[Dev Channel] Google Chrome 6.0.472.0 (for Linux and Windows)

Dev Channel Update

The Dev channel has been updated to 6.0.472.0 for Windows, Chrome Frame, and Linux. A Mac release will follow soon.

All

• [r52693] Fix crash with SSL client auth (Issue 49197)
  • [r52850] Option clicking a link now saves a resource directly without triggering a "Save As..." dialog (Issue 36775)

Mac

Linux

Known Issues

More details about additional changes are available in the svn log of all revisions.

You can find out about getting on the Dev channel here: http://dev.chromium....ved/dev-channel.

If you find new issues, please let us know by filing a bug at http://code.google.c...um/issues/entry

Jason Kersey

Google Chrome

Source: Google Chrome Release Blog

Direct Download Link to the Windows Build

Thanks a lot for the headsup :)

Thank god they fixed that download bug because I was really getting annoyed by it. Also, is it me or did the change the wrench icon? I only noticed it in this build that it looks different. It doesn't have the arrow next to it anymore and it's shape is somewhat different.

Edited by Capric0rn

^Great as it looks a lot better this way :) Now if only they'd clean up the other beauty mistakes in the toolbar, like the Stop/Reload button :p

^What I might add to that is that they've also messed up the icon colors on the toolbar. Then new wrench icon is a little bit more desaturated compared to the other icons. I can't believe they can't update the toolbar all in 1 devbuild :s

...still no stop botton fix

i don't think they are going to fix that problem, they just need to hurry up and release the boarderless back, forward, home, refresh/stop buttons for windows like they've already done for mac and i think for linux as well

just noticed something, the close button for inactive tabs is back to the x instead of the simple dot

^It was like that in the previous devbuild as well :p

@Singh400: Yeah, saw that on a Google search earlier today. Though what I meant with my question was if it was present in the previous devbuild :p

@Mephistopheles: I wish they started adding that style to the Windows version as well. And perhaps even a toolbar background image in that same style. We have to do with a simple gradient which goes from bright to dark. The Mac version's toolbar goes from bright to dark to bright, which looks somewhat nicer IMO.

^What I might add to that is that they've also messed up the icon colors on the toolbar. Then new wrench icon is a little bit more desaturated compared to the other icons. I can't believe they can't update the toolbar all in 1 devbuild :s

I like the style of the wrench icon more than the old style icons. It has more depth to it.

I'm hoping they get rid of the button borders soon for the rest of the icons,they're becoming an eye sore.

^That's why I dislike the inconsistency now. I'd like them to add that same style to the rest of the icons. I mean, it shouldn't be that hard :s

Anyone have weird issues with the bookmarks bar' Other Bookmarks folder. Mine is getting cut off the edge of the screen. Seems to be based on the length of the folder/link names.

^That's why I dislike the inconsistency now. I'd like them to add that same style to the rest of the icons. I mean, it shouldn't be that hard :s

Yea, it's really not hard at all.

There's no reason at all the Windows redesign shouldn't have landed alongside the OSX redesign.

decent upgrade... digging the new wrench icon, like others, I'm just hoping they bring the borderless buttons for the rest of it.

I have to say, though I disliked the borderless buttons at first, they have really grown on me. I really like the changes I'm seeing on the dev version.

Yea, it's really not hard at all.

There's no reason at all the Windows redesign shouldn't have landed alongside the OSX redesign.

I'd fix it all myself if I knew in which files all the graphics were, lol. No luck in finding that out though.

Glad that download bug is fixed, but we're still waiting on the Windows theme to catch up? blink.gif

They need to add an option to change the number ob thumbnails on the "New Tab" page.

They have 8 now, that is reasonable for laptops and small screens but I have a huge screen and these only occupy a quarter of my screen; I'd like more.

chrome also needs a built in session saver, I like the way firefox has it set up, asking if you want to save your session at close