Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Not sure if a bug has been reported, but part of the aero bars on the left and right of the window keep bouncing up and down, when I click links / use java. Not sure if there is a bug on this.

Yeah, the Aero gloss effect bouncing has been reported, but it'll be for something after 4.0.

Is Hardware acceleration going to be enabled by default? I thought I read somewhere it wasn't, but wanted to see what the latest is on that issue. To me text is still "blurry" with it. Especially on white backgrounds.

"about:home" looks terrible in the address bar when using hardware acceleration.

Hardware Acceleration has been enabled by default (on Windows and OS X) for a while, and the bad looking text in the address bar (and such) is a bug, although nothing much has happened to it.

Can someone who has an account to Bugzilla add my bookmark bug? It would be nice to get that fixed in time for RC or whenever they can. Here it is again. Anyone else notice that when you go to the bookmarks menu, then right click on a bookmark and say go to delete or properties, it like flickers? I'm guessing this is a bug. I think I noticed it in Beta 10 also, but not in Beta 9. I don't mean the bookmarks toolbar. That is smooth as can be and the way it should be. I mean when you go to the Bookmarks Menu next to History. It seems even the history menu flickers when you right click on stuff. I'm disabling add-ons to see if it's add-on related. So far no luck. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

i personally liked it better when it went transparent :/

There should be a addon soon that lets you do that if there isn't already.

btw two of 26 bugs will be fixed in beta 12 (633463 and 634639) , so u see , its actually 24 bugs and ~7 of them have patches , i can smell the release now! :D

I can't wait.

Like they say Patience is a Virtue and Good things Come to those who Wait.

Yes I'm sure the propaganda from Mozilla says otherwise. :rolleyes:

No not at all. I hate propaganda as much as you. Talking about when Firefox 4.1 comes out or Firefox 5. When they finally, yes finally, make tabs in Firefox separate processes. You can say what you want but this is when Firefox will change for the better forever!

I'll come back to Firefox when they revamp their UI to start up as fast as any other modern browser, which will be never. :laugh:

Both 3.6 and 4.0 loads in approx. 1 sec here, seems fast enough to me?

Same for me.

Matter of fact just tried out Chrome to check compatability of my wife's website across multiple browsers. Chrome is truly fast - and COMPLETELY not for me.

For those who want a bare-bones web browser it may be fine, but I have grown very comfortable with my configuration of extensions and UI in FF and found myself totally lost without them.

Looking forward to FF 4 and beyond.

I am in no rush. Firefox 4 can come out until 2012 as far as I care.

Most likely won't use it as my main browser until then anyway so all my add-ons have been updated and are working well in the latest Firefox.

Yeah, the Aero gloss effect bouncing has been reported, but it'll be for something after 4.0.

Hardware Acceleration has been enabled by default (on Windows and OS X) for a while, and the bad looking text in the address bar (and such) is a bug, although nothing much has happened to it.

Thanks for letting me know. Can't believe the Aero gloss effect isn't going to be fixed before final release. =\

main 15

firstPaint 328

sessionRestored 360

Cold start restoring Gmail and Bing.com, 0.36 seconds to have Firefox up and usable.. ;)

I prefer h.264 hardware acceleration still. Most all video cards and phones support h.264 acceleration. Though I wonder if WebM can somehow tie into that without hardware change.

I prefer h.264 hardware acceleration still. Most all video cards and phones support h.264 acceleration. Though I wonder if WebM can somehow tie into that without hardware change.

Most of the decoding hardware out there (in consumer stuff) is fairly generic, and can be made to do other codecs and such (Mozilla have already gotten Theora to be decoded in hardware on some mobile devices)

That said, there is hardware being made, Texas Instruments have shown off a chip that can decode 1080p WebM easily, and there's also Android tablets coming that can do it. And Nvidia's also behind WebM, so it wouldn't surprise me if they introduced it in a future update (or possibly card if they can't get it to work properly on current hardware)

i am in love with HTML5 , love it in youtube and its games (pirate love's daisy) :D Waiting for its wide-scale use

Do all youtube videos support HTML5 and what is the highest quality you can watch videos ?