See here;

and here

During the beta weekend they posted an update on the forums or twitter that said you need to contact support if you try to login in from the wrong region - they'll try and sort it out for you.

Nothing about any lock in the article blog post I linked (that was written by arenanet). Seems safe from the quoted paragraph:

That was just during the beta. They were giving away free server transfers/gems so people can test the system. When the game is officially released it will cost gems to transfer servers.

See here;

https://www.facebook...=3&__att=iframe

and here

https://www.facebook...425415807474699

During the beta weekend they posted an update on the forums or twitter that said you need to contact support if you try to login in from the wrong region - they'll try and sort it out for you.

Check the date on: http://www.arena.net...in-guild-wars-2

It's from April 24th. Information more updated than the posts on facebook (April 5th).

That was just during the beta. They were giving away free server transfers/gems so people can test the system. When the game is officially released it will cost gems to transfer servers.

Yeah, I read that part (the first paragraph :D ). Still going to be cheaper for me to pay 72 USD (for the deluxe edition) plus purchasing 1800 gems, than pay 75 Euros (which is almost 99 USD).

You're aware that Anet headquarters is in Seattle Washington right? Hence the 11pm pdt finale time? To be brutally honest the beta finale wasn't for the EU people. :rofl:

Well that...

SadPanda.png

:rofl:

On another note, I didn't get much lag outside of WvWvW (which is expected) and the game looks awesome even on low-medium settings, the game is still running in DX9 too.

Check the date on: http://www.arena.net...in-guild-wars-2

It's from April 24th. Information more updated than the posts on facebook (April 5th).

Yeah, I read that part (the first paragraph :D ). Still going to be cheaper for me to pay 72 USD (for the deluxe edition) plus purchasing 1800 gems, than pay 75 Euros (which is almost 99 USD).

That blog post you keep linking to has nothing to do with region locking, it is for what happens after you log in to your account. You must buy from the correct region, or you'll be locked out on launch.

Trust me or not, but you're wrong here and you will be annoyed by it on launch.

That blog post you keep linking to has nothing to do with region locking, it is for what happens after you log in to your account. You must buy from the correct region, or you'll be locked out on launch.

Trust me or not, but you're wrong here and you will be annoyed by it on launch.

Basically, you can play on whatever server you like with whatever region copy of the game you've bought but crucially, you can only login and play using a US copy of the game if you are in fact logging in from the US or logging in with a EU region copy in the EU otherwise you will be locked out of the game at launch as Wakers said. It's to stop people from buying the game at cheaper currency conversions.

In short, I wouldn't bother, you'll be disappointed and sorry you didn't pay them properly.

Too late for that. Already purchased a few hours ago and registered the copy: http://i.imgur.com/Vk6Cs.jpg

We'll see who was right upon release or the next beta.

Oh man :( then I hope for your sake they do allow you to switch regions, there's been a lot of people asking for it because of holidays or moving country etc so it might happen. But even still, they'll probably charge for the service no doubt. I hope you have a proxy ready just in case. :/

Is my copy of Guild Wars 2 tied to my region?

Yes. To play from North America you must purchase a North American copy of the game. To play from Europe you must purchase a European copy of the game. Note that this restriction impacts where you can play from, not which game worlds you can choose to play on.

By purchasing the correct copy of the game, you're supporting the game in your country, and you'll be connecting to your local data center, using your local customer support team, and downloading the correct language support for your country.

Proxy won't help me. If I won't be able to log-in, I already have a VPN ready and a good story to tell to the support team.

But I just know I won't have any problems. We'll see :D

Proxy won't help me. If I won't be able to log-in, I already have a VPN ready and a good story to tell to the support team.

But I just know I won't have any problems. We'll see :D

You won't have problems in the beta. However twitter posts, and the official FAQ say it's region locked. You will need to talk to support to change it, and once changed don't expect them to change it again,

The WIP gem store is accessible to viewing: https://gemstore.ncplatform.net/

I think this is what you see in-game. During the BWE the Gem Store was 100% working. However I noticed the window it loaded into was a browser window (with some limitations that would cause GW2 to crash).

For those who don't facebook, they've posted on their facebook that there's an upcoming stress test next week. And it seems like our previous characters will remain for this test.

We?ll be conducting a stress test on Monday May 14 from 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT).

This special test event is open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts. With your help, we can conduct important tests and address some of the issues we identified during our first Beta Weekend Event. During this event, all you need to do is play normally with a new or existing character on your Beta account using the same game client. Please note that since this is a stress test of our servers, you may experience some in-game performance issues. If you?ve pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and wish to participate in the stress test, we recommend that you register the account and download the game client.

• Like 1

Why on a working day? Returning late on Monday and don't have the energy to play video games :(

I preferred their BWE for testing better.

Probably because they just worked the fix out and needed to test it asap and Monday was the soonest they could do that.

Or this is a stress test and they believe they have resolved the login issues experienced with the first BWE. Setting the awkward time they have also means you will get the majority of Europe playing as the time is 7PM.

Yea, it looks as if it's a test to see how the EU servers respond after some changes they've made.

I'm sure there are already lots of people complaining about it being on a Monday morning / afternoon in America though.

I'm on vacation next week so this is good for me. Will get some good Diablo time in too.

hmm.. well that's pretty ****ty for any NA players.. It's -2 hours from where I live so it technically runs from 1PM to 8PM. From 9AM to 5PM I am at work (giving me 3 hours), then right after work I pick my son up for 2-2.5 hours. So yea playing the "Test Day" isn't going to happen for me.

It looks like it's aimed more at the EU, given the day and time. The Eu servers melted completely at the start of BWE, so they're probably wanting to see if they've fixed the problem.

It looks like it's aimed more at the EU, given the day and time. The Eu servers melted completely at the start of BWE, so they're probably wanting to see if they've fixed the problem.

US servers did too. Took me nearly 3 hours to get logged on last time and I didn't even try until 3 hours after the servers opened.

Just pre-ordered it. In my email it says this, "The game client will be available shortly; we will send you an e-mail with a download link." How long is that supposed to take, out of curiosity? I am ready to get this **** going, aawwhh yyeeaahh!