Transformers: War for Cybertron

Brutes? Melee them in the back 3 times and they should go down. I often run up behind one of my friendly AI and double jump over the Brute, 18 in the air and melee as I'm coming down.

I just want to add to that the use of common sense, that is, don't refill/resupply your ammo until you're close to running out ;)

Agreed, you may as well shoot into the air rather than shoot at a Brute. Run at them, jump + 180 over their head, melee, melee, cheese it. Rinse + repeat.

Melee'ing ariel bots and seekers by boost jumping in vehicle form is win.

I swear I am missing something in this game. You guys are all loving it to the point where you are all nearly jizzing on your keyboards. I at most find it ok to play, great distraction, sprinkled with fun.

Is it because I wasn't a Transformers fan as a kid?

Not saying I agree with GS, but one IGN SO reviewer compared this to B:AA! No chance!

Ahhh, good tip. Thanks.

I am going to stick to it thought, because it is fun to play. And it's robots duh! :D

I played on medium the entire game except for two occasions where I died 5 time sin a row and said "**** it." Drop down to easy in those cases and any frustration disappears. As for B:AA, I thought they were comparing it to that in the sense of a sleeper hit like B:AA was...? Either way, it may not be an amazing game, but even if you weren't a Transformers fan you should still enjoy the story and gameplay.

Agreed, you may as well shoot into the air rather than shoot at a Brute. Run at them, jump + 180 over their head, melee, melee, cheese it. Rinse + repeat.

Melee'ing ariel bots and seekers by boost jumping in vehicle form is win.

I think I found the most satisfaction with the game when doing just that. There's something awesome about transforming out of vehicle mode, about 25 feet in the air, and sweeping down with a melee attack (especially with Optimus) that's extremely satisfying :D

Finished the single player game on the pc and I liked it a lot. Since there are only 600 people online atm, does this mean that console players can't play pc players? Is the whole online experience not combined?

btw my in game name is Sydero... if you want anyone wants to add me.

Finished the single player game on the pc and I liked it a lot. Since there are only 600 people online atm, does this mean that console players can't play pc players? Is the whole online experience not combined?

btw my in game name is Sydero... if you want anyone wants to add me.

Console players cannot play against PC players. Only one or two games have ever allowed or tried letting the two play and there was always issues of balancing etc. So it is indeed not done and in fact extremely rare. Shadowrun is actually the only game I recall trying it.

Console players cannot play against PC players. Only one or two games have ever allowed or tried letting the two play and there was always issues of balancing etc. So it is indeed not done and in fact extremely rare. Shadowrun is actually the only game I recall trying it.

Universe at War is the only other PC--360 I can think of.

Double XP weekend is upon us as rumored.

Already up to lvl15 on my Scout, already heard the complaints from too much X12 use!

Lost Planet: Colonies Edition has cross-plat play also. So does a version of Uno if I remember correctly.

So we have Lost Planet: CE, Universe at War and Shadowrun as really the only games that have/support cross-platform MP. Shadowrun is the only one out of that group that has a decent online population at this point (it's surprisingly popular actually).

Transformers here would have been awesome fun if it had cross-plat play, but it's just way to rare to have it as it is.

Finished up both sides of the game today on normal playing as Megatron and Prime. I'm going to go back through the game as other characters now. Glad technology has finally realized my childhood, I was a big into Transformers as a kid (In 30's now).

Been playing some more over the weekend. And while it is good fun it just feels like if you've done one mission you've done them all. I think me not being a huge fan of the series worked to the games disadvantage.

And to be honest some parts of the game felt like a chore. Which reflects on my progress. I've only just completed the first chapter of the baddie campaign (the one where you get a new recruit). This to me speaks volumes as I normally blast through games.

Been playing some more over the weekend. And while it is good fun it just feels like if you've done one mission you've done them all. I think me not being a huge fan of the series worked to the games disadvantage.

And to be honest some parts of the game felt like a chore. Which reflects on my progress. I've only just completed the first chapter of the baddie campaign (the one where you get a new recruit). This to me speaks volumes as I normally blast through games.

Well the first chapter is different from the rest.... so just wait before judging :shifty:

I've noticed a lot today it's saying the host has quit in the middle of the game screwing up everything.... they need to force the host to remain or add a severe penalty if they leave. Or.... they could just allow users to create dedicated servers...

Apparently people were selling the pre order dlc codes to get extra skins for multiplayer for hundreds on ebay and the first dlc for the game is going to be those skins. I find that funny. This was advertised in Steam so does that mean pc players will get that dlc or no?

And I'm disappointed that the only two game modes people seem to play on the pc version at least are Team Deathmatch and Conquest. I haven't even been able to try any of the other modes out yet.

The DLC code only added "Destroyer" aka Megatron to the Decepticon Soldier class for me.