Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Ah I understand, soo when I download firefox-4.0b13pre.en-US.win32.zip now and manually update, will I get auto updates back in a few days?

EDIT: Holy fluffy cloud.... I'm now on 4.0b13pre and god... so fast :woot:

Yep once they turn back on the auto-updates for nightlys you'll get update

I am bit confused , its 8 bugs to RC , and if all fine then RC=Final , isn't it? If so then why are they saying that it will be shipped as soon as 8 bugs are fixed

I am bit confused , its 8 bugs to RC , and if all fine then RC=Final , isn't it? If so then why are they saying that it will be shipped as soon as 8 bugs are fixed

Basically when the 8 bugs are fixed, they will build the RC and if no new issues or regressions are found in the RC testing the RC will become the Final release.

4.0b13pre ...fast, snappy, low memory usage ... we are back in business :woot:

Indeed, the memory usage of the previous builds were way too high for my tastes, but after downloading the latest nightly build they seem to have gotten it way down. Still a bit heavier than FF3, but not by a ridiculous amount, and it's to be expected with new features and whatnot.. don't get something for nothing. Fast as all hell too, virtually identical to the latest Chromium on the Sunspider test for example, literally +/- ~5ms on my system. The final build is shaping up to be an excellent release.

So im using build 1 of beta 12 and things are still broken, girlfriend pointed out about 2seconds of using it that hotmail is still broken (it refreshes every second and then just goes crazy) now I don't care but for hotmail but i know alot of people that still use it and this seems a major bug for a browsers that's suppose to be close to release ,other problems that im having involve high cpu n ram with 2! tabs open?! non with flash or anything like that, also plug in container crashing(with flash duuhhh) but still having to restart firefox because it won't load the container back up :/ takes away the point of it working like that in the first place.

I can't see this been released anytime soon its just not ready and I hope they don't just rush it out under pressure.

also has anyone ever had firefox crash their nvidia driver? I can reproduce it if I leave firefox open overnight minimized, its a pretty big bug which iv already reported to nvidia and soon mozilla.

The hotmail refreshing every second is a Microsoft Hotmail issue that they are aware of and have said they will fix before Firefox 4 is released. Mozilla have also added a temporary fix in an upcoming build as a quick-fix until Microsoft patches the issue.

I used to have high CPU + RAM and this has been improved alot recently with yesterday's nightly which will eventually become RC

The hotmail refreshing every second is a Microsoft Hotmail issue that they are aware of and have said they will fix before Firefox 4 is released. Mozilla have also added a temporary fix in an upcoming build as a quick-fix until Microsoft patches the issue.

I used to have high CPU + RAM and this has been improved alot recently with yesterday's nightly which will eventually become RC

I just got the latest nightly pushed to me 5 mins ago, the hotmail issue still exists in this version.

thanks for the info, im guessing microsoft won't be quick to fix something that effects firefox :/

also im gonna go try the nightlys again.

I don't like the idea that Mozilla is working around it by selectively using the HTML4 parser for Hotmail and the HTML5 parser everywhere else, I'd think a better solution would be to just leave it and let Microsoft fix it.

But, it's temporary, once Microsoft get around to fixing it the change will be reverted.