Opera 10.60 Final!

Oh nice shiny looking browser. Like the changes vast improvement over the last build... I am just wondering how many updates there will be in this version? :whistle:

The space is there at the top for people to quickly unmaximize the window by dragging it down, but if you want it like Chrome you can :p

Type opera:config in the address bar, expand user prefs, and change "Chrome Integration Drag Area Maximized" to 0, scroll down and save, and then restart Opera. (technically it removes the gap when maximized, but it solves your issue)

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it seems I still can't get the tabs to line right up against the top of the screen; there's still a little space there, enough so that I can't select a tab when my mouse is at the screen's edge. What am I doing wrong? See attached. I can increase the space's size to 10 so I know I am at least saving the setting correctly.

post-280260-12781989922922.png

Oh nice shiny looking browser. Like the changes vast improvement over the last build... I am just wondering how many updates there will be in this version???:whistle:

Opera rarely goes for more than 6 increments (correct?). A .7 version have never happened as far as I can remember. Sure there will be security updates like 10.61+, but now they should be focusing on Opera 11. Which might get here by the end of the year (alfa) or early next year.

Shame it still doesn't work with some sites. Me.com for example. Can't render anything on it well at all. Even IE8 can do that.

If you click continue it seems to work fine. I don't notice anything rendered oddly

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it seems I still can't get the tabs to line right up against the top of the screen; there's still a little space there, enough so that I can't select a tab when my mouse is at the screen's edge. What am I doing wrong? See attached. I can increase the space's size to 10 so I know I am at least saving the setting correctly.

Another way to achieve what you want is use a different skin that doesn't have that gap. For instance, this one looks just like the default skin but has no gap above the tabs.

Alternatively, if you like the way Chrome looks, try this skin. Looks similar to Chrome and also has no top tab gap, as you want it.

I haven't used Opera since my Windows days (06), glad to see they're still rocking. I just downloaded 10.60 on my Debian Linux machine, and I'm loving it. Quite faster than FF*. (Y)

*this is on my machine. Results may vary.

I haven't used Opera since my Windows days (06), glad to see they're still rocking. I just downloaded 10.60 on my Debian Linux machine, and I'm loving it. Quite faster than FF*. (Y)

*this is on my machine. Results may vary.

Pertty much every browser is faster than the linux version of fx :laugh:

Another way to achieve what you want is use a different skin that doesn't have that gap. For instance, this one looks just like the default skin but has no gap above the tabs.

Alternatively, if you like the way Chrome looks, try this skin. Looks similar to Chrome and also has no top tab gap, as you want it.

Thank you very much! It works beautifully.

that thing is fugly, makes IE look good

You'll really hate Chrome and Firefox 4, then :(

Shame it still doesn't work with some sites. Me.com for example. Can't render anything on it well at all. Even IE8 can do that.

Looks like they are blocking Opera, though... I got a big, fat "We recommend the following browsers" screen. So browser sniffing galore!

What isn't working, though?

*Insert usual moan about extensions*

:p

Nice to see this browser getting better but personally I cannot live without extensions.

Looks like they are blocking Opera, though... I got a big, fat "We recommend the following browsers" screen. So browser sniffing galore!

What isn't working, though?

Same, it works fine here but the developers seem to favor other browsers which is the only "non-working" part of the site (in that, the site works fine, the developers do not).

Nice to see this browser getting better but personally I cannot live without extensions.

Maybe its just me, but I have never seen a FF extension that was just so good it made FF better than Opera....most things people do with extensions in FF can be done out of the box with Opera, not trying to start an argument, just saying that FF has no extensions that I personally need when compared to Operas out-of-the-box features.

Same, it works fine here but the developers seem to favor other browsers which is the only "non-working" part of the site (in that, the site works fine, the developers do not).

Maybe its just me, but I have never seen a FF extension that was just so good it made FF better than Opera....most things people do with extensions in FF can be done out of the box with Opera, not trying to start an argument, just saying that FF has no extensions that I personally need when compared to Operas out-of-the-box features.

I use Chrome and there's a few scripts/extensions I can't live without.

Not many I'll give you that, but every time I try Opera I miss them.

As I'm not a browser fanboy (I couldn't care less what I use), functionality that's useful for me personally comes over anything else.

Pertty much every browser is faster than the linux version of fx :laugh:

You have a good point. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

ad block plus

ad block plus

You do realize opera has adblock out of the box? You just have to download a filter and you block ads just like ff.

Keyword (in Search Engine) doesnt work... Pretty bad, because in 9.x was working and since 10 this (good) feature isnt working

They work fine here...

You do realize opera has adblock out of the box? You just have to download a filter and you block ads just like ff.

excuse my ignorance here... but does it actually block them before loading or after (like chrome add-on)?

tbh... I'm on a 1080 tv and I must have 150% size everything and opera just looks silly that way. that and the fact that I bumped into a couple of my fav sites that rendered some objects wrong.

other than that, pretty neat browser with neat features out of the box. fast too.

excuse my ignorance here... but does it actually block them before loading or after (like chrome add-on)?

tbh... I'm on a 1080 tv and I must have 150% size everything and opera just looks silly that way. that and the fact that I bumped into a couple of my fav sites that rendered some objects wrong.

other than that, pretty neat browser with neat features out of the box. fast too.

It blocks them from loading.

I am Opera fan, I really am. But it is true that Opera needs extensions, desperately.

In the meanwhile, can anyone tell me how to sync passwords (the solution should preferably work across platforms).

It's obviously not good if you have multiple OSs installed on your computer. Worse still, copy+pasting wand.dat also doesn't work, if there is a master password.

Roboform was testing an adaptor for Opera, but Roboform isn't available on Linux, isnt it?

(Copy pasting passwords one by one isn't exactly a brilliant solution, and once again shows the limitations of not having extensions).