Meet Firefox 4.0.1

How do you know which ones have a patch? Is it that some are black, & some are red?

i went to them individually :|

btw , red ones are critical , others are normal/major etc

wtf is THIS ! THEY CHANGED EVERYTHING TO RC AND BETA 12 is STILL NOT OUT!?

There's also Are we Pretty Yet?, which deals with UI ideas and such (and there's a few Firefox 5 ideas up on the site now too)

One that looks interesting is http://areweprettyyet.com/5/desktopApps/ and there's also this for search boxes, http://areweprettyyet.com/5/searchBar/

that was posted here pages back, and its in the first page also :) But FF5 is new :D

It looks like they've made beta 11 into an RC as that's what is shown in the link to download it.

no , i think they are just preparing their site for RC , coz beta 12 is yet to be out and what about the change of nightly builds to prerc or something like that?

no , i think they are just preparing their site for RC , coz beta 12 is yet to be out and what about the change of nightly builds to prerc or something like that?

So why point the download link to beta 11 in the meantime? It's just encouraging confusion.

So why point the download link to beta 11 in the meantime? It's just encouraging confusion.

while beta 12 is still not out , i think its just to convince us that rc is nearby

Is anyone having really high Memory useage with this build ... i've got the final version of flash 10.2 , few extensions like Xmark and Lastpass that work with Beta 11 and after a while memory usage goes from the mid 100mb range to over 300+ , i've actually caught it using over 500 before.

i am wondering what would happen to this thread? Should it be renamed to firefox 5 later on?

I'd suggest starting a new thread for Firefox 5.

A new thread would be better, if just for the fact that the first 5,000+ posts or so wouldn't be about another version.

And yeah, there has been a memory regression recently, the last 2 time I've woken up I've found Firefox using 1.05-1.08GB of RAM (OS X)

I always wondered one thing about Firefox is it ok to use the portable version as your default on your main desktop, even if you may not need to take your browser with you much ? Is there any disadvantages ? Is it slower, has less features, not upgradeable easily from help check for updates, or what ?

I always wondered one thing about Firefox is it ok to use the portable version as your default on your main desktop, even if you may not need to take your browser with you much ? Is there any disadvantages ? Is it slower, has less features, not upgradeable easily from help check for updates, or what ?

u have this "Firefoxportable.exe" file running , and rest is same

u have this "Firefoxportable.exe" file running , and rest is same

So there is no speed disadvantages, features I won't have, I will be able to have firefox portable upgrade like it does normally with the normal version of Firefox ?

Firefox Portable disables the cache, bookmarks, history, etc. by default, since it's designed to run from a flash drive.

Edit: For good reason too, enabling bookmarks/history makes the startup time bloat out to like 15 minutes.

381tm.jpg

this is firefox b11 with ad block and flash after some heavy usage I normally have to close it after 24hours as it starts to go abit crazy and my system never fully recovers the memory.

381tm.jpg

this is firefox b11 with ad block and flash after some heavy usage I normally have to close it after 24hours as it starts to go abit crazy and my system never fully recovers the memory.

Do you only have ad-block as an installed add-on? I know for me, I also experience the heavy CPU usage. But if I disable all my add-ons, it's fine.

Do you only have ad-block as an installed add-on? I know for me, I also experience the heavy CPU usage. But if I disable all my add-ons, it's fine.

adblock plus and stylish 1.1b5, iv had the browser fresh with no plug ins and still after 24hours it runs like crap its not a massive issue it just means I have to use the save all tabs alot more as I can't trust the browser to be stable after been away a few days.

also this is all in ff4, ff3.6 I could leave for days on end with no problems and alot more plug ins than I use now.