Already registered my account.

Linking GW1 account is dead easy, as long as you know your email address and password.

You can also update your email address in case you no longer use that particular one.

Already registered my account.

Linking GW1 account is dead easy, as long as you know your email address and password.

You can also update your email address in case you no longer use that particular one.

So you're already bought and paid for? I have to go deposit some money into my account tomorrow before I can buy. :wacko:

Edit: Seems you can order now even though it's only 11:30pm on the west coast.

It seems you cannot prepurchase the Collectors Edition on the site... irritating.

You know that it's been known since pre-purchases were announced that you couldn't get the CE directly from guildwars2.com, right?

You know that it's been known since pre-purchases were announced that you couldn't get the CE directly from guildwars2.com, right?

I didn't know that, but its also irritating that:

A) My old account doesn't seem to be recognized by the site (either password or resetting the password).

B) Trying to register a new account gives me a 502.

So you're already bought and paid for? I have to go deposit some money into my account tomorrow before I can buy. :wacko:

Edit: Seems you can order now even though it's only 11:30pm on the west coast.

Yes, i prepurchased from a retailer in Switzerland who sent out the box (not CE, mind) last week.

It seems you cannot prepurchase the Collectors Edition on the site... irritating.

To be fair, that's not their fault. That was made perfectly clear when the site was first launched.

Just bought the Standard edition. I see no point in the other ones, 20$ for a mini pet doesn't seem worth it, everything else is a 1 off. Got my account all linked and ready to go!

Just bought the Standard edition. I see no point in the other ones, 20$ for a mini pet doesn't seem worth it, everything else is a 1 off. Got my account all linked and ready to go!

I agree completely. It's such a rip off. On the other hand I would buy the CE if I had the money for it. I want the statue even though it's probably not nearly as nice as the picture on the site. :rofl:

I agree completely. It's such a rip off. On the other hand I would buy the CE if I had the money for it. I want the statue even though it's probably not nearly as nice as the picture on the site. :rofl:

Yea, see I am not really into Statues / Physical representations of games. I don't collect action figures, gundams, etc. I bought the WOTLK CE launch night. The future shop I was at had 19 CE Copies, and they were offered (had to still pay for them) to the first 19 people in line. I was #18 and my buddy was #19 so we both got the CE's. But they came with a huge hard cover book with artwork, a mouse pad showing all of northrend. A behind the scenes DVD, and the Soundtrack CD.

However, that was before I had bills to pay, and mouths to feed besides my own. Even at 60$ it isn't cheap lol, but I figure I can spend 60$ and still feel good about my purchase.

Yea, see I am not really into Statues / Physical representations of games. I don't collect action figures, gundams, etc. I bought the WOTLK CE launch night. The future shop I was at had 19 CE Copies, and they were offered (had to still pay for them) to the first 19 people in line. I was #18 and my buddy was #19 so we both got the CE's. But they came with a huge hard cover book with artwork, a mouse pad showing all of northrend. A behind the scenes DVD, and the Soundtrack CD.

However, that was before I had bills to pay, and mouths to feed besides my own. Even at 60$ it isn't cheap lol, but I figure I can spend 60$ and still feel good about my purchase.

Although I like the statue, I mostly just want it because I have the CE of all the other Guild Wars games. It's funny because they used to only be $70. Not "haha" funny but "stupid" funny. :wacko:

Although I like the statue, I mostly just want it because I have the CE of all the other Guild Wars games. It's funny because they used to only be $70. Not "haha" funny but "stupid" funny. :wacko:

Yea, I bought the CE of RIFT (Granted it was digital), but even then it was only like 15$ more than standard.. not double the price lol. I think the CE of WOTLK was 110$

For an addittional $10 it saves you time and energy leveling in the game. The CE is completely worth the price. Most figurines of that quality and scale are anywhere from $30-$50, plus a $10 art book, a $10 soundtrack, probably another $20 in printed art. You're looking at $150-$160 in value for the $149 they are charging. Sounds good to me.

For an addittional $10 it saves you time and energy leveling in the game. The CE is completely worth the price. Most figurines of that quality and scale are anywhere from $30-$50, plus a $10 art book, a $10 soundtrack, probably another $20 in printed art. You're looking at $150-$160 in value for the $149 they are charging. Sounds good to me.

Additional $10? You're aware the digital delux version is $20 more right?

Regular edition - $59.99

Digital Deluxe - $79.99

Besides that I'm 75% certain you'll be able to buy those items from the in game store for less. Also neither of them gives you more experience. It's glory, which is a currency for pvp gear, and something that will help out your guild.

You can easily buy XP boots from the cash shop in GW2 for much less than $20 dollars. The digital delux is disappointing, i'd much rather just drop that 20 dollars on the cash shop. The XP boost is useless anyways, GW2 is not about reaching endgame. You will miss out on a lot of content if you just blow through the levels. Hell a big feature is being able to down level yourself so no content is ever out of date.

Additional $10? You're aware the digital delux version is $20 more right?

Regular edition - $59.99

Digital Deluxe - $79.99

Besides that I'm 75% certain you'll be able to buy those items from the in game store for less. Also neither of them gives you more experience. It's glory, which is a currency for pvp gear, and something that will help out your guild.

Woops, edited. Meant to hit the 2 :p

[edit] Ah, can't change it.

got an email just now from them (hoped it was for beta access) they were just trying to sell me the collectors edition.

I would hazard a guess that from this time on the only way to get into future beta events is to prepurchase the game.

Actually, if i recall what i've heard correctly, you can still get into future betas by luck of the draw(aka the previous beta sign ups) if you don't want to pre-purchase. Though i wouldn't rely on it.

I would hazard a guess that from this time on the only way to get into future beta events is to prepurchase the game.

Most likely. On the FAQ it says that the only way to guarantee access is through pre-purchase. That even if you get into one event you may not get into the others. That each event will bring more and more people. I wouldn't be surprised if the people invited now + pre-purchases will get into this event. Then next beta they will just have the pre purchases. The next one bring back the people from the first one. However I don't know how many they will end up actually doing.

Either way, for me the 20$ is 10 coffees, or 2 lunches, I'd prefer that over a couple of one off digital items that are for parts of the games (pvp) I will not be partaking in. So I went with the 59$ one and called it good.

Most likely. On the FAQ it says that the only way to guarantee access is through pre-purchase. That even if you get into one event you may not get into the others. That each event will bring more and more people. I wouldn't be surprised if the people invited now + pre-purchases will get into this event. Then next beta they will just have the pre purchases. The next one bring back the people from the first one. However I don't know how many they will end up actually doing.

Either way, for me the 20$ is 10 coffees, or 2 lunches, I'd prefer that over a couple of one off digital items that are for parts of the games (pvp) I will not be partaking in. So I went with the 59$ one and called it good.

Well I'm a pvp fiend but those items still don't interest me. We will probably be able to buy them in the in game store, and for cheaper, as well. Collectors might be interested in the miniature but I don't really care for those either.