Meet Firefox 4.0.1

It's "very close" now :D

RC by end of the week assuming they can fix blockers per day and compile by Friday evening.

Yeah, they set it to 2 again.

Last time I checked, it was a 'YES!' with a link to the bug page which includes "Update system requirements page for Firefox 4" :p

dang i missed out on the fun if it going yes :( hopefully it comes back tonight or tomorrow.

well from looking at the bug list just now it looks like the one is about to land :D

I wonder if turning of 'Use Hardware Acceleration When Available' in the Options > Advanced tab does the same thing .. or not?

I'm sure I read something about this a couple of weeks ago .. can't remember where now ..

Anybody know for sure?

It goes a step further and also disables Direct3D compositing of the window, the only reason you'd want to turn that off is if you're getting bad rendering issues (random black squares, corrupted output, etc.)

Its 2 still , but now both have patches , and system requirement page is actually fixed , but its not landed , its ETA is 4 March (i.e. tomorrow for me) , and the other blocker has the patch and it says "[hardblocker][eta: real soon!][has pa... "

Yes we will have th RC "built" this week :D

im hopeing they will release the RC early like they did beta 12... Monday would be nice and that would meet the 3+ days of testing (if they build tomorrow).

Its 2 still , but now both have patches , and system requirement page is actually fixed , but its not landed , its ETA is 4 March (i.e. tomorrow for me) , and the other blocker has the patch and it says "[hardblocker][eta: real soon!][has pa... "

Yes we will have th RC "built" this week :D

I'm thinking Friday as well.

Are the rest of the UI changes going to be coming with the RC? Is the Options menu still going to updated like in Shorlander's mockups? What about the new tab animations and the shadows for the tabs? Is the Bookmark Manager UI going to be updated as well? What about the new drop down arrows for the search and address bars?

I did look at the "Are We Pretty Yet" page, but I wasn't sure if that is including ALL of the UI bugs for Firefox 4.

Are the rest of the UI changes going to be coming with the RC? Is the Options menu still going to updated like in Shorlander's mockups? What about the new tab animations and the shadows for the tabs? Is the Bookmark Manager UI going to be updated as well? What about the new drop down arrows for the search and address bars?

I did look at the "Are We Pretty Yet" page, but I wasn't sure if that is including ALL of the UI bugs for Firefox 4.

Firefox 5

I believe the new dropdown arrow for address bar at least (the big arrow) has been cancelled. Only drop down arrows I know of that need to be added are the "slight bigger" ones that the bookmarks button uses.

Firefox 5

I believe the new dropdown arrow for address bar at least (the big arrow) has been cancelled. Only drop down arrows I know of that need to be added are the "slight bigger" ones that the bookmarks button uses.

Thanks to both of you. :)

Wow, do the new tabs look ugly....

<removed>

They look okay. A little dull. I guess I could get used to it though.

When did those tabs land? I don't remember them looking like that and I used 3-2-11 nightly.

I don't think they've landed. Well, at least not on my Minefield. Go to Bug 570279 and scroll down to Attachments. Click the very first link and you'll see the picture that he posted above.

This is what comment #32 of the bug has to say:

I want to point out that this will likely cause churn where we already have

screenshots (SUMO, marketing and promo materials, and MDN?) taken of FF4. This

looks pretty different to me at first glance, though admittedly I don't live on

Windows.

Brings it into doubt?