Best CRT monitor?

Im looking to replace a CRT display. I heard Dell makes pretty good ones but dont know any model or anything. Lets keep it above 17" and below say 20"/

Curious; why do you need a CRT monitor? Why wont a LCD work for you?

I was want to buy a CRT monitor :)

Ill be looking into those brands/models. Thank you.

Hmm I cant seem to find a webpage for the models listed....

I was want to buy a CRT monitor :)

Ill be looking into those brands/models. Thank you.

Hmm I cant seem to find a webpage for the models listed....

Could be that no sane company sells them anymore

Could be that no sane company sells them anymore

Yeah, I have to think this thread is either:

1.) a joke

2.) the 1st internet transmission sent from some remote tribe in Africa who just discovered what a computer is

3.) a simple riff in the space-time continuum, basically a pebble from boards of yesterday that took approximately 15 years to post to the server sent via an 800 baud modem.

4.) Just plain stupid

It cant be from someone not knowing these are relics from the past, a bygone era of obselescence - there is no way someone who knows how to type is not aware of the fact these dont exist.

It would be like going to the local gas station and having some guy ask for hay for his horse-drawn buggy.

There are those that still swear by CRT's, because supposedly a decent one will reproduce colours more faithfully than any flatscreen. Not sure if that still holds true these days though.

A lot of the CRT hardliners still are thinking LCDs are like they were many years ago. I would be hard pressed to see a CRT display out-color my 23" LG Flatron w2361vg, the colors on this thing are amazing.

Anyways, CRTs are not made anymore in any reasonable fashion. Maybe some cheapo ones for wal-mart, but that's about it. Nothing worth the while. It's best to just get a nice LCD instead, as to find a 'good' used CRT is probably going to be rather expensive since they're in demand by those crazy gamers who play CS all day on lowest settings possible in 800x600 trying to squeeze out every extra FPS they possibly can over 400 claiming it makes a huge difference beyond 60. >.>

I still use a CRT on my computer and I feel there's no need to change. It's a Samsung SyncMaster 753df and Ive been using it for probably about 8 years or more now and its still holding up great.

A lot of the CRT hardliners still are thinking LCDs are like they were many years ago. I would be hard pressed to see a CRT display out-color my 23" LG Flatron w2361vg, the colors on this thing are amazing.

Anyways, CRTs are not made anymore in any reasonable fashion. Maybe some cheapo ones for wal-mart, but that's about it. Nothing worth the while. It's best to just get a nice LCD instead, as to find a 'good' used CRT is probably going to be rather expensive since they're in demand by those crazy gamers who play CS all day on lowest settings possible in 800x600 trying to squeeze out every extra FPS they possibly can over 400 claiming it makes a huge difference beyond 60. >.>

I recall a discussion before where your LG flatron held no comparison to a crt i believe this conversation

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/912720-looking-for-a-replacement-crt/page__view__findpost__p__592798982

I recall a discussion before where your LG flatron held no comparison to a crt i believe this conversation

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/912720-looking-for-a-replacement-crt/page__view__findpost__p__592798982

Those people don't know what they are talking about. I am seeing a very vivid range of color on this screen, with bright whites to dark blacks and no ugly color banding or anything like earlier LCDs had. It's beautiful, I have yet to see a monitor produce better color (even those LED backlit ones I see at best buy, etc). Even my HDTV doesn't look as good as this.

If only I could get a 40"+ version of this exact display.. =p

Holy.. I thought someone revived a dead thread from 2004.... I looked at the OP date, then started a "What's the date........ no, the year! whats the year!" in my head....

In my opinion LG & Samsung both have good picture quality CRT monitors. But I have heard that this time both are not providing CRT?s, they are providing only LCD & TFT monitors. If you want to buy dell so I think Dell E772P, Dell M783p are good models.

All modern LCD monitors are TFT. TFT=LCD. The same thing.

All modern LCD monitors are TFT. TFT=LCD. The same thing.

TFT != LCD in all LCD screens, maybe on monitors but there are TONS of LCD's out there that are not TFT's in other devices

TFT != LCD in all LCD screens, maybe on monitors but there are TONS of LCD's out there that are not TFT's in other devices

He doesn't want to buy a wrist watch with crappy LCD screen but a monitor so that didn't need specifying.

Holy.. I thought someone revived a dead thread from 2004.... I looked at the OP date, then started a "What's the date........ no, the year! whats the year!" in my head....

i thought the same thing lol.

dont think you can buy a CRT monitor anymore. only an used one. plus CRT is a heavy brick. who would want that.

funny you brought that up because in cs 1.6 it actually is easier to hit other players on 800x600 than it is on higher resolutions. that being said those that still play cs 1.6 on their old hardware including CRT are hardly hardware nuts and definitely not getting 400 fps. indeed i'm pretty sure way back then the common conceptionwas that more than 30 fps was useless, and these days there's a growing number of gamers who believe that 120mhz/fps is the sweet spot. also CS was never optimal at lowest settings. medium settings ftw, as it dfidn't look much better on high to max.

anyways back on topic; OP, you should've hit me up a couple years ago when i still had my old CRT in storage. don't recall the specs but it was pretty much the pinnacle of CRT monitors in terms of being flat screened. but it was super heavy and a bitch to transport and took up huge amounts of desk top real estate.

i doubt you'll be able to find a NEW CRT anywhere. maybe go garage saling or check in pawn shops or something, but chances are they won't be well taken care of and be fairly low specced. if you found one on ebay or something the shipping charges would probably more than the sticker price due to weight and size.

If you REALLY want a CRT, you can try searching for a Samsung SyncMaster 997DF (a 19"). A good and durable one, that I gave away to my sister after I bought myself an LCD. But if you're looking for a quality display, CRT's are a no-no - the crispness tends to wear down with time.