Meet Firefox 4.0.1

What did you Switch to?

Google Chrome. Safari wasn't for me because I can't sync bookmarks for free between Windows and Mac OS X version. Opera on the other hand has some compatibility problems with some websites I often visit and it still doesn't have an AdBlock extensions with list subscription support.

Google Chrome. Safari wasn't for me because I can't sync bookmarks for free between Windows and Mac OS X version. Opera on the other hand has some compatibility problems with some websites I often visit and it still doesn't have an AdBlock extensions with list subscription support.

You can always use Xmarks for synchronizing bookmarks and LastPass for paswords.

I don't use beta software no matter how stable it might be.

Strange , how does it matter? The last RC will be the final version , so why care about the "label" ?

well i don't like the fact that chrome doesn't delete history when closes like firefox can. if someone knows a way to make chrome do the same i would gladly switch over.

well i don't like the fact that chrome doesn't delete history when closes like firefox can. if someone knows a way to make chrome do the same i would gladly switch over.

I think Click&Clean Extension does that

i guess another reason i wont update to the beta is because they keep making UI changes even tho its feature complete. are there any more cosmic changes coming in beta 11, 12, and rc? or is it just bug and crash fixes from here on out?

16 beta N blockers left now and 2 more ready to land.. maybe the final wont be delayed too much now :)

Where do you see that there are 16 blockers left? I'm looking here, and I see 78 blockers left. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Does anyone know if fonts are still be affected with the nightlies even if you have hardware acceleration turned off? I'm on http://espn.go.com/ and when I go over a tab let's say in the black background menu and scroll over "NFL" I notice all of the other links such as "MLB" right next to it get noticeably thinner and look odd. Wondering if there is anything to do to fix this? Do not have this problem in Firefox v3.x or Chrome.

Here they are for those who are interested,

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=blocking2%3Abeta%2Cfinal%20sw%3Ahard

After updating to the latest nightly (02-06-11) gifs and flash make the browser too slow, using Chrome for now :/

There hasn't been any work on GIF performance as far as I can see considering I filed the bug on that.

There is some Flash performance related stuff that should be landing soon, or at least it should fix black boxed around some flash objects. :/

Has anyone seen the latest update to the Firefox Roadmap? Looks like we could be getting versions 5, 6 & 7, all sometime this year.

Firefox 5

Account Manager

Simple Sharing UI

UI Animation

64 Bit on Windows

...anything that improves responsiveness and is ready

...anything that improves stability and is ready

...anything that polishes the user interface and is ready

...anything else serving product priorities and is ready

Firefox 6

Web Applications

FasterCache

OSX 10.7

JS Optimizations

Firefox 7

e10s? deXBLification?

Well they said that after FF 4 is officially released they are moving to a shorter release cycle(like chrome or something if i remember right).I think that all the "release it already plsssssssss" ppl will be pleased by this.

Is that the actual beta 11 release? Bah, if it ships in the next few days, I'll just wait.

I believe it is exactly the same. So if you really anxious, you could use it. From your "drats" post I assumed you really wanted it now :)