Meet Firefox 4.0.1

adblock plus and stylish 1.1b5, iv had the browser fresh with no plug ins and still after 24hours it runs like crap its not a massive issue it just means I have to use the save all tabs alot more as I can't trust the browser to be stable after been away a few days.

also this is all in ff4, ff3.6 I could leave for days on end with no problems and alot more plug ins than I use now.

So just no plugins as in Flash right ? What about no add-ons ?

So just no plugins as in Flash right ? What about no add-ons ?

sorry I meant no add-ons and yes also no flash plug in, I honestly think its the browser not any add-ons or plug ins as I get hign mem usage and problems after prolonged use with just a clean install.

sorry I meant no add-ons and yes also no flash plug in, I honestly think its the browser not any add-ons or plug ins as I get hign mem usage and problems after prolonged use with just a clean install.

I will try testing this for Firefox 4 Beta but sense it is a Beta it could all change once the Final is released. Have done extensive tests with Firefox 3.6 before trying to figure this out and it all lead back to not being the browser. The problem was I could never determine the exact cause. I use to think it was the Firefox browser as well but my findings have been otherwise.

i just noticed that the minefield/firefox button no longer goes transparent when the window is inactive anymore

when did they remove that again and why? i thought it was a nice little feature

DesGaiZu this is a good site to check what others are saying about memory usage.

http://input.mozilla.com/en-US/beta/search?q=memory&product=firefox&version&date_start&date_end&sentiment=sad

wow looks like a lot of people are unhappy, I personally don't mind it using a lot of ram its the fact I can't leave it open for long hours.

try using it for a while close and open a decent amount of tabs, then leave it minimized for over 12hours then maximize it with a few tabs you left it open with for me on my machine (which is a fresh install of 7 x64 sp1) and a few test machines all w7 firefox will be unstable and using a big chunk of mem it often even crashes the desktop and has twice crashed the nvidia display drivers (which iv never even seen crash playing games for hours)

wow looks like a lot of people are unhappy, I personally don't mind it using a lot of ram its the fact I can't leave it open for long hours.

try using it for a while close and open a decent amount of tabs, then leave it minimized for over 12hours then maximize it with a few tabs you left it open with for me on my machine (which is a fresh install of 7 x64 sp1) and a few test machines all w7 firefox will be unstable and using a big chunk of mem it often even crashes the desktop and has twice crashed the nvidia display drivers (which iv never even seen crash playing games for hours)

Yeah I have the same viewpoint. I don't mind that it uses a lot of ram either. Just want to be able to keep my browser open 24/7 or as long as I want. I shouldn't have to close it out or restart it after having it open for long hours.

I love getting Internet Explorer or any browser to use 2 to 3 GB of ram. It is quite easy to do too! Then closing out all the tabs. Working on creating some kind of quick browser surfing test so I can compare the performance of ever browser more accurately. Though where I don't have to actually type or go to all the sites myself. It gets old quick.

When i leave Fx open, go afk for 30 mins n come back, its unresponsive and eating 2 gigs of ram.....going back to stable release for now. Seems to happen only on sites where sound clips play to give alerts or something.

When i leave Fx open, go afk for 30 mins n come back, its unresponsive and eating 2 gigs of ram.....going back to stable release for now. Seems to happen only on sites where sound clips play to give alerts or something.

I never have that happen unless I have 150 + tabs open or go to a certain website that lets me make all browsers use 2 to 3 GB of ram by just having 2 to 5 copies of it open.

i just noticed that the minefield/firefox button no longer goes transparent when the window is inactive anymore

when did they remove that again and why? i thought it was a nice little feature

That's been gone for quite some time.

Here's the bug for it. Looks like it was changed in early November. Comment #16 explains why it was done.

3 bugs left. Is it possible that they skip beta 12 or 13, & go straight to RC, if the bugs are fixed by tomorrow?

They won't be skipping beta 12... It most likely will be built tomorrow or Friday based on the 3 blockers only left and released early next week.. The goal is to get rc1 blockers done by the 25th (25 of them blockers are left) and that should be released first week of march maybe.

They won't be skipping beta 12... It most likely will be built tomorrow or Friday based on the 3 blockers only left and released early next week.. The goal is to get rc1 blockers done by the 25th (25 of them blockers are left) and that should be released first week of march maybe.

Is this the list of bugs that need to be fixed before the RC is released? I see 28 bugs.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=blocking2:beta,final%20sw:hard

That's been gone for quite some time.

Here's the bug for it. Looks like it was changed in early November. Comment #16 explains why it was done.

i personally liked it better when it went transparent :/

I hate going to that because it's addicting to check every second but it keeps saying no :( at least the number of blockers keeps going down.

btw two of 26 bugs will be fixed in beta 12 (633463 and 634639) , so u see , its actually 24 bugs and ~7 of them have patches , i can smell the release now! :D

Is Hardware acceleration going to be enabled by default? I thought I read somewhere it wasn't, but wanted to see what the latest is on that issue. To me text is still "blurry" with it. Especially on white backgrounds.

"about:home" looks terrible in the address bar when using hardware acceleration.

btw two of 26 bugs will be fixed in beta 12 (633463 and 634639) , so u see , its actually 24 bugs and ~7 of them have patches , i can smell the release now! :D

I heard end of march for release unless something has changed where they will be able to get all the bugs done way before than.

No 64 bit till FF5 release

Is that certain? That sucks, where can I read about that? I tried looking but googling x64 Firefox gives me lots of crappy results. The Minefield branches have had it since 4.0prealpha, it's scorching fast. I just started using it again because Adobe updated their "Square" preview of the 64-bit flash, it's really fast... like night and day difference. I use to have problems with pausing and playing occasionally, where the video could become a little jittery for a second --- NONE OF THAT. It's perfectly in sync.