Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Anyone have a good add-on for restarting Firefox? Like for example when you install an extension. I'd like a toolbar button for that. Preferably one with the Firefox logo, or any icon that isn't green, cuz then it looks too similar to the add-on manager's icon. Is there one available? I'm searching for one, but I haven't found what I'm looking for.

search: restartless restart. I'm too lazy to give the link.

no fancy logo though. just a menu bar entry.

Thanks, but I'm looking for one like I specified. I appreciate the response, though.

Anyone have a good add-on for restarting Firefox? Like for example when you install an extension. I'd like a toolbar button for that. Preferably one with the Firefox logo, or any icon that isn't green, cuz then it looks too similar to the add-on manager's icon. Is there one available? I'm searching for one, but I haven't found what I'm looking for.

Menu Icons Plus 2.1

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/menu-icons-plus/

Is it just me, or does the RC feel faster :blink:

It has been faster but yep your right. That is the first thing I noticed when installing Firefox 4 RC Build 1 before it was officially out. Always nice.

I've been using the nightlies forever. Should I switch to RC1 or stick with them?

Minefield is going to be getting some Firefox 5 changes quite soon. So stick to RC if you want it to be stable.

If the RC becomes final, which will be updated to FF4 final? The RC or FF3.6.whatever that I currently have? Do I need to uninstall one of them?

I'll probably start using minefield only as a secondary when they start working on FF5.

sorry to burst your bubble but that page has been live for hours now :p

lol...I just went back up a few posts and saw someone else already posted it and you made my stupidity permanent before I could go back and edit it.

lol...I just went back up a few posts and saw someone else already posted it and you made my stupidity permanent before I could go back and edit it.

lol yeah, it's ok, i'm just giving you crap, we've all done something like that lol :rofl:

why do people think FF 4 will be released on March 13 :rolleyes: the day before ie 9 is being released. There is no chance of this happening when the QA team from mozilla says they need 1-2 additional weeks of testing before final ships.

Than beta 12? Yes, it should.

It is definitely faster (both Win32 and OS X UB) - in both cases, I upgraded from beta 12. (Only the OS X version did the inline update from beta 12, oddly enough - the Win32 version did use beta 12's folder and imported the settings, though.)

The UI remains unchanged from beta 12 on the OS X side.

I haven't really thrown the Internet Monster (specifically, Facebook and their partner sites) at the RC yet - that will come after my physical tomorrow.

why do people think FF 4 will be released on March 13 :rolleyes: the day before ie 9 is being released. There is no chance of this happening when the QA team from mozilla says they need 1-2 additional weeks of testing before final ships.

'people'? Where?