Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Am I right in assuming that the second release candidate is the final version? I checked for updates and it says it's up to date.

Also, I think I might finally make the switch from Chrome. :o I've been using Firefox up until version 3.6 and made the switch to Chrome because of its minimalist UI and speediness.

I like Mozilla Firefox 4 RC2 and Final, don`t like RC1, it was slow for me. At least they released it now.

idk about mac , but have u enabled it ?

post-293012-0-06012500-1300712469.png

It is already enabled; once again Mac users have been ignored by Firefox developers - I wish Firefox developers just stopped developing for Mac OS X if they can't even bothered giving in the same level of attention as they do with Windows. I swear if this was Internet Explorer on Mac OS X there would be no let up on the hatred being spewed by the Mac OS X devotees but because it is from the 'Mozilla Foundation' it is given a free pass.

Does anyone else feel like when clicking on the scroll bar and moving up & down, it's rubberband-ish?Not liking FF4 so far...

YES! That's exactly what's been ****ing me off... scroll on crack.

I don't get why they rushed to implement hardware acceleration when it makes the interface and font smoothing in general look so horrible. Somehow it's lightyears behind Chrome and IE in that department, and its one of the most important usability factors in a web browser.

By using their custom interface language Firefox 4 still sticks out like a sore thumb on Mac OS X. They try to mimic Aqua the best they can but it just isn't the real deal, which is quite apparent. With Firefox you have to deal with interface bugs that simply aren't there in applications that use the native APIs, lack of animations and overall the interface feels less responsive and smooth.

Mozilla will have a hell of a job ahead of them to make Firefox fit in with Mac OS X Lion's revamped Aqua interface. This wouldn't be the case if they just used the native APIs.

By using their custom interface language Firefox 4 still sticks out like a sore thumb on Mac OS X. They try to mimic Aqua the best they can but it just isn't the real deal, which is quite apparent.

Not just Mac - Windows as well. IE 9 and Safari FTW for nativeness.

The FishIE test uses canvas which is not accelerated on OpenGL.

P.S.: You should have posted your about:support info along with your rant.

By using their custom interface language Firefox 4 still sticks out like a sore thumb on Mac OS X. They try to mimic Aqua the best they can but it just isn't the real deal, which is quite apparent. With Firefox you have to deal with interface bugs that just aren't there in applications that use the native APIs, lack of animations and overall the interface feels less responsive and smooth.

Mozilla will have a hell of a job ahead of them to make Firefox fit in with Mac OS X Lion's revamped Aqua interface.

Safari is native on Windows?

why hasn't firefox 4 fixed the jumplists? none of my pinned or recent websites have any icons other than the default html icon? wth man!!!? small details like this matter man! it should be a polished experience.

Is anyone else experiencing this too?

Safari is native on Windows?

What has your reply to do with anything? Firefox isn't made by Microsoft, Windows isn't made by Mozilla. Beyond that I'm not talking about Windows in the first place and if you really want to go down that road Microsoft's own applications aren't exactly a shining beacon of consistency ether.

why hasn't firefox 4 fixed the jumplists? none of my pinned or recent websites have any icons other than the default html icon? wth man!!!? small details like this matter man! it should be a polished experience.

Is anyone else experiencing this too?

it's the same in IE9 as well, Chrome's the only one that uses the fav icons in the jumplist afaik

I have this wierd thing with Firefox where it just doesn't render the fonts right. The look very pixelated and out of proportion small. Chrome looks fine, and is much nicer to read.

Somebody here who knows why this is?

I have this wierd thing with Firefox where it just doesn't render the fonts right. The look very pixelated and out of proportion small. Chrome looks fine, and is much nicer to read.

Turn off hardware acceleration in preferences?

it's the same in IE9 as well, Chrome's the only one that uses the fav icons in the jumplist afaik

IE 9 uses icons in the jumplists...

IE9 and Chrome have it AFAIK. Firefox does not.

Eitherway, I still think FF4 is pretty nice. My hope is that Mozilla and Google drop support for XP sometime this year with a new release. I have a feeling that Microsoft's decision to was the better choice. It would be nice for the other two top players to look towards the future with new releases instead of clinging on to the past. It would be nice to have a browser written with Windows 7/8, and MacOSX in mind and front and center.

Same thing as I've had throughout the Firefox 4 nightlies for the past year. They've shown no interest in fixing it or they can't.

Right click on a toolbar, customize, and drag it where you want it.

thanks for the help ;)

IE9's jumplist should be using favicons... It's working on mine. Did you deploy that emergency favicon fix a few months back by chance?

IE9's jumplist should be using favicons... It's working on mine. Did you deploy that emergency favicon fix a few months back by chance?

I don't get any jumplist in IE9. Not sure why. What does the fix do, & where can I find it?

I don't get any jumplist in IE9. Not sure why. What does the fix do, & where can I find it?

You're not by chance using the 64bit version of IE9 are you?

If you have "store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the taskbar" unchecked, jumplists for pinned sites will not show up for IE9, only the 2 tasks show up (inprivate browsing and new tab).