Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Beta 12 fixes the non-showing of user reviews on several popular retail sites. Been using it since 4th Feb and haven't noticed any problems but fonts still look a bit better without hardware acceleration.

beta 11 is out:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/4.0b11/win32/en-US/Firefox Setup 4.0 Beta 11.exe

please change topic title mods.

Done.

the website hasn't been updated yet, the downloads go on their ftp 1st.

Yes I know that

@yowan-you did see the image I posted. Their website was not updated yet and it also was not when Neobond posted the release. At the time of his post, anyone running Beta 10 would not have been able to update automatically. Also most users are not even aware of the ftp site.

With today's nightly "browser.warnOnQuit" is again true by default, but i don't get the warning on exit(true or false-no change).How do i bring it back?I really want to get that warning.I don't like the option to open tabs and windows from last time.

As of beta 11 I still cannot navigate to a web page through means outside my favorites or search. In other words if I try to use the URL bar's history and click one of the results nothing happens. I cannot actually get it to bloody go to that address no matter what I try. It just sits with the URL in the bar going nowhere. There is no way to close a tab. There is no icon on a tab that has an open web site loaded. Oh and the forward and back buttons don't do squat. Hell it actually opened with two new tab buttons neither of which actually open a new tab. I'll stick with 3.6 for now.

Mark my words there will be at least two more betas, the development team doesnt seem to be in a rush to release Firefox 4. At this pace IE 9 will RTM first.

Mark my words there will be at least two more betas, the development team doesnt seem to be in a rush to release Firefox 4. At this pace IE 9 will RTM first.

FF4 will be out be the end of this month

IE9 will only still be in RC at this time

Whats the point of releasing a browser full of bugs, at this stage Mozilla has already fixed thousands of bugs which took so much time

The new theme still isn't done yet at this stage? Wow.

It's getting better, but it looks like they are waiting until the RC or even final build to finish the UI.

Why on some computers I own back and forward buttons are both rectangular and on others they are like in the promo screens and in minefield? Not that i don't like it since it takes a little less space compared to the big one back button, but just asking :D

2ele69i.jpg

Why on some computers I own back and forward buttons are both rectangular and on others they are like in the promo screens and in minefield? Not that i don't like it since it takes a little less space compared to the big one back button, but just asking :D

2ele69i.jpg

Because you have small icons enabled. Right click toolbar > Customize > Use small icons.

FF4 will be out be the end of this month

IE9 will only still be in RC at this time

Whats the point of releasing a browser full of bugs, at this stage Mozilla has already fixed thousands of bugs which took so much time

I think the RC of FF4 will be out by the end of the month but not the final since we still have to wait for beta 12 and that wont be till next week than there is RC the week of the 21st which means the final would have to come out on the 28th otherwise its early march.

How do i make it to ask to save my tabs on exit(like in FF 3.6)??? browser.warnOnQuit is set to true,but after today's nightly it doesn't ask me anymore.How do i make it ask me to save on exit again?

How do i make it to ask to save my tabs on exit(like in FF 3.6)??? browser.warnOnQuit is set to true,but after today's nightly it doesn't ask me anymore.How do i make it ask me to save on exit again?

It automatically saves your tabs when you close the browser. Or it's supposed to anyway.

There was a way to enable the warning dialog again, but I forgot how. Someone else would have to answer that one.