28 people on bus electocuted in India

That is horrible. I seen the guy electrocuted on top of the train and that was bad.

India is getting a TON of money now, since all our tech support and IT stuff is being sent to them. Hopefully won't be to much longer and they will start fixing these things.

India has a horrible power/telecommunications infrastructure. Blackouts are common occurrences.

One of our India testers disconnects like every 10 minutes when contacting us developers from home.

Glad some people here find it funny. How about I stuff your head in a transformer box? Does that sound like fun?

'tards. Anyways, that is a terrible story. :(

It's electric boogie woogie, woogie!

Pretty bad that people joke about stuff like this. People die daily, but theres no reason to bring jokes upon stuff like this. :(

Why in the world are the lines so low and why dont they have an insulator? almost every line in the USA except the very high ones for transmission are insulated

I don't know of any place in the world that insulates the power lines up a utility pole, not even in the USA. What you might be talking about is the underground power lines found in newer estates built in the last 20-30 years that do not have utility poles. Simply put, it's much cheaper to use utility poles for many reasons including the savings in design cost, it's cheaper to not have to dig and reinforce a trench, and you don't need big huge insulators other than the ceramic insulators that connect the power line to the utility pole.

So? I'm not concerned about many things, doesn't mean they don't still exist. But yeah, should be fine on rubber tyres?

It's not the tires that protect you from, let's say, a lightning strike. A tire would have to be a kilometer thick in order to protect you from that kind of voltage, otherwise it would just jump. What does protect you is the metal cage that is the car itself, but obviously nothing has to make contact between you and the metal body.

While this is sad, I can honestly say I am not surprised.

Can tell you have never been to India, safety is not the biggest concern out there.

+1.

You really have to go to India / know about India to know everything they have breaks. New Bridges have collasped, old bridges have collapsed.

It's sad in our country.