Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Anyone know why I can't get Bookmark This Link or Bookmark This Page to work in the right click tab context menu? Very strange bug. I want to be able to right click on a tab and use Bookmark This Page. It works for Bookmark All Tabs, but not for a single page. Does it work for anyone else? Maybe it's yet another extension causing a conflict.

Anyone know why I can't get Bookmark This Link or Bookmark This Page to work in the right click tab context menu? Very strange bug. I want to be able to right click on a tab and use Bookmark This Page. It works for Bookmark All Tabs, but not for a single page. Does it work for anyone else? Maybe it's yet another extension causing a conflict.

Working here. Can't say I've ever used them before, but they appear to do the job. (On RC1)

Btw., the square tabs were because of problems with rounded corners on Windows, if I read the original ticket for it correctly. A lot of the complaints have been misplaced as a result.

Working here. Can't say I've ever used them before, but they appear to do the job. (On RC1)

Btw., the square tabs were because of problems with rounded corners on Windows, if I read the original ticket for it correctly. A lot of the complaints have been misplaced as a result.

Must be just me then. Thanks for replying.

British English Dictionary works fine

For some reason the RC deleted the EN-US dictionary while I updated from B12, fixed it by re downloading the dictionary manually :rofl:

So there's no way to get the square tabs in the RC? I kind of liked that look. I'm looking for a stylish, but I have only found the opposite way so far. Going from the square to the rounder ones.

So there's no way to get the square tabs in the RC? I kind of liked that look. I'm looking for a stylish, but I have only found the opposite way so far. Going from the square to the rounder ones.

I am using the RC and I have square tabs.

as everyone keeps saying, the square tabs ARE in the RC, it has to be something on your end, one of your add-ons most likely

if you have anything like tabmixplus or the like that is most likely the culprit

as everyone keeps saying, the square tabs ARE in the RC, it has to be something on your end, one of your add-ons most likely

if you have anything like tabmixplus or the like that is most likely the culprit

Mine are square, but they don't look long like in the screenshots of the Minefield builds. That's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. Maybe it is cause of an add-on like you said. I do use TabMixPlus and many others. I fixed it. It was cause of my theme. I wish there was a way to use the theme Strata RELOADED and still have the square tabs, but I guess not. That's why I was looking for a stylish.

Mine are square, but they don't look long like in the screenshots of the Minefield builds. That's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. Maybe it is cause of an add-on like you said. I do use TabMixPlus and many others.

Would you mind posting a screenshot?

Mine are square, but they don't look long like in the screenshots of the Minefield builds. That's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. Maybe it is cause of an add-on like you said. I do use TabMixPlus and many others. I fixed it. It was cause of my theme. I wish there was a way to use the theme Strata RELOADED and still have the square tabs, but I guess not. That's why I was looking for a stylish.

Maybe because the RC is not a Minefield build.

Mine are square, but they don't look long like in the screenshots of the Minefield builds. That's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. Maybe it is cause of an add-on like you said. I do use TabMixPlus and many others.

it's most likely TabMixPlus, it has been known to cause many issues throughout all the betas/alphas as things were changed

try disabling that and see if your tabs look any better

I know i'm probably in the minority here, but is there a way to get the loading status and hover over link back into the address bar? I really miss the fact that they took it out.

Maybe because the RC is not a Minefield build.

Yeah, I know that. That's why I was asking for a way to make my tabs look like they do in the Minefield build. I may have fixed it, unless someone tells me that there are additional tweaks to the tabs in the Minefield build that aren't in the RC?

Yeah, I know that. That's why I was asking for a way to make my tabs look like they do in the Minefield build. I may have fixed it, unless someone tells me that there are additional tweaks to the tabs in the Minefield build that aren't in the RC?

just installed the RC1, tabs are the same as in b13pre for me

post-321504-0-27833400-1299609250.png

I know i'm probably in the minority here, but is there a way to get the loading status and hover over link back into the address bar? I really miss the fact that they took it out.

STATUS-4-EVAR

BTW: Back to NO because 1 blocker on "canweshipyet" ? So we might have to wait a few more days for the final RC build ... :unsure:

Yeah, the trunk's frozen, the only changes (like 6 of them) are ones blocking the mobile version (so they have no affect on the desktop builds). The last nightly is basically equivalent to the RC build, just branded differently.

The RC build has the same GUI as that of the nightly as there will be no such huge updates on the nightlies with the upcoming release of FF4.

Just so you have any more problems (no disrespect):

- Themes change the way your browser look (i.e. some users who like Chrome's UI but love FF's functionality uses a chrome theme on their ff). It will surely affect the square tabs on your RC.

- If you find something odd on your browser, try disabling the addons first. Either disable addons that can affect that change (i.e. if there's something odd with the tabs, try disabling addons that tweaks the ui, and tab-related addons like TMP). If you have millions of addons, just use Help->Restart with Addons Disabled. That will not disable your addons permanently unless you choose that option on startup. If it works normally, then your addons may be causing some problems. You can catch the culprit by divide and conquer method (disable half -> if problem solved -> check on the other half ). OR, like me, you could just have a blank, virgin, untouched profile, and run it only when something is odd, and see if the problem is there.

- Don't be afraid to try out something (whether it's a stylish, addon). I always use a test profile (Managing profiles), for the addons that I am interested in before applying it on my main profile. The best way is to check the reviews (not only on the addons page but also on forums, or websites where the addon is featured (like lifehacker). As for stylish, you could just try it out on your main profile right away, it's just css. Changing the app menu button's width sometimes messes it up, but a browser restart is all you need :)

Since this thread seems to reach a lot of users I'll check if anyone of you Firefox fans can reproduce an issue I experience.

The decoration gradient on the window border jumps up and down when hovering links as the link target pops up at the bottom left of the browser window. This of course steals focus from the page you are browsing and is rather annoying.

This is on a fresh install of the latest Minefield Nightly at the time of posting (2011-03-08) but b12 acts the same. No extensions or themes. Tried toggling hardware acceleration on or off. Reproduced on 2 computers, both Windows 7. Installing Status-4-Evar and moving link target and status to location bar removes issue.

Check screendump without and with hover.

post-379188-0-68268000-1299624343.png

Since this thread seems to reach a lot of users I'll check if anyone of you Firefox fans can reproduce an issue I experience.

The decoration gradient on the window border jumps up and down when hovering links as the link target pops up at the bottom left of the browser window. This of course steals focus from the page you are browsing and is rather annoying.

This is on a fresh install of the latest Minefield Nightly at the time of posting (2011-03-08) but b12 acts the same. No extensions or themes. Tried toggling hardware acceleration on or off. Reproduced on 2 computers, both Windows 7. Installing Status-4-Evar and moving link target and status to location bar removes issue.

Check screendump without and with hover.

post-379188-0-68268000-1299624343.png

Not seeing this at all on b12 :blink:

just installed the RC1, tabs are the same as in b13pre for me

Those tabs look pretty nice if I do say so myself. Glad Mozilla took out the ugliness.

Not seeing this at all on b12 :blink:

It only happens in builds that came after the link and status notifications were moved from the location bar to the bottom left.

This is known afaik, but it's not something I can reproduce on my Win7 with RC1. For whatever reason, it's not judged to be a blocker (potentially it needs fairly specific circumstances).