Aion, anyone?

Anyone play Aion? I was hoping someone who played would send me a reference invite so that I could try the game before deciding on whether or not to buy. Aion doesn't have an automated demo/trial client (from what I can tell). And the only way I seem to find that would allow me to try the game is by using the friend referral system.

Much thanks. :)

Anyone play Aion? I was hoping someone who played would send me a reference invite so that I could try the game before deciding on whether or not to buy. Aion doesn't have an automated demo/trial client (from what I can tell). And the only way I seem to find that would allow me to try the game is by using the friend referral system.

Much thanks. :)

Sure man, hook me up with your email address.

Sure man, hook me up with your email address.

Thanks for the quick reply! (Y)

skullpture@live.com

Thanks again! :D

aion, terrible pve grind game.

bad class balance where fastest levelers are the best pvp classes which also get all the skill they need to be viable in both pve and pvp the earliest. and are all ranged.

where assassins make better tanks than actual so called tanks.

where being viable in pvp means grinding a few hours each week for the hundreds of consumables you'll be spamming continuously after you've managed to proc 2 10% crafts after 16 tries each for your starter end game gear set.

also the trial is like 5 hours or level 7 which ever comes first. it takes about 2.5 hours to get to level 10.

I've played this on and off since it came out. My sub expired a few months back, and I don't have any intention of renewing.

Far too tedious, i'd rather play WoW tbh.

Aion has a REALLY good UI. Absolutely the UI I've seen. However, the game is rather linear at the beginning (from what I encountered). I can't say I love nor, hate it. But I don't think I'll be buying it anytime soon. The quests are rather boring and direct. I was hoping Aion was a hybrid between WoW and GW and although it does have that WoW-touch but I haven't seen any GW integration or inspiration aside from the characters.

Thanks again Yorak for the trial. :D

I've been wanting to try this out myself, so if anyone else has a spare trial key they don't mind giving away, I would sure use it. :yes:

It isn't really the questing that is bad, it's the ganking every 3-5 minutes while trying to level that is bad.

You have Level 50s just hunting the Level 25 folks in Eltnen. Great game in theory, bad in application.

Play a Cleric, the most OP class in that game. A healer beating pure tanks. Just completely stupid.

I play on a private server after someone here on Neowin recommended it. I don't know how it compares to WoW but it's a nice game to play with a friend or two. I guess I play mostly for the community and funny experiences... But if the real server is anything like the one I'm playing on, it's definitely not worth the $15 a month sub. Though I wouldn't mind buying it and playing free / legally like GuildWars did.

I really doubt a private server has all the features of a real one. Nor the pvp experiences. I played until level 48 and 6 months and then gave up because my legion fell apart due to the leader getting hacked. The pvp is really fun but you have to suffer through a lot of ganking to get to the good stuff.

I really doubt a private server has all the features of a real one. Nor the pvp experiences. I played until level 48 and 6 months and then gave up because my legion fell apart due to the leader getting hacked. The pvp is really fun but you have to suffer through a lot of ganking to get to the good stuff.

There's quite a lot of PVP on this server. Just today 50+ asmos were in front of a little village in Heiron. Huge battle! PVP sucks when you're mid level... But hopefully it'll get good once I can actually stand a chance against the other players. (Lvl 41 Chanter and 40 Templar, only with rental blue gear lol).

Aion is a good game, sure it has its faults with the ganking and such but outside of that its a great game. Its just not for people who came from WoW who expect to kill 3 things and hit max level. You have to truely earn your levels in Aion which is a good thing. The is really no grind until the 40s. Most that complain about it before then just never bothered to look for quests. I pretty much quested from levels 1-43. After that point the xp from the quests just werent worth the time but then the 1.9 update came and made them finally worth while. I have 3 expert crafters and working on a 4th right now. My highest character now is 47 but all my other alts are from range 16 to 34. Had I not stopped my leveling to focus more on crafting I would have had several lvl 50s by now. The crafting system is what draws me to the game because all the instances have super retardely low drop rates on items so I just craft my gold gear instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Aion is a PVP game... expect ganking. I prefer Aion to WoW. I started out with WoW.. played Aion.. went back to WoW due to lack of content.. and found I was spoiled by Aion. Now I am back playing Aion.

Aion just needs more members and content. And just like you stated, I'm sure what will help that is a trial. They are about to merge servers because of the population issue. Most of the worthy quests require groups and you have a hard time finding groups because of the low population. At that point you find yourself grinding.

I love the graphics, the structure, and the techniques and strategy you have to use in battles.

Like the previous post: Aion is a great game, it just needs to grow as the game is not even a year old yet. They will introduce more content and the community will grow....

Vanquish - Marchutan

I'm currently playing this as my main MMO instead of WoW. My only concern is that it's going to take a lot more of my time than WoW to get anything done. However I am loving it so far, I'm a level 24 Elyos cleric on Spatalos EU and I honestly think that so far my levelling experience has been so much better than WoWs levelling experience.

Overall so far I give Aion a (Y)

I was determined to get this when it came out, but got sidetracked by WoW and forgot about it. It looks cool, but I've heard so many bad things about it that I'm reluctant to buy it. I'm so stoked about Cataclysm that I don't think I'll get it anytime soon, either. It's hard to break an addiction to a game you've played for five years (WoW). Sorry, Aion.

Aion: good graphics, great crafting, fun combat, boring quests, unrelenting grind, unbalanced PvP, gankfest.

Aion: good graphics, great crafting, fun combat, boring quests, unrelenting grind, unbalanced PvP, gankfest.

Haven't had any grind or boring quests yet. I think 1.9 added a ton of new quests and eliminated the grind.

Haven't had any grind or boring quests yet. I think 1.9 added a ton of new quests and eliminated the grind.

By eliminated you mean...? The level grind was one thing, but getting weapons and armor is an entirely different matter. That's the part I got fed up with. Got to level 48 and burnt out on platinum coin quests.. maybe the 1.9 patch has changed some of that. :wacko:

Be eliminated you mean...? The level grind was one thing, but getting weapons and armor is an entirely different matter. That's the part I got fed up with. Got to level 48 and burnt out on platinum coin quests.. maybe the 1.9 patch has changed some of that. :wacko:

Be eliminated? I don't understand what you mean. My sentence made sense =\

By eliminated... sorry typo. I'm asking you what you mean by "new quests and eliminated the grind", because there is the level grind, and then there is the AP and weapons/armor grind. Two different kinds of grind.

By eliminated... sorry typo. I'm asking you what you mean by "new quests and eliminated the grind", because there is the level grind, and then there is the AP and weapons/armor grind. Two different kinds of grind.

To be honest being relatively new to the game and still levelling I don't think I'm really qualified to answer your question correctly. Hopefully someone whose a regular high level player will answer. The only thing I've seen was the ability to rent armour and weapons but I might have been imagining that :p

So you don't have a character above level 45 and you're saying the grind is eliminated? I'm not trying to get on your case but as you said... you can hardly speak from experience.

Don't get me wrong, I like Aion, but I haven't played in months so I'm curious about how the 1.9 patch changed things.

Eh, I loved Aion when I was in the Betas. Since closed beta 1. I pre-ordered the Collectors Edition and everything. This was how I got my wife in to MMO's. She loved Aion as well, it was "pretty" Then came closed beta 4, we played ... it ended. I was hooked, this was my first MMO. I had to get something for my fix. I bought WoW and haven't looked back. My wife continued to play until official launch of Aion, but then she started getting frustrated with it once she hit level 32, she said it took ages to level now, she felt like all she was doing was killing and killing and killing some more ... total grindfest is what I thought. We now both play WoW.

To me, WoW is just more fun. From a graphics view, Aion wins hands down, but from a funness level, WoW will be champ in my book for a while.