Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Replying to a post to how Firefox plan to speed up their release times, directly talking about Chrome's faster release cycle, you're saying it's hilarious how slow they will be? Are you from the future?

You just saw what you wanted to see. I was just trying to mock Chrome's unnecessary bumping up version numbers. A new version number every six weeks? If an application is version 10.0 and the other is 5.0, IMO it doesn't mean anything.

You just saw what you wanted to see. I was just trying to mock Chrome's unnecessary bumping up version numbers. A new version number every six weeks? If an application is version 10.0 and the other is 5.0, IMO it doesn't mean anything.

Fair enough, I just interpreted it the other way around :p Agreed, version numbers don't inherently mean a lot.

I assume the majority of people (myself included) don't drag windows all that much. Besides, to use aero snap just use the keyboard shortcuts (much easier):

Windows key (held down) + up arrow = maximise

Windows key (held down) + down arrow = minimise

Windows key (held down) + left arrow = snap to left side of screen

Windows key (held down) + right arrow = snap to right side of screen

Real keyboards don't have Windows keys. :p

Yep :)

Also, it looks like they gave in and decided to add an overlay in the bottom-left corner, Chrome style, for status messages.

Bugzilla

Finally. Putting it in the address bar was retarded.

Beta 10 is in the /releases/ folder on the Mozilla ftp server now.

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/4.0b10/

The font rendering looks a little better but the browser is still noticeably slow. I'm a long-time user of Chrome so I guess I'm accustomed to using a fast browser. The UI changes and other features make it a browser worth using.

While it was fine in the beginning, Beta 9 seems to get slower and slower when there is flash content on the page, I get a lot of complete freezes now.

beta 10 is the same as beta 10 build 1 btw.

Do we know when is Beta 10 going to arrive?

I know it's really trivial, but the blue line underneath the active tab is annoying me. It wasn't there before.

firefoxtab.jpg

Other than that I haven't noticed really noticed any difference to beta 9. Like Anaron has said, it's still noticeably slow compared to Chrome.

While it was fine in the beginning, Beta 9 seems to get slower and slower when there is flash content on the page, I get a lot of complete freezes now.

Do we know when is Beta 10 going to arrive?

See a few posts above yours - it has arrived: http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/4.0b10/

Why was it retarded? I don't really have an opinion on the matter, but I am curious as to what the pro-s and cons supposedly are.

Years and years of being used to a status bar/links being shown in a status bar.

It's quite a large behavioural change.

You can understand Google hiding the status bar until it needs to show something, but completely changing the status bar to show in the address bar is far different.

I know it's really trivial, but the blue line underneath the active tab is annoying me. It wasn't there before.

firefoxtab.jpg

Other than that I haven't noticed really noticed any difference to beta 9. Like Anaron has said, it's still noticeably slow compared to Chrome.

Don't have that line on the nightly.

firefoxtab.jpg

It's a Tab Mix Plus bug, wait for a update :cool: