When 8 GIG of ram is not enough for a desktop.

Agreed Windows 7 should have 45 process running, the extra 60-70 I bet is the reason... clean up your running programs.

It like you installed every popular program since 1995, ;)

Just joking around but seriously clean up the programs

Yep, I only have 60 processes and that's using 1.92GB of RAM out of 6.

That "error/warning" message comes up because of the small pagefile. Just let Windows manage it, don't tweak anything.

Also kill half the processes...

963291023t.jpg

Even with my 12gb its no where near as bad as OPs :o

I think someone else said hes just trolling with a million different applications open.

Gunna open everything I can and see what RAM I hit...

LOL with all the crap I got opened I can't do a print screen :(

But as I type this, i got...

Chrome with about 50 tabs

Windows Explorer

VLC Player

Quicktime

Photoshop CS5 + 50mb file loaded

Maya 2010 with high polygon model

iTunes

ALL the CS5 suite programs loaded

calc, notepad, media player

utorrent

messenger beta 2010

kaspersky 2011

Sitting on 6.10 GB

sooo yeah, WTF does OP have loaded?!

post-342470-12794448699551.jpg

Take a look at your memory meter......

Clearly something supernatural is occurring here. :devil:

Yup I agree. His comp is haunted.

That message only shows if you disable the pagefile afaik, is there a reason you've disabled it?

I've hit 11GB used (out of 12GB) quite a few times and I've never seen any warnings like that.

On the other end of the spectrum, I'm installing Visual Studio 2008, listening to music, have word and firefox open, and am playing WoW...

With just 2gb of RAM. And I'm only using 67% of it :blink:

I can get into this situation when opening a few app like matlab with a large image for analysis and run a trajectory on a materials studio file and have two virtual machines running in vmware (each 2Gb Ram and 2 processors - OSX and XP). But... why in the world would I do that ...

core i7 920 with 9Gb Ram

Hmm unusual. I myself regret getting 8GB of RAM. I should've got 4GB as I don't utilize 4GB itself. I'm usually between 1-2.5GB of RAM usage.

Wow: I opened Firefox and Chrome with all my bookmarks (40+), opened 2 VM (both Ubuntu 10.04 w/ 2GB of RAM), 7 games (Crysis, NFS Shift, Dirt 2, Killing Floor, Borderlands, Stalker Clear Sky, Bioshock 2) and I'm only at 4GB of usage, 94 processes. Damn, the Core i7 is very smooth too, no lag at all :D

Hmm unusual. I myself regret getting 8GB of RAM. I should've got 4GB as I don't utilize 4GB itself. I'm usually between 1-2.5GB of RAM usage.

Wow: I opened Firefox and Chrome with all my bookmarks (40+), opened 2 VM (both Ubuntu 10.04 w/ 2GB of RAM), 7 games (Crysis, NFS Shift, Dirt 2, Killing Floor, Borderlands, Stalker Clear Sky, Bioshock 2) and I'm only at 4GB of usage, 94 processes. Damn, the Core i7 is very smooth too, no lag at all :D

I'd gladly accept your extra 4GB of ram. I'm on 4GB now and it seems like I should've bought 8. Let me know if you'd be serious about selling it ;)

I'd gladly accept your extra 4GB of ram. I'm on 4GB now and it seems like I should've bought 8. Let me know if you'd be serious about selling it ;)

I had many opportunities to sell the RAM to my friends, but I opted not to. I've had this build for about 10 months now, and this build is going to be a long term build (I regret the 8GB for now, but it'll help in a few years from now), so I'm probably going to stick with my 8GB for now. Sorry! Good luck on getting more RAM! :) The prices have skyrocketed since I bought this kit!

I have 6 gigs of ram and I never use all of it. Although for a while I did have 106 processes. I too have VMware and a bunch of other stuff. Cleaned out some startup items now i'm sitting study at 90

I would say he already is running a 64-bit OS, as the OS is using more than 4GB RAM.

it doesnt look like it. only total is said 8, but look at the cached, available values