[WC2010] Semifinals: Uruguay vs Netherlands (Match 61)

41 members have voted

1. 1. Uruguay or Netherlands?

• Uruguay
    • Netherlands
  2. 2. How many goals will Uruguay score?

• 5+
  3. 3. How many goals will the Netherlands score?

• 5+

Not sure what commentary everyone is getting globally, but the English commentator here in Canada on CBC said "The referee says keep playing, he is enjoying himself!" :laugh:

I don't know much about football, but I thought that since he was in the field of vision of the goalie (being part of the play) that counted as offside.Oh wells, nice game the Dutch.

It should, but it's not the first time referees make bad calls on this world cup. Good game. I thought Uruguay played well, Netherlands could do with less diving.

He blocked the goalie's view. He should've been considered active.

The Netherlands got damn lucky. No way they're beating the winner of the Spain-Germany match unless they draw yellow cards to every player with their damn acting.

Dude, what are you saying :unsure:. Spain barely made it to where they are against Paraguay...Netherlands will have an easy game if Spain gets past Germany :sleep:

Even the octopus didnt see this one coming :rofl: he predicted the Dutch would lose..

Dude, what are you saying :unsure:. Spain barely made it to where they are against Paraguay...Netherlands will have an easy game if Spain gets past Germany :sleep:

+1 and if Dutch are acting for yellows then they are amateurs at it.. they will learn a lot from Spain in that field if they play them in the final.. laugh.gif

1277496422531i1sy.gif

I doubt Germany would've faired much better against a staunch defense like Paraguay's.

So far, Germany has gotten some pretty easy teams with awful defenses.

Even the octopus didnt see this one coming :rofl: he predicted the Dutch would lose..

+1 and if Dutch are acting for yellows then they are amateurs at it.. they will learn a lot from Spain in that field if they play them in the final.. laugh.gif

Looks like he had a stroke mid-run :rofl:

Looks like he had a stroke mid-run :rofl:

I love the reaction of the Chilean player.. he is completely calm like he's thinking.. so he's diving again.. what else is new? sleeping.gif

So happy Ghana could not play in the World Cup semi-final.

Everyone knew they wouldn't, but they should have played against the Netherlands today.

But I'm equally happy to know that the cheating team of Uruguay did not get past the orange wall of the Netherlands.

So happy Ghana could not play in the World Cup semi-final.

I would have rather seen Ghana advance than Uruguay :rolleyes:

Well they're in the final. Very cool. Won't beat Germany though. But still, happy times. :D

Best part for me was after the match, an interview with De Jong, to which Van Der Vaart and Sneijder came in the room, and started joking around. Sneijder sat on the interviewer's lap. Hilarious and heartwarming to see the guys having fun.

Sneijder hasn't been "epic awesome". But Uruguay are missing their first choice center backs, so probably a 2-1 for Holland then.

Oh right I forgot that he pretty much beat Brazil by himself. No biggie.