Transformers: War for Cybertron

Got it today for only 39.99 (CAD) at Futureshop =D

Everyone in Canada get it in the next 2 days to get the 39.99 promo price!

Got it today for only 39.99 (CAD) at Futureshop =D

Everyone in Canada get it in the next 2 days to get the 39.99 promo price!

My brother already picked it up at a local Futureshop for $39.99 as well. :D

Loving it so far as well. I 2nd that on the 30fps cap. I will be looking to see if i can unlock it somehow. It does use the unreal engine if that helps anyone. The game is a must for old school Transformers fans. This is the game you've been waiting for.

Played some more MP. Conquest is really fun, I got my Leader class to rank 8 now and dominating with it. I'm pleasantly surprised with the game. Although there isn't to many people playing online right now, which kind of sucks, but as word spreads I'm sure there will be more and more. We're looking at the sleeper hit of the summer as far as games go, I think.

To those that are saying they want to wait for the price to come down a bit... don't, get it now! It's worth it despite the limitations of the pc version.

Picked this up last night and played through the first level of the Autobot story. Loving it so far. Fan service is definitely there. I'll be picking up another copy so I can co-op with my brother.

So this game actually sticks closer to the Gen1 (Sunbow/Hasbro animated original in NA) version? Where Megatron wasn't below teaming up with Optimus Prime to stop one of Starscream's (or the Insecticons, even) plots-gone-wrong? (While Megatron *could* be quite evil, he would every so often show that honorable streak that would make you not hate him as much; then instead of blowing him up and melting the carcass, you merely want to lock him up. Reminded me a *lot* of Magneto; dark, evil, but not completely beyond redemption. He's the sort of "enemy" the anti-death-penalty folks love to trot out; however, this sort of *bad guy* is seldom found on Death Row on the prisons of the planet, let alone the US.)

If that's the case, then it would indeed be worth a purchase, especially for PC.

I have played through the first four chapters of the decepticon campaign with the final chapter left and I have not really seen Megatron do any teaming with Optimus prime per se. There was one point where Starcream thought Megatron was dead so he tried to take over the decepticons and Megatron vowed he would destroy Starscream. The overall campaign has alot of that 80s and 90s style corny/cheesy dialouge from the tv series. But it fits for this game, and makes the overall experience better. So far the campaign has been awesome and a ton of fun, I can only imagine co-op would be even better.

I have played through the first four chapters of the decepticon campaign with the final chapter left and I have not really seen Megatron do any teaming with Optimus prime per se. There was one point where Starcream thought Megatron was dead so he tried to take over the decepticons and Megatron vowed he would destroy Starscream. The overall campaign has alot of that 80s and 90s style corny/cheesy dialouge from the tv series. But it fits for this game, and makes the overall experience better. So far the campaign has been awesome and a ton of fun, I can only imagine co-op would be even better.

I was referring to the Gen1 episodes shown in the US. He teamed with the Autobots twice: once against the Insecticons, and once to stop one of Starscream's plots. That was the thing with Megatron - you couldn't pigeonhole him into the *truly unspeakably horribly evil* category. However, given that WFC is *not* set on Earth, there are likely no Insecticons.

Here's the sixty-four energon-cube question, though; are either Optimus Prime *or* Megatron (better yet, both) playable characters? (For example, if Megatron were playable, you could very well have him go against the Starscream-led Decepticons, with or without Autobot assistance; I would think that at some point Megatron would tire of getting a Starscream null-ray fired into his backside every so often, and of the rest of the Decepticons going along with it.)

Each chapter has 3 selectable charaters. So if you are playing the Decepticon campaign, you can choose from one of 3 decepticons. Same goes if you are playing the autobot campaign. Depending on the chapter is what determines which 3 characters you can choose from. And yes you can play as Megatron and Optimus Prime in their resepective campaigns or in escalation mode. However in multiplayer you do not play as any character but rather a class with customizable chassis' and paintjobs.

As for leading against the starscream led decepticons no, Megatron resurfaces during the same mission and starscream reluctantly is forced to take orders from him again.

The Wiki page for WFC has a list of characters that make an appearance in the game. Not all are playable though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_for_Cybertron

I've only played the first bit of the campaign and am definitely noticing that there is a limited amount of ammo on easy mode.... just enough :) Is there a way to switch between the powerups or does getting the transformers item simply recharge it? It would have been nice if I could zoom out a little.

So its a bad PC port and a dumb down Wii version by another studio.... (N)

Ill wait until it is cheap on the PC if they fix some of the issues for the PC version.

Loving the game so far on 360, play as the scout mostly and seem to hold my ground nicely.

I've only played the first bit of the campaign and am definitely noticing that there is a limited amount of ammo on easy mode.... just enough :) Is there a way to switch between the powerups or does getting the transformers item simply recharge it? It would have been nice if I could zoom out a little.

Also there are ammo packs, ammo boxes, health pack, and weapons/weapon boxes scattered throughout the levels. Usually ammo and health are found at the beginning and end of certain sections of the level where enemies appear. Occasionally you will find items inbetween as well.

And a tip for weapon spawns, alot of the time cetain weapons are placed intentionally as they are meant for the enemies you are about to encounter. Such as the thermo rocket launcher. You can usually find it near where flying enemies spawn. It has a vehicle lock on capability and can easily take out anything in the air. Turrets usually mean large numbers of enemies or enemies with alot of health.

Does anyone have this for PS3? I'm curious about the MP and if a lot of people are online playing it. Looks interesting, but I'm not sure this is what I want to get.

Does anyone have this for PS3? I'm curious about the MP and if a lot of people are online playing it. Looks interesting, but I'm not sure this is what I want to get.

My brother has for the PS3 and the MP looks "active". He plays at odd times and joins games pretty quickly.

My brother has for the PS3 and the MP looks "active". He plays at odd times and joins games pretty quickly.

Good deal, thanks for the information. I'll have to run to gamestop and see if they have a copy in stock...

I do, the MP is amazing. Some really good modes and tons of active players. I don't notice any lag however I do get timed out sometimes.