Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Does Firefox 4 store any cache files anymore? Whenever I run CCleaner to clear my browser cache in firefox 4 beta 10, it doesn't find any files that need to be deleted.

Stop spamming the thread with this question!!!!!!!!I don't know if Firefox made changes to the way it stores the cache.Maybe CCleaner is not compatible with Firefox 4,i don't know.And why do you need a third party program to clear browser cache????????????????????

You can always clear Firefox cache from here:

post-351666-0-86259700-1295990657.png

Stop spamming the thread with this question!!!!!!!!I don't know if Firefox made changes to the way it stores the cache.Maybe CCleaner is not compatible with Firefox 4,i don't know.And why do you need a third party program to clear browser cache????????????????????

You can always clear Firefox cache from here:

obviously he doesn't need ccleaner to do only this. But since it does also this while cleaning the whole system, why not?

Oh, haha, nevermind.

Neowin doesn't seem to take me to the last unread post any more and just takes me randomly somewhere between what I last read and the end of the topic so I usually miss a bunch of posts.

Heh, I randomly get taken to the very last post...but it only happens with this thread. :wacko:

Does Firefox 4 store any cache files anymore? Whenever I run CCleaner to clear my browser cache in firefox 4 beta 10, it doesn't find any files that need to be deleted.

CCleaner v3.03 was released today. It's supposed to improve FF cache cleaning. Here's the change list.

Release notes:

• Added K-Meleon browser support.
  • Added Rockmelt browser support.
  • Added Chrome Plus browser support.
  • Added Saved Password cleaning for all browsers.
  • Added cleaning for multiple profiles in Google Chrome.
  • Added Recent Search History cleaning for Safari.
  • Added cleaning for Adobe Acrobat 9.0 and 10.0, Shockwave 10 and 11, Daemon Tools, Compare It! and Microsoft Search Helper Extension.
  • Improved Autocomplete Form History cleaning for IE9.
  • Improved Saved Form Information cleaning for Chromium based browsers.
  • Improved Internet History cleaning for Opera.
  • Improved Internet Cache cleaning for Firefox.
  • Improved cleaning for Silverlight and Adobe Reader.
  • Improved Office 2003 and XP to prevent removal of autocorrect settings.
  • Added more Windows MRU cleaning rules.
  • Added Belarusian translation.
  • Minor UI tweaks and fixes.

I've installed the newest version on CCleaner, & done a clean install of beta 10, but it hasn't detected any of firefox's cache files. Just seeing if anyone else is experiencing the problem.

Years and years of being used to a status bar/links being shown in a status bar.

It's quite a large behavioural change.

You can understand Google hiding the status bar until it needs to show something, but completely changing the status bar to show in the address bar is far different.

The address is still going to be in the address bar, that bug is only about showing Connecting/Waiting/Loading messages.

Did you browse with the browser first so you get some cache to be saved?From your post i understand that you installed CCleaner and did fresh install FF beta 10 and run CCleaner right after that.Is that correct?iDoes it say how much space is your cache using like in the screenshot i posted few post above?

Did you browse with the browser first so you get some cache to be saved?From your post i understand that you installed CCleaner and did fresh install FF beta 10 and run CCleaner right after that.Is that correct?iDoes it say how much space is your cache using like in the screenshot i posted few post above?

I usually run CCleaner once or twice a day, after using firefox for a few hours. In the list of files that need to be cleaned, it doesn't mention any firefox cache files. I started noticing this problem in beta 10.

are you sure ?

in here the ram usage gets lower from beta to beta

beta 10 is now eats only 150 instead of 200+ in beta 9

anyone see this high ram usage

Well I don't know what it is, I even started FF Beta 10 in safe mode and it instantly balloons to 300-500MB RAM used. I don't know what it is, but after using it for a day it is up to 1GB. Does it notice my system has lots of RAM (8GB) and decide to just fill it with junk cache or what?

EDIT: I made a new profile and it uses significantly less RAM. Around 60MB on start. Really annoying. How do I fix this?

EDIT 2: After installing all my extensions and having my usual tabs open, FF is still using a lot of RAM. Not as much as before, but more than I would like still.

Well I don't know what it is, I even started FF Beta 10 in safe mode and it instantly balloons to 300-500MB RAM used. I don't know what it is, but after using it for a day it is up to 1GB. Does it notice my system has lots of RAM (8GB) and decide to just fill it with junk cache or what?

EDIT: I made a new profile and it uses significantly less RAM. Around 60MB on start. Really annoying. How do I fix this?

EDIT 2: After installing all my extensions and having my usual tabs open, FF is still using a lot of RAM. Not as much as before, but more than I would like still.

Try an uninstall (Keep your custom data though).

I cant read my facebook messages with latest nightly , anyone else?

edit : sorry for being late on renaming the thread , had to attend some family function

i heard the plan now is beta 11, beta 12 and than rc

i doubt we will see final in february now :pinch:

Hmm...I haven't heard anything about a beta 12. Got a link?

Beta 11 is scheduled for next week, so final in February should still be possible.

I cant read my facebook messages with latest nightly , anyone else?

A lot of people have been reporting problems with Facebook with the latest nightly. I haven't been on there today, myself.

Still damn sluggish when you resize the window and everything in it...I don't know how they are going to final this by end of feb and hope for a sucess....I think I'm sticking to 3.6 for a very long time.

Still damn sluggish when you resize the window and everything in it...I don't know how they are going to final this by end of feb and hope for a sucess....I think I'm sticking to 3.6 for a very long time.

The entire UI is very sluggish and I'm not sure they even care. Unfortunately the entire backend needs to be rewritten, or intensively optimized or that will never change. :(

FF4 has massive issues with (at least on my two PCs)

1. Rendering performance, easily seen while scrolling with arrow keys.

2. Performance regarding Animated GIFs

These issues are not hard blockers

Tried beta 10 still don't like it I am not exactly sure what it is but it still don't feel right and the text rendering still awful IMO. I will stick with 3.6 for now. Not sure what browser I should use when 3.6 is outdated.

Tried beta 10 still don't like it I am not exactly sure what it is but it still don't feel right and the text rendering still awful IMO. I will stick with 3.6 for now. Not sure what browser I should use when 3.6 is outdated.

Just disable hardware acceleration in the options if you wish to use cleartype.

The issue with the slow performance on resize is because resizing the window throws away the hardware resources, and it needs to re-upload them to the GPU.

Hell, MS's own example apps for Direct2D suffer from the same issue (recreating render targets on every resize)

The issue with the slow performance on resize is because resizing the window throws away the hardware resources, and it needs to re-upload them to the GPU.

Hell, MS's own example apps for Direct2D suffer from the same issue (recreating render targets on every resize)

Damn, I wish 3.7 was prioritized and Hardware Accelerating was off the list in the beginning. H.A is not obviously not ready for prime time. Now Mozilla is losing its core user-base and chasing away new ones. I hope this somewhat new CEO does a reality check soon for Mozilla. Because they are **cking up resource management big time.

At this rate, I think H.A should be disabled by default when final hits. Until they find a way to only enable H.A on <canvas> and <video> element.

Beta 11 is scheduled for next week, so final in February should still be possible.

There will be a beta 12 only if they can't squash enough bugs by whenever they call it.

http://christian.legnitto.com/blog/2011/01/25/updated-firefox-4-beta-plan/

A lot of people have been reporting problems with Facebook with the latest nightly. I haven't been on there today, myself.

I can confirm there's something wrong with the latest nightly and facebook. I can't even open the chat box.