Opera 10.60 Final!

Opera 10.60 has been released today! Opera 10.60 is based on a brand new version of Opera's rendering engine, Presto 2.6.30 and includes support for several new web technologies, such as Geolocation, Web Workers and Offline Applications. In addition Opera 10.60 is the first final browser that has support for the high quality video format WebM.

During the development of Opera 10.60 we also focused on stability, performance and alignment of all platforms. 10.60 has notably improved Javascript and DOM performance, and since 10.54 almost a thousand bugs have been fixed. Unix users can now also enjoy a final version of Opera with the speed of the new Javascript engine Carakan, and other features that have been introduced in 10.50 and 10.60.

We'd like to thank everyone for testing the snapshots, reporting bugs, and giving us other feedback. Stay tuned on this blog for more Presto updates!

Download Opera 10.60

I like the new way Speed Dial is shown (the page previews are no longer semi-transparent, the edges are)

Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; U; en) Presto/2.6.30 Version/10.60

Just got auto-updated with it and it looks good ;) Anyone knows whether it is possible to disable the "Menu" text on the menu button in the left top corner?

Just got auto-updated with it and it looks good ;) Anyone knows whether it is possible to disable the "Menu" text on the menu button in the left top corner?

right click it, customize, appearence, on the style dropdown select "images only"

• Like 2

Sweet Jesus, what a fast browser! This might actually be better than Safari for me! Kudos to the Opera team!

Oh, and no rendering issues anymore either!

Does anyone know how to change the cursor for selecting text on Opera? Instead of showing the select text cursor it shows the arrow.

Meh, still no possibility of blocking e.g. div tags in their "Block Content" thing :( only images

Hold your horses! You CAN block all elements using styles and the display:none tag, even though it requires a little bit more work.

A tip is to simplify it a bit and DL a pretty much complete set of blocked elements from http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/opera/ If you want to make it easy for yourself (easier to disable it anyway), don't follow the load instructions provided. Instead, follow theese:

(i'm using a foreign languaged mui, so bear with me)

1. DL the optimized filter to C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\styles\user\

2. Open up Opera

3. Click Opera Menu button --> Site/Page (second line anyway) --> Styles --> fanboy-adblocklist-elements-v3.css (if you didn't rename it)

If you want to block site specific elements (for example the X, Y and Z): create a new file, block the element by typing #X, #Y, #Z {display:none !important;} or .X, .Y, .Z {display:none !important;} for #IDs and .CLASSes resepectively and save, preferably in the folder mentioned above.

In Opera:

4. Right click anywhere on the page and choose "Site specific preferences"

5. In the Styles tab (the fourth tab) browse to your file and click OK.

If you want to temporarily activate the style, or if you want to use multiple styles at the same time (yes, it is very much possible) go to Menu button --> Site/Page (second line anyway) --> Styles --> and click your style.

(psst, if you haven't already, find out the divs definitions by right clicking the element and choose Inspect Element)

• Like 1

To the OP, thanks for the heads up!

As for the smiley issue, I don't get it in the 64-bit version of Opera for Linux.

Another thing, it's nice that Opera have got their Linux versions back on track with their other versions. I got a bit frustrated when they never did release a final version of 10.5 for Linux, and I was curious about Chrome/Chromium, so I've been using Chromium since then. But I've now installed the new Opera. It looks good. Maybe I'll come back! :)

I would like Opera. But it looks like crap on my Linux box. Well at least in the menus and dialogues.

Which Linux are you using? I have Ubuntu Lucid and it looks slick and clean.

I would like Opera. But it looks like crap on my Linux box. Well at least in the menus and dialogues.

I dunno, looks pretty satisfactory if you ask me.

post-337564-12780387715507.jpg

Even though I'm a hardcore Firefox person and I'd never ditch it for anything else, I've got to say, Opera is damn fast. Blew all my expectations out of the water when I tried it.