London unveils creepy-looking mascots for 2012 Olympics

Ugly logo, ugly mascot, and that tower they were building aswell :x ...who the hell is coming up with all these designs?

scary man!!! would not want to see those mascots live while tripping..!!!!!

Why do we need mascots? Aren't they just "living" logos for something that is already represented by a logo?

Merchandising. There is only so many logo-based T-shirts than one can sell in a day.

This is all part of our excellent plan.

When the British athletes see those mascots they will run faster than light just to get away from them!! whistle.gif

Maybe the UK knows something that the rest of the world doesnt and actually aliens will participate in the 2012 Olympic games... So the mascots were made to greet the new alien athletes.

A true demonstration of "designed by comity". Way the go. Did anyone at any point take a step back and go: "oh my god. what the hell is that"

No? k. Glad we had this talk.

Meh, I think they are okay. It's quite obvious they are catered toward children and it's very apparent in the video where they mimic the things they see, something many children may relate to (this is also enhanced by the huge eye and 'playful' appearance). It wouldn't surprise me if children have been a big part of the process in bringing these forth.

That being said, I have not seen any other contribution and I must say the official logo looks very bad.

theyre mascotal representations of all the CCTV cameras around London :rofl: just a reminder folks, even our mascots are watching you

First of all, you'd have to know about Quatchi from Vancouver 2010:

In a shot at Vancouver's mascots, he added later: "Surely the one with the blue stain in his nether regions is named Crotchi?"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/is-british-coalition-to-blame-for-ugly-olympic-mascots/article1575523/

I saw this on the news this morning, and some kids were raising their arms like the mascots. It looked suspiciously like the Nazi salute (although left-handed).

I saw this on the news this morning, and some kids were raising their arms like the mascots. It looked suspiciously like the Nazi salute (although left-handed).

lmao