Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Most complaints about firefox 4 aren't about page rendering speed, but rather the responsiveness of the gui.

The GUI is very responsive on my system. There's no lag in animations, tabs switch instantly, menus pop up right away, and it even scrolls more smoothly than Chrome for me these days. I'm using a profile that's over 2 years old (history never been cleared) and the AwesomeBar results show up while I'm still lifting my finger away from the last key I typed. For a lot of people this doesn't seem to be the case. :/

How come there are more bugs that need to be fixed for beta 11 (135 bugs), than the list of hard blockers that need to be fixed for the RC (86 bugs)?

That beta 11 list includes soft blockers, which appears to be what the majority of that list consists of.

Because hard blockers MUST be fixed before release,and the other bugs (soft blockers) may fall back for next 4.x or later version as an minor update like 3.6->3.6.1->3.6.2 and so on.I read this in an article which someone posted a link to some pages back.

Anybody noticed if scrolling with Autopager keeps breaking every time the "loading next page" message appears? The fact that I have to keep "clicking" on the page content to regain focus it's really annoying and breaks the whole purpose of autopager.

Anybody noticed if scrolling with Autopager keeps breaking every time the "loading next page" message appears? The fact that I have to keep "clicking" on the page content to regain focus it's really annoying and breaks the whole purpose of autopager.

I guess the addon needs updating?

I guess the addon needs updating?

So I guess. But it works perfectly in Firefox v3.6 and in Chrome.

edit.

I checked the Autopager forums, and there was already a fix for that. It works fine now.

So I guess. But it works perfectly in Firefox v3.6 and in Chrome.

Firefox 4 is not Fx 3.6 or Chrome. I don't think it's surprising that some changes may be needed - just ensure you keep it up to date. Perhaps a later beta will fix it, perhaps the author will.

Firefox 4 is not Fx 3.6 or Chrome. I don't think it's surprising that some changes may be needed - just ensure you keep it up to date. Perhaps a later beta will fix it, perhaps the author will.

Thanks for the replies man. And you're right. There was already a fix for this in their forums. Sorry for the dumb reports. :unsure:

Thanks for the replies man. And you're right. There was already a fix for this in their forums. Sorry for the dumb reports. :unsure:

Glad to here there's already a fix! :)

Hey, just installed beta 10 and using a completely clean new profile, but get this; anyone have any ideas?

The lines across the screen? Working fine here (tested the same window). Graphics drivers up to date?

I assume you've not changed anything in about:config (though it is open). You also have a custom Windows theme, tho I don't know if that might affect it.

I'm going to make a prediction that when they push out 4.0 to the general public, it's not going to be very well excepted. I can already see my customers being completely lost when they install this update. It's only a few beta versions away from release and every time I test it I want to run back to firefox 3.6. The new 4.0 UI is horrible just doesn't feel right..

Maybe I would feel more at home if the roboform toobar v6 would get updated so it supported firefox 4.0 b10.

Currently testing out lastpass as a replacement and it feel very unfriendly in comparison to roboform.

Also does firefox not support horizontal toobars anymore? lasspass is just a stupid icon next to the feeback button and now roboform is appearing in the top left "looks broken" but also feels like they are turning roboform into a button too.

• Like 2

The lines across the screen? Working fine here (tested the same window). Graphics drivers up to date?

I assume you've not changed anything in about:config (though it is open). You also have a custom Windows theme, tho I don't know if that might affect it.

Yeah, January AMD drivers and new profile, just checking about:config if there was any non standard entries, which there wasn't. Never had a problem with this Windows theme, but I'll have a look. and doesn't make a difference with Aero default. Cheers.

Maybe some of your adddons are causing that - are they all compatible with Firefox 4 ? (noticed some old dates )

check Firefox button > Help > run with disabled addons

Thanks but no addons installed, (apart from the feedback button)

I certainly hope they improve the performance for the final release. Right now, it doesn't feel "fast" (let alone fast enough to match Chrome or Opera).

• Like 2

I'm going to make a prediction that when they push out 4.0 to the general public, it's not going to be very well excepted. I can already see my customers being completely lost when they install this update. It's only a few beta versions away from release and every time I test it I want to run back to firefox 3.6. The new 4.0 UI is horrible just doesn't feel right..

Maybe I would feel more at home if the roboform toobar v6 would get updated so it supported firefox 4.0 b10.

Currently testing out lastpass as a replacement and it feel very unfriendly in comparison to roboform.

Also does firefox not support horizontal toobars anymore? lasspass is just a stupid icon next to the feeback button and now roboform is appearing in the top left "looks broken" but also feels like they are turning roboform into a button too.

You can turn the lastpass button into a toolbar I do it all the time! If you don't like that there is always Sticky Password! With no buttons or toolbars!

You can turn the lastpass button into a toolbar I do it all the time! If you don't like that there is always Sticky Password! With no buttons or toolbars!

How do you do it?

How do you do it?

Preferences > General > Appearance > *Uncheck* "Use Compact Toolbar".

I don't know how to get it to move under the navbar or bookmarks bar though... The way it moves right under the tabs needs to be changed for Firefox 4...

So I quit using firefox when Chrome got better, but wanted to give this one a shot and I like it. It's much better than past versions, and the cold boot loading time is MUCH faster for me on Windows 7 x32 bit.

I don't know what I think just that I am staying with Firefox 3.6 for about a few months as my main browser after Firefox 4 final is released to give add-on developers to upgrade to Firefox 4 if they haven't already.

I certainly hope they improve the performance for the final release. Right now, it doesn't feel "fast" (let alone fast enough to match Chrome or Opera).

Fast in terms of What? Start up? Page Rendering?