How Bing is out-innovating Google

The ad placement was always like that on Google (some sponsored links before the results, and some on the right). And google had a sidebar on the left too, before they changed it to what it looks like now.

Bing added the sidebar before Google did.

Microsoft independently discovered what UI worked the best AFTER google already had 90% of it in place for years?

If by 90% you mean white space, then yes. And well that minimalism worked great for Google, and still does. Bing tries to be more feature packed, so at the end of the day its down to what you prefer.

I see what you did there....

1. You either snipped or ad-blocked your google search. It's mysteriously missing the Google sponsored links.

2. You labeled every shopping site as "spyware." Guess what? Those same links come up in the Google sponsored links.

I see now that what you say isn't being accepted you've resorted to the standard "Microsoft trolls" meme. Sorry, that just doesn't fly... You have nothing to back up your claims because they're false.

1. No, I am not using any ad-blocker and I have not snipped anything from the search.

2. Google shows the correct site in first place, Bing shows advertisements do Spyware and Spam sites all over the place.

The proofs to backup my claims were presented, you chose to ignore. It's quite easy to see it for yourself, just a click away: http://www.google.pt/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=realtek+high+definition+audio&aq=2&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=realte&gs_rfai=

Google:

post-52106-12809313619479.jpg

Bing!

post-52106-12808632434057.jpg

In that query Google shows the correct site in first place, Bing! shows ads to spyware and spam sites all over the place. That's my claim, those are the proofs, keep ignoring that if you wish.

Oh god, you and your pathetic anti-Microsoft garbage. Don't you get bored of it? I mean, really, don't you ever tire of spewing out all your crap?

Thank you sir for showing how native MS trolls work around here.

Here's what I get in the UK:

post-187627-12809324497607.png

post-187627-12809324706039.png

As you can see, the sponsored links on the right hand side of Google's results are exactly the same as the results at the top of Bing's results. However, Google also displays an ad at the top of their results which means that they display more ads. All those ads look like junk to me so, in that regard, they are both as bad as each other.

Please stop trolling.

1. No, I am not using any ad-blocker and I have not snipped anything from the search.

2. Google shows the correct site in first place, Bing shows advertisements do Spyware and Spam sites all over the place.

The proofs to backup my claims were presented, you chose to ignore. It's quite easy to see it for yourself, just a click away: http://www.google.pt...realte&gs_rfai=

Google:

Bing!

In that query Google shows the correct site in first place, Bing! shows ads to spyware and spam sites all over the place. That's my claim, those are the proofs, keep ignoring that if you wish.

Thank you for proving my point. Once again, you are comparing Google's actual search results with Bing's sponsored links. Unfortunately, Google's sponsored links are the same. And, again, shopping sites are not automatically spyware. Can you not see the text "SPONSORED LINKS" in your own screen captures? Because I can clearly see the ACTUAL link to the Realtek site as the FIRST hit on your Bing capture. You just didn't manage to cut it off enough.

Bing SERP are bad and in turn the search engine as a whole is useless to me.

IMO Bing shows too much emphasis to spammy sites that have purchased domains with keywords in them. Yes Google also shows these similar sites but in turn Google weighs the quality of the actual site a lot better then Bing does.

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/bing-vs-google-prominence-of-ranking-elements

User votes on a Microsoft oriented forum in a thread populated by the usual trolling herd. :rolleyes:

Well then, since as you admitted this is a microsoft oriented forum. What are you doing here ? you hate all thing MS, you don't even try them but hate them because they're labeled MS.

so why are you here ? is your sole purpose here to troll linux ? if so we don't really care for that. I'm sure there's some forums dedicated to that as well.

Thank you for proving my point. Once again, you are comparing Google's actual search results with Bing's sponsored links.

Yes, actual Google search results that come in first place where they should. Google showed that in first place, BIng! showed a collection of Ads.

You can tell the difference between those, congrats, the average user does not and will click the first result. That's why spyware and spam sites pay the big bucks to Bing!, did you know?

Unfortunately, Google's sponsored links are the same. And, again, shopping sites are not automatically spyware. Can you not see the text "SPONSORED LINKS" in your own screen captures? Because I can clearly see the ACTUAL link to the Realtek site as the FIRST hit on your Bing capture. You just didn't manage to cut it off enough.

Actually no, those are not the same.

Good you can safely install this amazing tool from this amazing "shopping" site then: http://windows-updates.net/

Looks legit, it has "Windows" and "updates" in the name, plus Bing! is promoting it. (Y)

No google places the SAME sponsored links above the actual search result the SAME way Bing does. at least it does when you don't run userscripts or ad blockers.

Yes, actual Google search results that come in first place where they should. Google showed that in first place, BIng! showed a collection of Ads.

You can tell the difference between those, congrats, the average user does not and will click the first result. That's why spyware and spam sites pay the big bucks to Bing!, did you know?

So you chose to ignore my screenshots that show Google ads in exactly the same place you are complaining that Bing places its ads. You also chose to ignore the fact that Google's ads take you to the same sites that you complain Bing is advertising for. Do you even have a point?

So you chose to ignore my screenshots that show Google ads in exactly the same place you are complaining that Bing places its ads. You also chose to ignore the fact that Google's ads take you to the same sites that you complain Bing is advertising for. Do you even have a point?

His point is simple:

Microsoft = Bad

Google = Good

His point is simple:

Microsoft = Bad

Google = Good

this.

point of his every post is

Microsoft = bad

any other company = good

It's pretty obvious by now that Lechio is a man with an agenda. And while that doesn't necessarily mean he's being dishonest when he said he didn't filter results, this is what I got with Google.

Spyware, on the first result.

post-346716-12809355710874.png

It's pretty obvious by now that Lechio is a man with an agenda. And while that doesn't necessarily mean he's being dishonest when he said he didn't filter results, this is what I got with Google.

Spyware, on the first result.

Curiously enough that doesn't show the same results. I was accused of lying, I've then provided proof, It does not show any type of ad in the first results: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=realtek+high+definition+audio&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

That's enough of the mud flinging. Any more off-topic posts and accusations of trolling or trolling-trolling will be met with warnings and the thread will be closed.

The Google ads go away based on if/how they're viewed.

I don't see how these results make Google in any way better than Bing as most like to claim...Not to mention Google has the spyware entries as well.

post-62693-12809381765026.png

Curiously enough that doesn't show the same results. I was accused of lying, I've then provided proof, It does not show any type of ad in the first results: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=realtek+high+definition+audio&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

You're missing the point Lechio and you're also ignoring the screenshots that others have posted. You presented your argument as proof that Bing is worse than Google and everyone else has demonstrated that, when it comes to rubbish ads, they're both the same.

There are clearly differences in the way that the two sites display ads in different regions but you're ignoring that and claiming that Microsoft is behaving inappropriately or underhandedly when that's not the case. You also insinuated that Microsoft was deliberately pushing spam and adware onto their users which is patently false but also ridiculous since Google serves up the same links.

The proofs to backup my claims were presented, you chose to ignore. It's quite easy to see it for yourself, just a click away: http://www.google.pt...realte&gs_rfai=

Google:

Bing!

How are you sure that there is spyware on those sites? none of those links contain spyware

I tried looking around to see if it did have spyware and here are the results I got

Below are links to other websites testing the security of each site:

QuickPCSolutions

NexTag

ShopZilla

Windows-Updates

DriverPlex

LowPriceShopper

Low Price Shopper does appear to have some people saying that the place has malware but if you notice, it says on the site that they are affiliated with Google as well.

Google and all the so-called "open-source" companies are only good at copying Microsoft's innovation. That's why it's a good idea to ALWAYS stay away from craps like the Linux OS and Google search engine.

How are you sure that there is spyware on those sites? none of those links contain spyware

I tried looking around to see if it did have spyware and here are the results I got

Below are links to other websites testing the security of each site:

QuickPCSolutions

NexTag

ShopZilla

Windows-Updates

DriverPlex

LowPriceShopper

Low Price Shopper does appear to have some people saying that the place has malware but if you notice, it says on the site that they are affiliated with Google as well.

Siteadvisor and "norton's safe web" say nothing about those types of sites. To the average user all of those look like legitimate sites that will provide a solution to their issues, quite far from the truth.

QuickPCsolutions.org

dishonest advertising, bait & switch

They advertise free driver fix, and then it takes you 30 minutes to download their software and they identify your problems and then they say that you have to register to get the drivers and full benefit of the software. THEN you register and THE LAST SCREEN IS THE PAYMENT SCREEN, and they won't download and install the drivers if you don't pay. Typical low class bait and switch that we see all the time.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/quickpcsolutionsorg-c115322.html

Siteadvisor and "norton's safe web" say nothing about those types of sites. To the average user all of those look like legitimate sites that will provide a solution to their issues, quite far from the truth.

http://www.complaint...rg-c115322.html

Ok let's assume you are correct, google still advertises those websites though. What are you trying to prove? The review you gave me as well doesn't say anything about spyware it simply says they have crappy payment systems that are expensive.

http://www.complaint...rg-c115322.html

From SiteAdvisor SafeWeb in reference to QuickPCSolutions:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Viruses (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Drive-By Downloads (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Malicious Downloads (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Worms (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Suspicious Applications (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Suspicious Browser Changes (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Security Risks (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Heuristic Viruses (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Adware (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Trojans (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Phishing Attacks (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Spyware (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Backdoors (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Remote Access Software (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Information Stealers (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Dialers (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Downloaders (what's this?) Threats found:

small-whitebg-green.png?1275989646Embedded Link To Malicious Site (what's this?) Threats found:

The only negative is a single negative user review that the comment says they got their opinion from Web of Trust.

The second one listed: SiteAdvisor says it's fine. As a matter of fact, the only downloads they found on that site were... Linux packages.

So a thread about innovation technologies has turned into a flame about ads? wow! when will the topic be closed and warnings about trolling been given?

We don't discuss account actions in public... Please try to stay at least near the topic. (hint: It's not about trolling)