Meet Firefox 4.0.1

If beta 12 is the last beta before RC, why are there beta13pre builds showing up in the nightlies folder?

because it's normal that it is this way. Even though RC is the next step Minefield reports beta13pre but you're not gonna see a Firefox 4 beta 13, unless Mozilla wants so but I do not think it's in their plans right now.

Firefox button on Windows doesn't follow the proper upper right button design either, same with Opera.

Firefox, Opera and Chrome are cross-platform disasters whether you're using Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.

Firefox button on Windows doesn't follow the proper upper right button design either, same with Opera.

What is the proper button design supposed to be? Do you mean how the button is in the titlebar?

I'm not arguing, just genuinely want to know.

Nightlies are using hell less memory after the TM merge , feels better, i don't know if it is in beta 12

I think it is. At least from what I can tell. Wohoo!!! Today is a nice day to be a geek!

What is the proper button design supposed to be? Do you mean how the button is in the titlebar?

I'm not arguing, just genuinely want to know.

WINKEY+R

wordpad

enter

That is a quality menu there in the top left corner imo.

Nightlies are using hell less memory after the TM merge , feels better, i don't know if it is in beta 12

Do we have to manually update the Nightlies now? I haven't updated for 4-5 days and I just ran the auto updater, it downloaded about 15mb and brought me to 4.0b12pre (2011-02-22) So I'm a bit confused^^'

Do we have to manually update the Nightlies now? I haven't updated for 4-5 days and I just ran the auto updater, it downloaded about 15mb and brought me to 4.0b12pre (2011-02-22) So I'm a bit confused^^'

Yeah they stop nightly automated updates when they build a new release now. Beta, RC, etc... I think this is the way they handle release builds from now on by stopping the automated nightly updates before release.

Yeah they stop nightly automated updates when they build a new release now. Beta, RC, etc... I think this is the way they handle release builds from now on by stopping the automated nightly updates before release.

Ah I understand, soo when I download firefox-4.0b13pre.en-US.win32.zip now and manually update, will I get auto updates back in a few days?

EDIT: Holy fluffy cloud.... I'm now on 4.0b13pre and god... so fast :woot:

Ah I understand, soo when I download firefox-4.0b13pre.en-US.win32.zip now and manually update, will I get auto updates back in a few days?

EDIT: Holy fluffy cloud.... I'm now on 4.0b13pre and god... so fast :woot:

4.0b13pre ...fast, snappy, low memory usage ... we are back in business :woot:

• Like 2

Down to 12. :laugh:

At this rate, beta 13 is looking like the last before RC.