Opera 10.60 Final!

I've actually been using opera unite a lot lately to play music on my laptop from my desktop when I am not at home. Its a hell of a lot better than orb for playing music IMO. The gui is nicer and a lot more responsive.

that thing is fugly, makes IE look good

Opera and IE both actually look very nice in win7/vista. Opera doesn't look very good at all in linux though.

I like and use IE in Win7, but compared to the latest firefox pics I saw earlier this week they both look ordinary but Opera more so. Each to their own though as I said I mainly use IE so my views are probably antiquated :p

The firefox 4.0 mockups are nice, but in the state its in right now it looks pretty atrocious. especially inactive tabs + the new tab button... And the firefox 4 gui redesign looks pretty similar to opera anyway, and they both get a lot of influence from the chrome gui.

If opera just had native menus it would look perfect in windows IMO. But requests for native menus seem to fall on deaf ears.

Count me in as an impressed Opera user.

It's a very fast browser, and as I mentioned in the other Opera thread, the smooth scrolling is unmatched. (Y)

Yeah, as I said, I'm EXTREMELY impressed with Opera, and it's my backup browser for Firefox. If they ever allow me to force Opera to render ALL pages in Calibri, and they bring about support for a real third-party adblocker (yes, I know about fanboy's list, but it's too much of a process for me), I'd switch in a heartbeat.

That's your font issue fixed .

Is there a way to disable the opera menu button? Or better , to shift the tabs in line with the menu button? That's some wasted space .

post-334324-12781507027321.png

That's your font issue fixed .

Is there a way to disable the opera menu button? Or better , to shift the tabs in line with the menu button? That's some wasted space .

No, I know that, but pages can still pick to render in their own fonts (like Google). Firefox has the checkbox that says "Allow pages to choose their own fonts", which I naturally uncheck.

No, I know that, but pages can still pick to render in their own fonts (like Google). Firefox has the checkbox that says "Allow pages to choose their own fonts", which I naturally uncheck.

Create a global userstyle like this in /Opera/styles/user.css: (Should be the style that's used by default, but I think you need to create the file. Otherwise just specify a css file in Preferences > Advanced > Content > Style options.)

* { font: calibri !important; }

It should change every font on every website to calibri.

Yeah, as I said, I'm EXTREMELY impressed with Opera, and it's my backup browser for Firefox. If they ever allow me to force Opera to render ALL pages in Calibri, and they bring about support for a real third-party adblocker (yes, I know about fanboy's list, but it's too much of a process for me), I'd switch in a heartbeat.

It is slightly harder than installing adblock in firefox, true. But its really not much of a process to stick a file in your appdata folder. I haven't even updated mine for months and still dont see ads.

If opera just had native menus it would look perfect in windows IMO. But requests for native menus seem to fall on deaf ears.

What do you mean by "native menus"? You can disable the Opera menu button by clicking the button and clicking "Display menu"

What do you mean by "native menus"? You can disable the Opera menu button by clicking the button and clicking "Display menu"

In vista and windows 7 the menus themselves don't look native like they are in fx/ie/chrome.

post-159052-12781655584219.png

post-159052-12781655649689.png

right click the menu button > customize > in placement thing , select Off

Quick question. In Chrome and Opera there's a small gap between the top of the screen and the tabs. When Chrome is maximized if you click in that space or at the edge of your screen above a tab you select the tab and you move it around. However when Opera is maximized this doesn't work; your mouse must be right on the tabs. Is there a way to make Opera work like Chrome in this way? See

Firefox 4 design video just through 6:02 to see what I mean.

Quick question. In Chrome and Opera there's a small gap between the top of the screen and the tabs. When Chrome is maximized if you click in that space or at the edge of your screen above a tab you select the tab and you move it around. However when Opera is maximized this doesn't work; your mouse must be right on the tabs. Is there a way to make Opera work like Chrome in this way? See

Firefox 4 design video just through 6:02 to see what I mean.

The space is there at the top for people to quickly unmaximize the window by dragging it down, but if you want it like Chrome you can :p

Type opera:config in the address bar, expand user prefs, and change "Chrome Integration Drag Area Maximized" to 0, scroll down and save, and then restart Opera. (technically it removes the gap when maximized, but it solves your issue)