Meet Firefox 4.0.1

I wish they'd add a couple more to that. The bouncing on the sides for aero is incredibly annoying when window is not maximized and the text rendering with Hardware acceleration off is pretty bad as well.

It must be your computer I have not had either problems on mine.

It must be your computer I have not had either problems on mine.

It's not my computer, it's known bugs already.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=632423

For instance go here and look on the left black menu: http://www.disney.co.uk/disney-parks/

Can't find the aero bouncing one atm. I'm talking about nightlies though not sure if your using beta or the nightlies. On nightly for instance if you hover over "Edit" button on here the aero part on left and right move or "bounce".

Another annoying one is the entire Aero border is too thick:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=618353

All problems though sound like they will not be fixed until Firefox 5.0 though :(

Because they are not important.

1.I almost never use the browser not maximized so i don't see the "bouncing aero"

2.i don't care about border thickness because of 1. (is 1 pixel that big a difference?)

3.I use HA so i don't get this bug either

Well there are 2 blockers again and won't be fixed till tomorrow at least so beta 12 won't be built till Monday or Tuesday and a release the following Monday or Tuesday? Or will they release it quicker?

Just tried watching a Flash video in the Beta 12 nightly and for some reason flash "flashes" in it. Using the same plugin on the stable version (3.6.13) it doesn't flicker. This is using Beta 12 64 bit on Ubuntu Linux.

Because they are not important.

1.I almost never use the browser not maximized so i don't see the "bouncing aero"

2.i don't care about border thickness because of 1. (is 1 pixel that big a difference?)

3.I use HA so i don't get this bug either

Well a lot of people do use their browser not maximized... and HA is terrible until they fix the bug where you can read text on white backgrounds without it being blurry. "About:home" looks awful on the address bar.

And the border bugs are negligible (really 1 pix and the "bouncing" aero).

It's an issue of consistency. That's one thing I liked about OSX (though recently they've been diverging away from it), is that the UI is consistent (not trying to start a flame war, I'm a Windows 7 user through and through). In Windows, everything is all over the place. Yes it's only 1 pixel but it's NOT consistent with the rest of the windows and it needs to be addressed, same with the "bouncing" aero.

Some people may not care about the visuals as long as the program works but the UI is what the user sees, it is critical and it kills me to see how inconsistent the UI is in Windows (going off topic beyond Firefox). Microsoft should implement some restrictions which wouldn't allow Mozilla programmers to have a thicker or thinner border and going beyond that such as custom themes (i.e. iTunes, Nokia Ovi Suite, Yahoo Messenger, Quicktime to name a few)

• Like 2

It's an issue of consistency. That's one thing I liked about OSX (though recently they've been diverging away from it), is that the UI is consistent (not trying to start a flame war, I'm a Windows 7 user through and through). In Windows, everything is all over the place. Yes it's only 1 pixel but it's NOT consistent with the rest of the windows and it needs to be addressed, same with the "bouncing" aero.

Some people may not care about the visuals as long as the program works but the UI is what the user sees, it is critical and it kills me to see how inconsistent the UI is in Windows (going off topic beyond Firefox). Microsoft should implement some restrictions which wouldn't allow Mozilla programmers to have a thicker or thinner border and going beyond that such as custom themes (i.e. iTunes, Nokia Ovi Suite, Yahoo Messenger, Quicktime to name a few)

I completely agree about the inconsistent UI on Windows. It's a shame that most developers do not make a greater effort to make their software look like it belongs in Windows; such as those developers that insist on not having Aero borders.

Currently I have disabled Hardware Acceleration. The reason is while browsing random websites the screen goes black for 2-3 seconds and resumes normal activity.

I know many of you would point to faulty drivers, bad GPU etc.

Below is the spec

Windows 7 (64-bit)

Lenovo T410

Nvidia NVS 3100M

Driver running latest 8.15.10.2253

Currently I have disabled Hardware Acceleration. The reason is while browsing random websites the screen goes black for 2-3 seconds and resumes normal activity.

I know many of you would point to faulty drivers, bad GPU etc.

Make sure you report it to Mozilla.

How can there be two parts to one bug? Right now there are two blockers. There's a part 1 and a part 2.

bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=634590 failed automated tests after it landed. Bugs that fail tests generally spawn another bug to 'fix the tests' - thus part 2

part 2 bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=635582 to fix the tests.

There is some discussion they might just drop this for 4.0 - but that's not been made for sure yet. Seems to be folks still pro & con on the issue.

yeah i noticed the font is a little bit blurry on beta 11 and the nightlies too but i have no idea why it is like that.

After looking into it more, apparently IE9 uses GDI type font on a ton of websites. Fx4 is not. I guess that explains it mostly for me at least, as I prefer how Firefox 3.6.x handles fonts, but cannot stand it's handling of fonts on menu's.

after the latest nightly update my Fx4 is ****ed? -.- Look at the strange borders of the tabs, buttons and boxes:

2zpjkwi.png

after the latest nightly update my Fx4 is ****ed? -.- Look at the strange borders of the tabs, buttons and boxes:

2zpjkwi.png

Are you using HW acceleration? I had same problem, turned it off and they were gone.

i guess hardware acceleration is the main reason why they havent released FF4 yet although i have not had one problem with hardware acceleration besides the blurry font.

i guess hardware acceleration is the main reason why they havent released FF4 yet although i have not had one problem with hardware acceleration besides the blurry font.

To me that's a big problem. :p

To me that's a big problem. :p

I doubt it will be fixed this late because a lot of bugs have been moved to FF 5 just to get 4 out the door by end of march maybe.