Meet Firefox 4.0.1

The nightly builds here says the latest nightly was build 3/7

Seems like the nightlies aren't updating cause I still have the 3/3 nightly and it says it's the latest.

Btw, where can I find the changelog of the nightly builds?

The nightly builds here says the latest nightly was build 3/7

Seems like the nightlies aren't updating cause I still have the 3/3 nightly and it says it's the latest.

Btw, where can I find the changelog of the nightly builds?

logs:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=23&sid=9712b385d2f4d1babaec83d273982fde

"Manually download from here: Auto updates and check updates through browser still disabled due to Firefox 4RC1.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/"

is it worth installing the RC on the mozilla ftp or should i wait for it to be officially released

its still showing B12 on the FF4 site

I like it a lot. Much smoother and faster. Feels very nice! I had so much anticipation to see how it would run sense Firefox 4 Beta 12 and Minefield Alpha pre13 landed. Very impressed.

logs:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=23&sid=9712b385d2f4d1babaec83d273982fde

"Manually download from here: Auto updates and check updates through browser still disabled due to Firefox 4RC1.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/"

Ah, that explains it. Been wondering the same thing about why the nightlies were not updating.

i have a feeling RC wont be out till next week. there is still 1 blocker and a few blocker nominations.

Bummer.

Anyone figure out how to get the instant search feature that Chrome has to work in FF? I really miss using it for all my searches.

Damn you, McAfee SiteAdvisor. Holding it back for everyone else.

Doesn't look like it'll take long to resolve though, and it's a good bit of dedication for a good user end experience.

Just a question beforehand, when the RC lands and I install it, I guess I have to change

extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0b

to something else in my profile config?

Damn you, McAfee SiteAdvisor. Holding it back for everyone else.

Doesn't look like it'll take long to resolve though, and it's a good bit of dedication for a good user end experience.

From the bug report,

it seems the fix has to come (and has come) from McAfee, not from Mozilla (comment #6)

it's the ~48th most-used add-on in Fx (#16)

Mozilla is debating blocking particular (older) versions of MSA but is worried about just how many users will be hurt (#15) by not updating the add-on in time.

BTW, some time ago, MSA caused problems with GMail when accessed through Chrome, IIRC. But Google doesn't really bother. They tell complaining users to check with whoever (McAfee in this case).

apparently the mcafee advisor blocker is a server-side bug so it will be fixed and not have an impact on the software and shouldnt delay RC1 or RC2 whichever comes by the time its fixed.

As far as I understand the builds don't update when a release is near.

Yeah, the trunk's frozen, the only changes (like 6 of them) are ones blocking the mobile version (so they have no affect on the desktop builds). The last nightly is basically equivalent to the RC build, just branded differently.

apparently the mcafee advisor blocker is a server-side bug so it will be fixed and not have an impact on the software and shouldnt delay RC1 or RC2 whichever comes by the time its fixed.

Yep, the blocklists are server side, they just have to update the list before Firefox 4 is released.

Well I don't know if it was MS pulling their finger out or the RC sorting it but hotmail is now working again

MS Fixed the bug, though Mozilla did have a patch that would have worked around the problem.

Anyone know of a way to get the new square tabs from the recent nightly builds into RC? Perhaps a stylish?

Aren't they in the RC then?

They don't look the same to me. Unless it's my theme, or an add-on changing them.

They have changed the tabs to look slightly more like IE9 (squared), but personally I think it looks horrid and they should have made it an option.

I'm Just happy we have stratiform that not only allows us to clean up the current messy look (tabs especially) but also change other elements of the UI to make it completely customized :)

It actually depends on the user. Personally, I don't really think that an added "square/rounded" option should be added on the program itself cause there are addons and userChrome.css tweaks that can be used to re-design the interface.

I'm one of those who like the square tabs (after stylish-ing the height)

It actually depends on the user. Personally, I don't really think that an added "square/rounded" option should be added on the program itself cause there are addons and userChrome.css tweaks that can be used to re-design the interface.

I'm one of those who like the square tabs (after stylish-ing the height)

Well, can you share your stylish? I want to check out square tabs on my Firefox 4 RC.

Well, can you share your stylish? I want to check out square tabs on my Firefox 4 RC.

Anyone know why I can't get Bookmark This Link or Bookmark This Page to work in the right click tab context menu? Very strange bug. I want to be able to right click on a tab and use Bookmark This Page. It works for Bookmark All Tabs, but not for a single page. Does it work for anyone else? Maybe it's yet another extension causing a conflict.

Help -> Restart Firefox without addons

I'm pretty sure RC tabs are square.

.tabbrowser-tab, .tabs-newtab-button {
   -moz-border-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/tabbrowser/tab.png") 4 3 2 3 / 3px 3px 2px 3px repeat stretch !important;
 }

Read the posts on the stylish thread and you'll see lots of good styles.