Signed up as well. Though i question how usefulness that dxdiag tool is for gathering applicants specs given how inaccurate it is.

In what way is it inaccurate?If you have more than one HD or GPU, it collects the data but just doesn't display it on the summary. That's been confirmed by Anet.If it's because you have an ATI card and it just says HD 6800 series well, that's just what ATi cards do. Anet will be able to tell the specific model by the hardware ID anyway. You'll notice that ATi cards do the same thing in other programs like Speccy and the Computer summary in Windows.

In what way is it inaccurate?If you have more than one HD or GPU, it collects the data but just doesn't display it on the summary. That's been confirmed by Anet.If it's because you have an ATI card and it just says HD 6800 series well, that's just what ATi cards do. Anet will be able to tell the specific model by the hardware ID anyway. You'll notice that ATi cards do the same thing in other programs like Speccy and the Computer summary in Windows.

It ignores my cpu's overclock for one. There's a noticeable difference in performance between the stock 3.3 and 4.3ghz. And for whatever reason it reports nearly 300 MB of ram less than the video card actually has.

"Thanks for signing up for a chance to participate in the Guild Wars 2 beta test. We've received your application and we'll email you if you've been accepted. We appreciate your interest in Guild Wars 2!"

Let's see if lady luck going to be good to me this year.

My friend who's wife works at NCsoft has been playing, and it looks sweet from what I've watched.

I think I'll email one of them over there to get a beta account before my free account arrives :p

My friend who's wife works at NCsoft has been playing, and it looks sweet from what I've watched.

I think I'll email one of them over there to get a beta account before my free account arrives :p

Share. :D

Share. :D

Can't :p But I got some of the main guys emails over at NCsoft. I don't think it would hurt to ask them personally for a key into the beta, since I already did a little testing for them, and I'm getting a free copy when it is released... at least via my perception :p

If I get into beta, I'll post screens and vids, as long as there aren't any restrictions given to it lol.

Can't :p But I got some of the main guys emails over at NCsoft. I don't think it would hurt to ask them personally for a key into the beta, since I already did a little testing for them, and I'm getting a free copy when it is released... at least via my perception :p

If I get into beta, I'll post screens and vids, as long as there aren't any restrictions given to it lol.

These special closed beta events are open to invited players only. Everything you see in the game is still confidential, so we?ll require you to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) in order to play.

Source.

So they probably won't like you sharing screens and vids. :p

Any chance this could be tagged as the official thread? I didn't create it as one because it was too early, but I think it would be okay now?

Yes. I've also updated the post to add more information (which is a requirement for "official" threads). Here's the original post:

Well it's a long time in the making and more and more information is starting to come out about this game, finally! Has anyone been following the little bits of information that's been released on this game?

And then there is the new Guild Wars 2 manifesto video and only one word can describe it.. epic!

http://www.guildwars...video-manifesto

Bah, can't imbed the video.. if you haven't watched it yet check it out! And watch the class videos, too. This game is long over due (remember GW2 beta summer 08) but it looks amazing. This will probably be the next mmo I commit to playing.

Here's a link to watch the video in hd:

http://www.guildwars...video-manifesto

Err..Are you confusing Anet and NCSoft?Because NCSoft won't have any say who gets in the beta - they're only publishing the game. I can get that some of their staff are asked to test for one of their studios, but they won't have influence on who gets in the beta.

Err..Are you confusing Anet and NCSoft?Because NCSoft won't have any say who gets in the beta - they're only publishing the game. I can get that some of their staff are asked to test for one of their studios, but they won't have influence on who gets in the beta.

I always had the impression that NCsoft and Anet were one in the same.

ArenaNet is a video game developer and part of NCsoft Corporation, founded in 2000 by Mike O'Brien, Patrick Wyatt and Jeff Strain and located in Bellevue, Washington. They are the developers of the episodic Competitive online role-playing game series Guild Wars.

They are a part of NCsoft, so I would think NCsoft has more say over it :p

Yes. I've also updated the post to add more information (which is a requirement for "official" threads). Here's the original post:

I was aware of that, but I cant edit posts after so long, lol. When I created this thread I had no intention for it to become official in any way. It's just where everyone kept posting about the game.

Source.

So they probably won't like you sharing screens and vids. :p

I'd like to know why they say that, tbh. At this point there's so much information and so many videos about the game online that there really isn't a whole lot to hide anymore. There's very few to no "BIG" features we don't already know about. And even if we haven't seen them in playable form yet, we also know many of the zones, dungeons and so on.

• Like 1

I'd like to know why they say that, tbh. At this point there's so much information and so many videos about the game online that there really isn't a whole lot to hide anymore. There's very few to no "BIG" features we don't already know about. And even if we haven't seen them in playable form yet, we also know many of the zones, dungeons and so on.

Regardless, there is an nda for the beta.

I loved the original Guild Wars I played it for years before getting in to WoW. I mainly switched because I ran out of content in Guild Wars. I'd completed all the PVE stuff and got every skill available for all the classes the game had (I quit about 8 months before the north expansion came out).

I had a lot of fun playing Guild Wars though made a lot of friends and had a total blast. I felt the gameplay was tremendous and I always enjoyed running people to Droknars Forge and farming with my 55hp monk. The only negative things I ever felt towards Guild Wars gameplay wise were the lack of Jumping and the fact everything was instanced. Those two things I felt held the game back and it seems they've solved those in Guild Wars 2.

GW2 looks fantastic. I saw a few bits of Mesmer PVP which was my 2nd favourite class in Guild Wars after Monk and I was really impressed with what they have done with the Mesmer class the new skills look really neat and I can't wait to roll one. I do feel a great deal of disappointment that they have removed Monk from the game but I understand their reasons there was often a lack of Monks in the original Guild Wars and it could literally end a night of gaming for many guilds if they couldn't secure a decent monk so giving all the classes the ability to heal should make forming a party for an adventure a lot easier.

I've signed up for the Beta and I hope my unique hardware will give me an edge to being accepted.

I always had the impression that NCsoft and Anet were one in the same.

ArenaNet is a video game developer and part of NCsoft Corporation, founded in 2000 by Mike O'Brien, Patrick Wyatt and Jeff Strain and located in Bellevue, Washington. They are the developers of the episodic Competitive online role-playing game series Guild Wars.

They are a part of NCsoft, so I would think NCsoft has more say over it :p

No, they're not at all the same. For almost every other game under the NCSoft label, NCSoft have some part in the active development, planning and whatnot of the game (if they don't design the game entirely, like say Aion, which is developed by the NCSoft Development Department. This is the crucial difference). This is not the case with Guild Wars 2. Anet do everything, and NCSoft offer only the support and publishing of the game. NCSoft have logged 0 hours on the design and development of this game. They really give ANet a long leash - mostly because they took a risk on them with Guild Wars 1 and it made them so much money!

There are lots of features we don't know about, just yesterday it was revealed that you could visit other servers for no fee (while still having a home server). We still know very little about Asura and Sylvari, about all the explorable areas, about dungeons and fight mechanics, about the other 2 maps in WvWvW, about lore obviously, about mounts (if there are any). Hell, even the skills and abilities aren't set in stone.

As for the NDA, you aren't even allowed to say that you are playing the Beta actually.