Counter-Strike: Source Beta

i haven't played this game in a long time, this is more then enough reason for me to give it another shot

edit: filled :(

here are some screenies though

<image snipped>

<image snipped>

<image snipped>

<image snipped>

<image snipped>

actually looks like a nice update (Y)

Looks the same to me. I got in to the beta, I'll have a look in motion later.

Here's one screenshot, everything on max (not very high textures though):

post-99705-12736134396148.jpg

I don't get why they have bothered to be honest. They've left this game for a long time without tangible updates. Some new weapons would have been nice say oh 4 years ago. How about some new Maps? A graphics overhaul?

Heck how about a Counter Strike 3? -- Just seems rather pointless to spend any development time on a game that they have obviously abandoned a long time ago.

I'd really like to see Valve try and do a Call of Duty / Battlefield Bad Company type of game. But at the same time I'd want to play it before I'm 75 so maybe just best they focus on other things.

Looks the same to me. I got in to the beta, I'll have a look in motion later.

the game looks cleaner and the lighting looks better to me

I don't get why they have bothered to be honest. They've left this game for a long time without tangible updates. Some new weapons would have been nice say oh 4 years ago. How about some new Maps? A graphics overhaul?

Heck how about a Counter Strike 3? -- Just seems rather pointless to spend any development time on a game that they have obviously abandoned a long time ago.

I'd really like to see Valve try and do a Call of Duty / Battlefield Bad Company type of game. But at the same time I'd want to play it before I'm 75 so maybe just best they focus on other things.

They may have done this to help with the port to Mac.

+ Add a new wallpaper bg

+ Remove the Visual stress test

+ Work on the gui, its cluttered and messy

+ The freeze death cam is useless

+ Achievements don't work

+ It doesnt work with Steam Cloud.

This was hardly worth a beta.

+ Add a new wallpaper bg

Depends what parts of the overall update the beta is intending to test...

+ Add a new wallpaper bg

Still there for me :)

really now people, complaining that your getting something for free???? what is up with that attitude? Valve supports their games like no other company. This game is how old? and it still got a update. New weapons would not have done anything to the gameplay but probably break it more. New maps can come from the community, as CSS is such an old game, I could see valve not supporting it anymore and I'd still be fine with it.

Sure, a new CS might be cool, but really, there is nothing that can really be done to the game. It's a reaction based team shooter. aside from just somehow battlefielding it up, the game has reached its peak a long time ago lol.

• Like 1

really now people, complaining that your getting something for free???? what is up with that attitude? Valve supports their games like no other company. This game is how old? and it still got a update. New weapons would not have done anything to the gameplay but probably break it more. New maps can come from the community, as CSS is such an old game, I could see valve not supporting it anymore and I'd still be fine with it.

Sure, a new CS might be cool, but really, there is nothing that can really be done to the game. It's a reaction based team shooter. aside from just somehow battlefielding it up, the game has reached its peak a long time ago lol.

I'm more ****ed off about how they brought the beta out, I was in the last beta for CS Source (2004ish) and would've loved to get a hold of this and beta test it.

I'm more ****ed off about how they brought the beta out, I was in the last beta for CS Source (2004ish) and would've loved to get a hold of this and beta test it.

Same. The people that happened to hear about it before the slots isntantly ran out are the only ones that get it.

laaaammeeee

With you on that one. I've been apart of every CS beta, even the original half life cs beta, back when cs_docks was one of the only and best maps. They should open the beta up for more to join, or at least for those who beta tested the CS:S game when hl2 was still under production.

With you on that one. I've been apart of every CS beta, even the original half life cs beta, back when cs_docks was one of the only and best maps. They should open the beta up for more to join, or at least for those who beta tested the CS:S game when hl2 was still under production.

I didn't even KNOW that the CS:Source Beta was coming out.. Nor that they were doing an update, the opt-in was for "Steam Client Beta".

I wish they did more with this franchise. Counter-Strike + Valve has been a big disappointment.

I wish they did more with this franchise. Counter-Strike + Valve has been a big disappointment.

:( The Orioles is a big disappointment, hasn't been the same since Ripken Jr. left, hopefully the Ravens will get better this coming season too.. Anyway, yeah CS:S needed the update around when DoD:S got updated, not now, and certainly not by a third party developer.

:( The Orioles is a big disappointment, hasn't been the same since Ripken Jr. left, hopefully the Ravens will get better this coming season too.. Anyway, yeah CS:S needed the update around when DoD:S got updated, not now, and certainly not by a third party developer.

Isn't that the truth. Orioles are an awful team right now.

They updated their most popular online game, why is that such a big deal? They promised 3 or 4 years ago to update it to the Orange Box engine and now they have, and people complain they've finally done it. They've also changed some other stuff like weapon recoil, running speed while holding certain weapons and yet people complain they didn't change anything important and just wanted to add achievements and the freeze cam.

Righttttt.

+ Add a new wallpaper bg

The visual stress test is there for me. GUI is fine, all they need to work on is the font. The freeze death cam is useless? Is it useless in TF2 and DoD:S as well? If you think it is, then you can DISABLE it in the options. Achievements work fine for me. And hey, I just synced up with Steam Cloud after playing just now, imagine that.

Mmhmmm :|

So does it run better or worse now???

Runs way better for me. Plus it loads INSANELY faster now as well. I was shocked how fast it loaded up the first couple of times.

The very high textures and motion blur etc are nice touches and look good considering how old the game is of course.

Runs way better for me. Plus it loads INSANELY faster now as well. I was shocked how fast it loaded up the first couple of times.

The very high textures and motion blur etc are nice touches and look good considering how old the game is of course.

I was playing before and I reached the 300FPS cap easily. The lowest FPS I got was around 150 during more intense scenes. Definitely better than before for me.

Haven't noticed too much difference, but I haven't played it properly in years. Achievements are pretty cool, scoreboard and end of round notice are ugly, need sprucing up but the layout of info isn't too bad.