Outlook 2010 - Hotmail Account

Question

Trying to access my hotmail account from the new released Outlook 2010 .. but seems I'm missing something, any details?

Also, Yahoo offers free access from outlook as the others do?

Thanks for support.

post-18459-12784383633457.png

7 answers to this question

Didn't know that POP3 and SMTP worked with Hotmail. I thought that you needed to change the dropdown from pop3 to something else. It used to say webdav, but probably has something else now.

without it it's impossible ? (beta)

recheck : yahoo access is free now ?

I believe both are free to access via an email client now, but Hotmail has their fancy little Connector which works really well (personal opinion). I do like the new beta one over the stable release, I've never had a problem with either though.

The beta offers some views that are really helpful (all emails either to or from a person) that can easily be turned off when not needed.

I don't have an install of Outlook that I can test on to see if it is impossible without it though. Sorry.

thanks zeke009 for quick support.

tried to configure outlook for my yahoo account using these settings but I'm still missing something ;) .. any other quides are welcome .

post-18459-12784401809122.png

I was wrong, Yahoo still requires a subscription to Yahoo Plus apparently.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100705170335AAA6Ha3

In order to use a separate email program, such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Thunderbird, with Yahoo Mail you need POP3. It is also needed when using any program or right clicking on a file to directly send email. It is free in the UK, AU, and NZ but in the US you must pay for Yahoo Mail Plus. It is also required when you try to transfer the mail using smtp or pop3 to another online email. When you do you can set the servers as follows:

Here is a tricky way of getting Yahoo mail in Outlook without POP3 access.

http://www.lytebyte.com/2008/02/22/how-to-access-yahoo-mail-and-messenger-inside-ms-outlook-2007-without-pop3/