The client doesn't report the proper download speeds. I was pretty much maxing out my mere 10mbit/sec(1.25mbyte/sec) connection the whole time and it never said more than 400KB/sec. So yea, use some kinda app to see what speed you're really getting.

I saw the same, 90KB yet my Resource Monitor was showing the gw2 process to be using 300KB.

Only 200k? That actually seems low.

Maybe a lot of people are waiting for an actual release date before committing money to the game though?

For prepurchasing the game that doesn't have a set release date? That's pretty good, for me.

Isn't that actually pretty god for an MMO in general?

So for those of us that are in.. What server do we want to play on? (US Worlds)

Anvil Rock? First on the list and most likely to be fully populated at all times. Though I don't think that will be a problem with any of the servers.

Although I'm not sure how much I will personally play, I think I'll just test out the different classes and confirm which class I'll be picking as my main once the game goes live. And trying out pvp.

I haven't seen any info on it yet but are they letting us make Sylvari and Asura? I know those two races were not available in previous betas.

Anvil Rock? First on the list and most likely to be fully populated at all times. Though I don't think that will be a problem with any of the servers.

Sounds good, my worry is queues. Is there going to be districts like GW1?

Good point. Lets go with one further down the list then.. Tarnished Coast? I always hated that area in GW1. :rofl:

Queuing in GW2 is different. If your server is full you get directed to an overflow server. When a slot becomes available your given the choice to go to your home server.

SK[' timestamp=1335355820' post='594822939]

Queuing in GW2 is different. If your server is full you get directed to an overflow server. When a slot becomes available your given the choice to go to your home server.

That's not bad, but still I wouldn't want to have to be in some random server waiting to get into mine, although it is better than a:

"You are current 18th in line... 17th... 12th... 5... 1.. 1... 1... 1... "

So for those of us that are in.. What server do we want to play on? (US Worlds)

I was thinking henge of denravi myself. Just cause i liked that quiet little town in gw1.

I haven't seen any info on it yet but are they letting us make Sylvari and Asura? I know those two races were not available in previous betas.

Nope, not yet. And there's a good chance they might not appear in any BWE. Cause they don't want to spoil everything before release.

SK[' timestamp=1335355820' post='594822939]

You also keep any progress you made at the overflow server upon returning to your home server.

SK[' timestamp=1335356790' post='594822973]

The two EU servers of Fissure of Woe and Underworld are going to be full very quickly in my opinion.

Why did they put both of those names in the EU? :rofl:

Why did they put both of those names in the EU? :rofl:

Because we're awesome! :rofl: Think we got the better Server names than you guys in NA did, they should have given you Fissure of Woe or something to split them up. :laugh:

They're going to be full population at all times for sure.

I was thinking henge of denravi myself. Just cause i liked that quiet little town in gw1.

Okay, I think Tagedy and I are going on Tarnished Coast

Because we're awesome! :rofl: Think we got the better Server names than you guys in NA did, they should have given you Fissure of Woe or something to split them up. :laugh:

They're going to be full population at all times for sure.

You guys also get Ring of Fire, Desolation, and Abbadons Mouth.

I demand a recount.

You guys also get Ring of Fire, Desolation, and Abbadons Mouth.

I demand a recount.

Denied! :rofl: You get... Yak's Bend and... Ferguson's Crossing and... Blazeridge Mountains, actually that last one is pretty good :) not to mention Sorrow's Furnace! :woot:

i doubt that i will be in the beta however, i can hope.

I will not be buying the game when it is released however, a bit later this year i might be able to pick it up. the game looks simply amazing.

i doubt that i will be in the beta however, i can hope.

I will not be buying the game when it is released however, a bit later this year i might be able to pick it up. the game looks simply amazing.

With D3 and GW2 I am going to be swamped. Why you planning on waiting?

I have a mumble server if anyone feels like talking with people while playing, PM me and ill give ya the info. I will be playing all weekend, mostly WvWvW or PVP, i want to save all the story stuff for when it comes out.

I really, really want to pre-order the game so I can get access to the beta weekends. Maybe next week when I get some money. The game just looks better and better everytime I see it.

So it seems they've stopped taking digital prepurchases at the moment. I guess that means they've gotten enough prepurchases already to fill up, or mostly fill up, all of the 48 servers available for this weekend. Otherwise this wouldn't have happened. Impressive to have gotten so much so quickly.

So it seems they've stopped taking digital prepurchases at the moment. I guess that means they've gotten enough prepurchases already to fill up, or mostly fill up, all of the 48 servers available for this weekend. Otherwise this wouldn't have happened. Impressive to have gotten so much so quickly.

They do say sold out, that's funny.

Sold out of digital items... heh. Shows they underestimated the popularity of this game. Still, its all pre-purchase money so right now that companies bank account will be looking very health I would imagine.