. browser.warnOnQuit;true did the trick.I wonder why mozilla decided to make the default not to ask to save tabs on exit???This is one of the best features i use in FF.I even use a session store addon on my chrome which is far from what i want, but still can get my tabs after exit.

It saves them - check your options, the first one on the General tab, under Startup. Mine says 'Show my windows and tabs from last time'.

I believe it was removed as just being a slightly useless extra dialog (certainly I never chose 'no, don't save' when I closed it).

Thanks for the about:config code! Unfortunately the code works but the extensions don't all the time. I tried to do a restore of passwords and cookies via FEBE but nothing happens.

Ah well.

That is something completely different and it ALWAYS shows you your last tabs(and i don't want it to always reopen my last tabs).

How is it completely different? As far as I can tell the only difference now is that it doesn't ask you each time (which is likely because people very rarely change their choice).

Beta 10 is more bug fixes. I can't imagine any new features this late in the game, it's going to be bug fixes here on out including beta 11,RC.

Has the way Firefox stores the browser cache changed in beta 9/10? I've been experiencing this problem where when I run a PC cleanup tool such as CCleaner, it doesn't pick up any of the cache files from firefox. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Not liking the new Ctrl + Shift + E shortcut for Panorama so much. Just found out Ctrl + Shift + W closes the whole browser. :/

At least it made me finally change the option to automatically restore tabs.

Also, can't wait for the startup improvements. My cold starts had improved a lot before beta 9, but now I'm back to around 20 seconds cold start. I'm thinking the pre-loading will help me out a lot because a warm start only takes about 1.5 seconds for me with an old, loaded profile.

Not liking the new Ctrl + Shift + E shortcut for Panorama so much. Just found out Ctrl + Shift + W closes the whole browser. :/

Not liking it because it changed from the original version, or something else?

(You will always have to deal with things changing within beta.)

I didn't like that I accidentally closed Firefox a couple of times by hitting W instead of E. Funny thing is that the shortcut was changed because people were accidentally opening Panorama.

It's no big deal to me, though, since I can get everything back pretty easily.

In beta 9, is anyone else having a problem where choosing "Undo Close Tab" in the tab bar options will open it in the first tab candy group instead of the one that is currently open?

I closed a tab in a tab group today, clicked the Undo option, and it reappeared in the first tab group and switched me to it. Not a major issue I guess, but confusing as hell :/

In beta 9, is anyone else having a problem where choosing "Undo Close Tab" in the tab bar options will open it in the first tab candy group instead of the one that is currently open?

I closed a tab in a tab group today, clicked the Undo option, and it reappeared in the first tab group and switched me to it. Not a major issue I guess, but confusing as hell :/

I don't remember exactly what that glitch was filed under, but I do remember encountering it very often. Anyway, I use the nightlies, and it has been fixed since then.

• Like 1

I just gave up on FireFox and switched to Chrome. The beta uses WAY too much RAM.

I've had Chrome installed and used it from time to time, but it is now my default.

Sorry Mozilla, it was a good run. Hopefully they improve so I can switch back.