Meet Firefox 4.0.1

- how do I make search results open in a new tab and not in the current tab.

- If I suspect a link in a website, I always hover over the link and see the real link in the statusbar in the older versions. Where is this?

1. ALT+Enter.

2. In the address bar.

xan K's screenshot looks slightly resized to me. Pressing alt to get the toolbar has better text for me than that (on beta 10).

Yep, for some reason, the screenshot turned out uglier than the real thing.

I'm not that thrilled with the tabs being at the top, but the DirectWrite functionality is interesting. I hope Firefox can still perform well on lower end machines with the changes they've made. Firefox seems to be lagging behind in this regard when compared to the WebKit browsers.

- With tightly packed menus, it has made Aero Snap impossible. I had always draged to de-maximize. It's possble butI have to contentrate on finding free space on the tabbar like the bit under the orange home menu button.

Couple ways to add drag space, first option is to stop tabs from going to tittle bar by going to about:config and changing browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar to false.

Alternatively, you can go to customize and add a bunch of "spaces" to the right side of tab bar, this will leave a gap between the tabs and list all tabs/group tabs buttons that can be used to drag the window.

I'm not that thrilled with the tabs being at the top, but the DirectWrite functionality is interesting. I hope Firefox can still perform well on lower end machines with the changes they've made. Firefox seems to be lagging behind in this regard when compared to the WebKit browsers.

Horrible performance here, since early Betas.

Does anyone know if there is a bug filed to fix the drop-down arrow next to the bookmarks button? Really want it to look like the mock-ups.

Firefox-4-Mockup-i06-%28Win7%29-%28Aero%29-%28TabsTop%29.png

Fix as in to remove? There are two versions of the bookmarks button, from what I've seen.

Does anyone know if there is a bug filed to fix the drop-down arrow next to the bookmarks button? Really want it to look like the mock-ups.

I don't know of a bug number, but all dropdown arrows need an update - the one in the address bar, and on various toolbar buttons (bookmarks, feedback, firebug, etc.). It's certainly known, might just be a late landing.

Currently they're smaller than they should be.

Horrible performance here, since early Betas.

In what way?

@Udedenkz: Great performance here since i started using it from beta 7 till now.

Yep, it's performing good.

BTW, the new keyboard shortcut for "Add-on Bar" has landed (Crt+/). I was gonna file a request for this but recently discovered it was in the works. Good job Mozilla.

That reply was to the comment wandering about performance on "lower end machines"

If you guys have good performance (mainly of relation to scrolling with arrow keys compared to all other competitors) on machines of equivalence to Atom N270 netbook (preferably without D2D capabilities as that obscures the issue), please do post your specs and OS here.

That reply was to the comment wandering about performance on "lower end machines"

If you guys have good performance (mainly of relation to scrolling with arrow keys compared to all other competitors) on machines of equivalence to Atom N270 netbook (preferably without D2D capabilities as that obscures the issue), please do post your specs and OS here.

Well, that changes things. As I have noted before, FF 4.0 performs badly in my Asus 1005HA (Atom N280 based) Netbook. It takes long to start, to scroll and to use the awesome bar. FF 3.6 definitely performs better for my netbook, dunno why.

Well, that changes things. As I have noted before, FF 4.0 performs badly in my Asus 1005HA (Atom N280 based) Netbook. It takes long to start, to scroll and to use the awesome bar. FF 3.6 definitely performs better for my netbook, dunno why.

Hmmm, startup time seems OK to me : 3.6-ish territory.

Did you already post this in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=595400 ?

Say I have an apptab selected, and I press ctrl+l, type in something to bring up the desired bookmark, and then press enter. The app tab itself will then navigate to the new site, even if it's from google reader to microsoft.com. Is this normal, or wasn't a new tab supposed to open?

EDIT:

Nevermind.

I don't know of a bug number, but all dropdown arrows need an update - the one in the address bar, and on various toolbar buttons (bookmarks, feedback, firebug, etc.). It's certainly known, might just be a late landing.

Currently they're smaller than they should be.

In what way?

Looks like I found the bug...

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=609107